I just thought I'd share with you which cartoons I've liked, which cartoons I haven't liked, and which cartoons I plan on watching.  I'd like you to tell me which cartoons you'd recommend to me!  Feel free to "second" the ones on my list, too.  It gives me a better idea of what kinds of cartoons you like.  Keep in mind that while I have watched a handful of anime and adult cartoons, I am generally not interested in them, so there's no need to mention them.

Currently watching:

• Dreamworks Dragons
    • I'm finally making some headway again, after a long time of procrastinating and waiting to download the special episode that takes place between the Cartoon Network and Netflix seasons. The Netflix seasons are so much better animated, it isn't even funny. Goes to show you what a little budget will do, huh?

Cartoons I've liked*:

Spoiler

• Phineas and Ferb
    • The best cartoon of all time.  The characters are unique, the voice acting is on point, the animation is sharp, the songs are clever and catchy, and it left me wanting more.
      • Favorite Character: Too hard to choose
      • Favorite Episode: Summer Belongs to You!
  • Gravity Falls
    • Absolutely fantastic!  It has lovable characters, mysterious circumstances, and an overarching plot that culminates in a 3-part series finale full of emotion and suspense.
      • Favorite Character: Mabel
      • Favorite Episode: Northwest Mansion Mystery
  • Star vs. the Forces of Evil
    • Very witty, with a slightly heavier focus on the story.  You'll fall in love with the characters, and there are both silly and compelling villains.
      • Favorite Character: Toffee
      • Favorite Episode: Lava Lake Beach
  • Milo Murphy's Law
    • Has the potential to be as good as Phineas and Ferb, but has fallen somewhat short due to Marsh and Povenmire's absence from the writing team.  It's still good, though, and is well worth a watch.
      • Favorite Character: Milo
      • Favorite Episode: Rooting for the Enemy
  • OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes
    • This is the single best use of hand-drawn animation I have ever seen. The characters are incredibly expressive, and the lack of any consistency gives the show a lot of personality. And it's so funny! My face actually hurt from all the non-stop grinning after I binged about half of the first season in a day.
      • Favorite Character: Dendy
      • Favorite Episode: K.O.'s Video Channel
  • Adventure Time
    • It's all about... well, adventure!  The writing is great, and as the series goes on, the characters grow a lot through their experiences and the episodes get deeper.
      • Favorite Character: Lumpy Space Princess
      • Favorite Episodes: "Elements" Miniseries
  • The Last Airbender
    • It's basically anime, but American-made.  And unlike most anime, it's SFW.
      • Favorite Character: Toph
      • Favorite Episode: Too hard to choose
  • Wander Over Yonder
    • Wander is the most positive, see-the-bright-side, glass-half-full character I have ever seen.  And being contrasted against his beat-up-the-bad-guys partner Sylvia, every episode is hilarious.  We could all learn a thing or two from Wander.  It's a shame the show was unjustly canceled, but at least they were able to make a proper ending for it.
      • Favorite Character: Wander
  • Danny Phantom
    • By far Butch Hartman's best cartoon.  A ghost-fighting superhero?  Sign me up.
      • Favorite Character: Danny
      • Favorite Episode: The Ultimate Enemy
  • Big Hero 6: The Series
    • As a serialized continuation of my favorite movie of all time, this show is freakin' amazing. It's too bad that Fred's voice actor got replaced, but the new guy does a pretty good job. All the characters feel true to their original appearance in the movie. While it feels a bit more cartoony than the movie, from the very first episode it's been hinting at something bigger.
      • Favorite Character: Baymax
      • Favorite Episode: Food Fight
  • Harvey Beaks
    • An amazingly fun cartoon with relatable characters and hidden life lessons.  Just about every episode ends with one of the characters growing in some way, and it does so organically.  And not every episode does this, either.  Sometimes it's just for fun.  Overall just brilliant writing.
      • Favorite Character: Fee
      • Favorite Episode: Steampunks
  • Tangled: The Series
    • This show is a continuation of my favorite Disney princess movie! It retains almost all of the charm of the original movie, but in a gorgeous 2D style not all that unlike Big Hero 6: The Series. The writing is excellent, the characters are as lovable and relatable as ever, and best of all, the overarching plot is incredibly engaging! I LOVE what they've done with the world of Tangled, and can't wait to see what's in store in season 2!
      • Favorite Character: Rapunzel (though Pascal is a close second)
      • Favorite Episode: Big Brothers of Corona
  • The Loud House
    • With Lincoln Loud and his 10 sisters living in the same house, it's needless to say that antics ensue every single episode.  The comic-like animation style is refreshing, too.
      • Favorite Character: Luan
      • Favorite Episode: Fool's Paradise
  • The Amazing World of Gumball
    • It probably has the most unique animation style I've ever seen.  The backgrounds are realistic (possibly even real photos), and the characters are everything from traditional 2D animation, to 3D animation, to upside-down chin puppets.  The characters are relatable, yet often morally corrupt (to hilarious effect).
