Nintendo Switch

Dervell

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why Nintendo hasn't at least announced a Smash Bros Wii U port for Switch. Combine all post DLC from the Wii U version and add (if possible) all 3DS stages/features too. At least, I am expecting that much. I would LOVE for Ice Climbers to come back since they already had them fully working on the Wii U until they had to scrap them because the 3DS couldn't handle them. Yet I know not to have high hopes because Nintendo is great at low-balling me expectations. This Direct was fair. Nothing shocking. I love Nintendo, I really do, but where are games such as Pikmin 4, DK, Animal Crossing, F-Zero, StarFox, etc. I am stoked for Odyssey, Prime 4 and the Pokemon series to be on Switch though! Here's hoping for a Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion HD remakes! And some Virtual Console games that I can transfer from my Wii/Wii U to my Switch!

14 hours ago, luigi7mew2 said:

I don't understand why Nintendo hasn't at least announced a Smash Bros Wii U port for Switch. Combine all post DLC from the Wii U version and add (if possible) all 3DS stages/features too. At least, I am expecting that much. I would LOVE for Ice Climbers to come back since they already had them fully working on the Wii U until they had to scrap them because the 3DS couldn't handle them. Yet I know not to have high hopes because Nintendo is great at low-balling me expectations. This Direct was fair. Nothing shocking. I love Nintendo, I really do, but where are games such as Pikmin 4, DK, Animal Crossing, F-Zero, StarFox, etc. I am stoked for Odyssey, Prime 4 and the Pokemon series to be on Switch though! Here's hoping for a Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion HD remakes! And some Virtual Console games that I can transfer from my Wii/Wii U to my Switch!

I don't care if Nintendo announces another Smash Bros, but what I DO NOT want is more SSB amiibo. I am two away from finishing the collection. I DO NOT WANT MORE. 

The Xenoblade 2 feature really disappointed me. It does not give me the same feels the first Xenoblade did. It looks interesting on it's own, but so far right now I'm like "No, that's not Xenoblade". 

2 hours ago, Pizza Cat said:

I don't care if Nintendo announces another Smash Bros, but what I DO NOT want is more SSB amiibo. I am two away from finishing the collection. I DO NOT WANT MORE. 

The Xenoblade 2 feature really disappointed me. It does not give me the same feels the first Xenoblade did. It looks interesting on it's own, but so far right now I'm like "No, that's not Xenoblade". 

Lol I literally have all the amiibo (yes even Box Boy and the MH amiibo released in JP). And all preordered for upcoming amiibo too. I really don't want a TON more, but I know this will never die hahah. amiibo will be around for at least another 5 years. I just wanted amiibo for every smash character ever in a game (we got a Majora's Mask Young Link so that's awesome!). Sadly I don't see that ever happening (RIP Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle and Pichu). I do see them releasing more "Player 2" amiibo though; Wii Fit Male, Alph, Female Villager, Female Robin, Koopalings (am I missing any?).

I am getting Xenoblade 2, but I do agree with you that it hasn't given me the same feels as Xenoblade did. 

The main appeal of the switch to me is being able to play game portably.  Third party support is starting to get stronger on it and the first party is excellent as always from Nintendo.  I would however recommend waiting just a bit longer until you buy.  It seems like by december there will be a boatload of stuff to play and some of the excellent early titles will likely be on sale.  No ragrets getting my switch so far.

Switch is the first Nintendo system in a while that I haven't bought at launch, the recently announced Mario Odyssey bundle almost swayed me until I saw you don't even get a physical game with it, what the heck?

There are only a few games right now that I really want to play. Once they show off Animal Crossing I might cave...

By the time I pick it up there might be a redesign with how much Nintendo loves those, haha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...