Koby

Lost Years Index (Dual-Audio SimulDub Remuxes & Fansubs)

6 minutes ago, freeka said:

Honestly, I much prefer basic kfx over the over the top nonsense some groups feel the need to throw in. I think the only kfx I have ever actually sat back and been impressed by was the OP for AoT2 (though the rest of the OP/EDs for both seasons were pretty tight).

Presentable/readable > ridiculous karaeffector generated 20k+ line scripts.

I had every intent to sit down at one point and write some basic scripts similar to that so I could have a bank of basic kfx scripts for releases (or bother etz to write me some at least) but as has been mentioned a few times here, I got pretty swamped when I rolled into LY and that idea dropped.

I actually really like the flower petals in Yurikuma Arashi's OP on my release, and the beat visualizer in the ED. especially since the ED is just a static picture, having KFX on that one is fun and harmless since there's nothing else going on. check those out if you haven't yet.

1 minute ago, Catar said:

I actually really like the flower petals in Yurikuma Arashi's OP on my release, and the beat visualizer in the ED. especially since the ED is just a static picture, having KFX on that one is fun and harmless since there's nothing else going on. check those out if you haven't yet.

I also love it when the karaoke matches effects that were applied to the text in the actual credits. A great example is PAS's subs for Land of the Lustrous. Starts off with a bubble effect while Phos is floating underwater and then transitions to multicolored polygon shards. Of course, it lags MPC so much they had to put a disclaimer on the torrent description that says it should be run in MPV only. Works fine for me in Plex though. :D 

To clarify one of the SimulDubs, Magical Girl Raising Project (Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku) was a Fall 2016 series that FUNi finally licensed and is releasing the dub this season. Also, we usually save BD releases for Kametsu but, this is a special case that may happen from time to time given FUNi's SimulDub, which appears they will also do SimulDubs for shows they pick up later. Since we choose the best quality version out there when we do our releases, technically a BD would be best quality. This being the case, though, it should be a simple remux later when the English BD audio is out and pretty much a guarantee Kametsu will be doing it.