      • Favorite Character: Gumball
  • The Legend of Korra
    • As a sequel series to The Last Airbender, it inherits most elements of its predecessor.  Due to the fact that each season is its own plotline rather than stretching out a single story over 3 seasons, it's much denser, allowing less time for the characters to be silly.  The action scenes are much more intense, too.
      • Favorite Character: Bolin
      • Favorite Episode: Beginnings
  • Kim Possible
    • With the drama of high school and the danger of saving the world, it's got something for everyone.
      • Favorite Character: Dr. Drakken
      • Favorite Episode: A Sitch in Time
  • My Life as a Teenage Robot
    • What's not to love about a crime-fighting robot girl and her human friends?  If I could bring back any cancelled cartoon, this would be my second choice, right behind Wander Over Yonder.
      • Favorite Character: Jenny
      • Favorite Episode: Escape from Cluster Prime
  • T.U.F.F. Puppy
    • Butch Hartman makes great shows, and this is no exception. The humor is a little less subtle and more slapsticky than Butch's previous shows, and sometimes the characters yell and state the obvious and such, which cheapens the experience somewhat. But hey, I'm able to just accept it and move on.
      • Favorite Character: Kitty
  • The Powerpuff Girls
    • This is NOT to be confused with the cringy 2016 reboot.  The main draw for this show is that the girls are ADORABLE.  Oh, and they fight crime and stuff, too.
      • Favorite Character: Too hard to choose, but it would be between the Powerpuff Girls themselves
      • Favorite Episode: The Powerpuff Girls Movie
  • Bunsen Is a Beast
    • More like Butch Hartman is a beast, am I right? Much like T.U.F.F. Puppy, this show is a bit... loud. Characters yell all the time, and you probably won't find it as clever as Butch's earlier works. But it's good in its own right, and I'm okay with that.
      • Favorite Character: Amanda
  • Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer
    • Utterly hilarious.  It has a bit of a weird sense of humor, which I really dig.  The characters are particularly funny. It's really too bad it was canceled after the first season.
      • Favorite Character: Marsha
      • Favorite Episode: The Battle for Subterranea-Tania
  • Camp Lakebottom
    • The characters are what really make this show so great. They all have very entertaining personalities that stand out from one another. There's a lot of gross-out humor (about 75% of it being potty humor), but I don't mind so much. The animation quality is top-notch throughout the first season, but unfortunately it took a dive after that (probably due to budget cuts or something like that). Specifically, starting in season 2, the motion tweening (a thing that's used in Flash animation) becomes painfully obvious. It gives it a sort of uncanny valley feel some of the time, especially with "guest" characters. But despite this, the things that make the show so great remain, so it's well worth enduring the occasional cringy animation.
      • Favorite Character: Gretchen
      • Favorite Episode: The Superfantastic Mega-Buds
  • Ben 10
    • This is also not to be confused with its reboot.  It has some semblance of a plot, but gets distracted a bit too much with individual episode plots.  It also never really resolves several plot points, and I don't think any of the sequel series took care of them either.
      • Favorite Character: Ben as OG Ghostfreak
      • Favorite Episode: Secret of the Omnitrix
  • Generator Rex
    • It's surprisingly mature for a kids' show. The action is very anime-like, and the storyline is actually quite deep (it was clearly planned out from the beginning). Rex's personality is very similar to that of Ben's from Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, so combined with the fact that both this and Ben 10 were made by Man of Action, it's understandable that they got a crossover.
      • Favorite Character: Bobo
      • Favorite Episode: A Brief History of Time
  • Ben 10: Alien Force
    • The more "mature" storytelling found in Alien Force when compared to the original is refreshing.  However, there was a great deal of rushed character development, especially in the first few episodes.  And get ready for a buttload of retcons and redesigns, as well as a few inconsistencies in the story.  Also, don't go in expecting to see Ben's old transformations from the original series very often, as he has an all-new set of aliens.  Don't worry, though; you'll warm up to them.
      • Favorite Character: Ben as Rath
      • Favorite Episode: War of the Worlds
  • Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
    • For all intents and purposes, it basically forms seasons 4, 5, and 6 of Alien Force. Its storytelling is improved over the previous series, but not by much. To be honest, it was getting a bit stale (keep in mind, I watched the first three Ben 10 series all in a row).
      • Favorite Character: Ben as Rath (again)
      • Favorite Episode: Absolute Power
  • Ben 10: Omniverse
    • Honestly, it's not as bad as some people say it is. The show's overall tone, especially the first four story arcs, is more or less the same as Alien Force and Ultimate Alien. Gwen and Kevin's departure from the main cast was actually quite refreshing. It made their occasional appearances later on that much better. As for Julie's absence, I say good riddance. She was the flattest character ever. Also, it's worth noting that Omniverse is best watched in production code order.
      • Favorite Character: Ben as Rath (did you really expect anyone else at this point?)
      • Favorite Episode: And Then There Were None/And Then There Was Ben
  • The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
    • Billy is an idiot, Mandy hates everyone/everything, and Grim has to deal with both of them 24/7.  I have to say, though, it's strangely easy to relate to Mandy.
      • Favorite Character: Mandy
      • Favorite Episode: Billy & Mandy's Big Boogey Adventure
  • Regular Show
    • Very few episodes are grounded in reality.  Almost everything in Regular Show resembles a drug trip, and it totally works.  The humor style is more like an adult cartoon, but unlike adult cartoons, it's SFW.
      • Favorite Character: Eileen
  • Jackie Chan Adventures
    • A fantastic cartoon I watched when I was a kid.  I watched it again as an adult, and I appreciate it even more.  Just make sure you get the episode order right.  Some episodes aired out of order, and every collection I've seen has it in broadcast order.  Each season follows its own plot.  Season 5 isn't so good, but its ending is pretty decent.
    • Favorite Character: Uncle
  • Xiaolin Showdown
    • I also watched this as a kid, but I never really saw most of the episodes until I watched it in its entirety as an adult.  It's got fun and memorable characters.  While it has superficial similarities to The Last Airbender, the show's main focus is on the ancient artifacts with mystical powers called 'Shen Gong Wu', making it quite different in the end.
    • Favorite Character: Jack
  • The Fairly OddParents
    • A very good classic.  Don't expect any clever problem-solving, though, as 90% of the time Timmy just wishes everything "back to normal" at the end of the episode.  The general comedic tone changes in later seasons, too.  It kind of reflects the style of humor used in Butch Hartman's later work, T.U.F.F. Puppy.
    • Favorite Character: Cosmo and Wanda (I chose both because of their dynamic)
  • Codename: Kids Next Door
    • It really captures the feeling of being a kid in an adult's world.  I always felt like rising up against the adults, but I was too well-behaved. :P
    • Favorite Character: Kuki (Numbuh 3)
  • Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    • A very goofy cartoon, with lots of shenanigans.  Most of them are Bloo's fault  Despite being a non-plot-driven show, it has the unusual distinction of having a 22-minute runtime for all its episodes, allowing for more elaborate scenarios.
    • Favorite Character: Frankie
  • Samurai Jack
    • The visuals are absolutely stunning.  A shining example is the episode where he fights a ninja in a tower as the sun sets. Season 5 was a later revival to finish the story.
    • Favorite Character: Aku
  • My Gym Partner's a Monkey
    • It's okay. I wasn't really into it at first, but after a while the characters grew on me. Tom Kenny did an excellent job as always, which helped. Toward the end it starts to get a bit self-aware, with characters breaking the fourth wall more often than usual.
      • Favorite Character: Lupe
      • Favorite Episode: A Whole Zoo World
  • Dexter's Laboratory
    • It's very slapsticky, which serves its 7-minute segment format very well.
    • Favorite Character: Dee Dee
  • The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
    • Season 1 is the best one. It gets a little tired after that, which is surprising considering how much potential the show had. You can see J.G. Quintel's influence a lot, especially with some of the character designs.
      • Favorite Character: Bubbie
      • Favorite Episode: Love Bugs
  • ChalkZone
    • A show that's very imaginative, and the visual style used for the chalk drawings is perfect.  The target demographic is probably a bit lower than most cartoons on my list, but I liked it anyways.  Almost every episode has a music video at the end, depicting the characters in random situations and such.  Rudy always has very clever solutions, which makes it very entertaining.
    • Favorite Character: Penny
  • Chowder
    • Its theme song and outro puppet sequences would give the impression that this show is for young children, but its actual content has about the same target demographic as many other shows from Cartoon Network at the time.  There are some REALLY good jokes in it from time to time, too.
    • Favorite Character: Shnitzel
  • Evil Con Carne
    • It had potential to be as good as Billy & Mandy, but its run was unfortunately cut short.  Also, its absence from rerelease in any format (DVD, iTunes, etc.) ensures that any copy you find of it is a crappy recording from its original broadcast.
    • Favorite Character: Doctor Major Ghastly
  • Ed, Edd n Eddy
    • The animation style is a bit off-putting at first, and all the characters are seemingly designed to be as ugly as possible.  But it kinda grows on you.
    • Favorite Character: Edd (Double D)
  • SpongeBob SquarePants
    • Some say that only the first 3 seasons and the first movie are worth watching.  But if you keep your mind open, you'll probably enjoy the later seasons, too, as long as you know what to expect.  As for myself, I never watched it as a kid, so I had no nostalgia to fight against.
    • Favorite Character: Sandy
  • Invader Zim
    • I loved its twisted sense of humor.  Apparently they're bringing it back for a TV movie, so I guess we'll see how that turns out.
    • Favorite Character: Gaz
  • Johnny Bravo
    • It was all right.  I really enjoyed seasons 2 and 3, but not as much with seasons 1 and 4.
    • Favorite Character: Carl

Honorable Mentions:

Spoiler

• Over the Garden Wall
    • This isn't officially on my list because it's a miniseries, but rest assured that I loved it.  It's great to watch all 10 episodes in a row as sort of a collective movie, especially on Halloween.
    • Favorite Character: Beatrice

Cartoons that I plan to watch**:

Spoiler

• Hilda
    • This one's already downloaded and waiting for me to finish Dreamworks Dragons. I'm gonna be honest, this one's on my list because the main character looks so adorable, I think I might protect her with my life. I'm so excited to watch it, I'm already excited about the fact it was renewed for a second season, despite not having seen the first!
  • Big City Greens
    • Lots of talent working on this one.  I only know that it exists because it was mentioned on the Wikipedia page for Billy Dilley.  I can't wait to see how it turns out!
  • Fish Hooks
    • It had a lot of talented people that worked on it during its run, including Alex Hirsch (Gravity Falls), Maxwell Atoms (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Evil Con Carne), C.H. Greenblatt (Chowder, Harvey Beaks), and Tom Warburton (Codename: Kids Next Door).
  • Elf Detective
    • This is most likely in the distant future, but Butch Hartman has been raving about his new cartoon idea, Elf Detective. Since he's no longer at Nickelodeon, he's expressed interest in releasing it on Netflix or some other online platform. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Cartoons I might watch if enough people recommend them:

Spoiler

• Teen Titans
    • It's been recommended to me very strongly on a number of occasions. It looks very cool, but I'm just not into DC at all.
  • Steven Universe
    • It's been recommended to me a lot, but also panned because of its poor episode progression and airing schedule. I can always wait until it ends to binge it.
  • Ben 10 (2017 Reboot)
    • It has a less-than-favorable reputation, but I liked Omniverse, so anything's possible.

Cartoons on hold:

Spoiler

• Johnny Test
    • Has a cool premise, but it's incomplete no matter where I search.  Season 6 is especially absent.
  • Mighty Magiswords
    • I've heard about it many times, and it looks cool, but the format is confusing and there isn't currently anyone on Kametsu uploading it reliably.

Cartoons that I stopped watching due to a lack of interest:

Spoiler

• Courage the Cowardly Dog
    • Season 1 was good, but from season 2 onward, it seems as though Courage's voice actor quit or died or something, because they just reused his old voice clips.  I couldn't get into it anymore, and I quit somewhere in season 3.  I might pick it back up again, though.
  • ¡Mucha Lucha!
    • I remember loving it as a kid, but now it just doesn't do it for me.  I quit after 3 episodes.  I am not likely to pick it back up again, but may change my mind if desperate enough for something to watch.

Cartoons that are objectively bad:

Spoiler

• The Powerpuff Girls (2016 Reboot)
    • I gave it a chance for about half a season, but I concluded, much like many others did, that it's just not the same as the original.  If it's any consolation, the extended theme song's animation style is amazing.
  • Xiaolin Chronicles
    • I couldn't get past episode 4.  (I actually contemplated quitting after episode 1, but I gave it a chance like I usually do.)  Most of the voice actors were replaced (The problem with that is, NO ONE could ever replace Tom Kenny or Grey DeLisle), they added a character who's basically a "mini Omi" (what a cop-out), and they totally ruined the villains, turning them into superficial do-badders.  Not to mention the cringy 3D animation used during showdowns.

*List is in approximate order of favorite (top) to least favorite (bottom)

**List is in the approximate order that I plan to watch them in

Bold: Still getting new episodes

Italic: Uncertain future

Underline: Has not yet premiered

Edited by avalpsychicguy
  • Like 2

The Amazing World of Gumball is one of the best shows I have ever watched it is better than pretty much every show on that list. I recommend watching it because it is incredibly funny and the animation looks amazing.

start watching season 1 and if you don't like it try watching season 2 since that was when the show changed a little bit.

15 minutes ago, nifwji said:

The Amazing World of Gumball is one of the best shows I have ever watched it is better than pretty much every show on that list. I recommend watching it because it is incredibly funny and the animation looks amazing.

start watching season 1 and if you don't like it try watching season 2 since that was when the show changed a little bit.

I've heard that show's name a few times before... sounds like I'll have to give it a shot.  I'm pretty open-minded, so almost every cartoon I start, I end up liking.

Just curious though, is it plot-driven in any way, or is it more of a directionless "daily shenanigans" kind of cartoon, or maybe a mix of both?  I like any of those, but it'd be nice to know which one of those it is before jumping in.

each episode is it's own story. i don't know how to describe it. it is best to just watch a few episodes to see what to expect.

here are high quality downloads for all the episodes.

https://mega.nz/#F!BpFmXapR!2LnQCOfpqSbRkN2M4WRuqQ (Season 1 and 2)
https://mega.nz/#F!1hEjiaYZ!ev4pm7CabkFerA4eE__o1w (Season 3 and 4 & 5)
https://mega.nz/#F!wgkQHJpL!7gfZPnr_k7hzCuI5DjvIVA (official comics)

note: i'd recommend the episodes the origins part 1 and 2 from season 4. as they are two of my favourite episodes of the show.

Edited by nifwji
  • Like 1

Bob's Burgers

Harvey Beaks*

Over the Garden Wall

Penguins of Madagascar 

Samurai Jack

Steven Universe

We Bare Bears*

Those are some Shows that I like

-----------------------------------------------------------

2 adult cartoons that I enjoyed

Bojack Horseman

Rick and Morty

* are the ones i added later on

Edited by momo0135

9 hours ago, momo0135 said:

Bob's Burgers

Harvey Beaks*

Over the Garden Wall

Penguins of Madagascar 

Samurai Jack

Steven Universe

We Bare Bears*

Those are some Shows that I like

-----------------------------------------------------------

2 adult cartoons that I enjoyed

Bojack Horseman

Rick and Morty

* are the ones i added later on

a)  I thought Bob's Burgers was an adult cartoon.  Am I sorely mistaken?  If I am, maybe I'll watch it.

b)  Never heard of Harvey Beaks or Over the Garden Wall.  What are they about?

c)  I'm seriously considering Samurai Jack.  I've heard a lot of good things about it.

3 hours ago, Ewerton said:

If I were you, I would try some of these:

- American Dad

- Family Guy

- Futurama

- Teen Titans (not the new version)

- Xiaolin Showdown

Well, hope you like it.

a)  Please, no adult cartoons.  Like I already said, I watch/have watched a handful (One of which WAS Futurama), but they're not my main interest.

b)  I've heard so many things about Teen Titans.  I'm not much of a DC fan (I'm more into Marvel), but maybe I'll give it a try.

c)  Oh man, I remember Xiaolin Showdown!  I totally forgot about that.  I never really saw every episode when I was a kid, though, or else I would have remembered to include it on my list.  Now I have GOT to go watch that.

Thanks for the recommendations!  I can't wait to hear more from other fellow cartoon fans.

Edited by avalpsychicguy

I just realised clarence hasn't been recommended to you yet. clarence is an amazing slice of life comedy. I really recommend it. you should easily be able to find a mega link on this forum. I won't be posting it here since this is a public part of the forum and I am not sure if the guy would like me putting it up here without first copying it into my own account since it could be taken down and such.

also you should really watch my little pony friendship is magic. it is an amazing show that was so good it managed to get one of the largest fanbases of all time. which is impressive since over 90% of the people who watched it thought that it would suck before they saw it. but once they did they realised it was amazing.

you can find all the episodes in 1080p over on https://yp1.yayponies.no/videos/episodes.php

for season 1 & 2 get the Itunes AU episodes

and for season 3 onwards get the Itunes US episodes.

there was a mistake with the first two seasons in america that caused the colours to be off. but it wasn't a problem in australia.

Edited by nifwji

11 hours ago, nifwji said:

I just realised clarence hasn't been recommended to you yet. clarence is an amazing slice of life comedy. I really recommend it. you should easily be able to find a mega link on this forum. I won't be posting it here since this is a public part of the forum and I am not sure if the guy would like me putting it up here without first copying it into my own account since it could be taken down and such.

also you should really watch my little pony friendship is magic. it is an amazing show that was so good it managed to get one of the largest fanbases of all time. which is impressive since over 90% of the people who watched it thought that it would suck before they saw it. but once they did they realised it was amazing.

you can find all the episodes in 1080p over on https://yp1.yayponies.no/videos/episodes.php

for season 1 & 2 get the Itunes AU episodes

and for season 3 onwards get the Itunes US episodes.

there was a mistake with the first two seasons in america that caused the colours to be off. but it wasn't a problem in australia.

"Clarence", huh?  I'll keep that one in mind. :)

Not so sure I wanna jump into the "Brony" boat.  Not yet, at least.  I'll have to give that one some thought.  Thanks for letting me know, though!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2016 at 1:55 AM, momo0135 said:

Over the Garden Wall

Watched this on Halloween!  It's quite a piece of art.  I loved it. ^_^

On 10/12/2016 at 8:18 PM, nifwji said:

The Amazing World of Gumball

I started watching it, and I finished Season 1 within a few days!  (Which is impressive, considering how busy I am these days.)  I'm now a handful of episodes into Season 2.  This is a good one, thanks for the suggestion! :)

On 10/14/2016 at 1:55 AM, momo0135 said:

Samurai Jack

I loved it!  I can't wait for its return next year.

On 10/14/2016 at 8:19 AM, Ewerton said:

- Xiaolin Showdown

Finally got around to watching this.  Good stuff!  Quick question: Do you recommend its sequel series, Xiaolin Chronicles?  I can't seem to find any info on its critical reception.

On 22/12/2016 at 1:15 AM, avalpsychicguy said:

I loved it!  I can't wait for its return next year.

Finally got around to watching this.  Good stuff!  Quick question: Do you recommend its sequel series, Xiaolin Chronicles?  I can't seem to find any info on its critical reception.

Glad you liked some of my recommendations 

Some more cartoons to watch:

Sym Bionic Titan

Ed, Edd n Eddy

I've heard good things about : The Loud House

On 12/22/2016 at 3:14 AM, miggydb said:

Rocket power definitely! 

What kind of cartoon is it?  It sounds cool, but I've honestly never heard of it.

On 12/24/2016 at 6:35 PM, lanzev said:

Courage the Cowardly Dog's one of the smartest ones I've watched. Also try The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Now I'm intrigued.  Those are both going on my mental queue!

On 12/27/2016 at 3:12 PM, momo0135 said:

Glad you liked some of my recommendations 

Some more cartoons to watch:

Sym Bionic Titan

Ed, Edd n Eddy

I've heard good things about : The Loud House

Thanks for the additional suggestions!  I've also heard good things about The Loud House, so I think I'll give that a look.

On 12/27/2016 at 7:24 PM, dimsim3478 said:

Highly recommend Star vs. the Forces of Evil. Not perfect but an absolute blast to watch. Picks up in the second season.

Please read my list in the first post before recommending a cartoon!  Star is actually one of my top 3 favorite cartoons of all time. ^_^  Thanks, though, for thinking of it.  Hmm, that actually gives me an idea... I'll be editing the first post later to incorporate this idea of mine.

Edited by avalpsychicguy

9 minutes ago, avalpsychicguy said:

Star is actually one of my top 3 favorite cartoons of all time.

I really enjoyed the first 4-5 episodes but it got bland afterwards, the only thing good about the rest of the first season were the episodes about Ludo.

And I really enjoyed some of the "adult" humour they threw in there sometimes (most of which happened in the first few episodes).

Is the second season any good? should I give it another go?

13 hours ago, momo0135 said:

Is the second season any good? should I give it another go?

Well, I thought the whole show was really good all the way through the first season, so there's probably a difference in taste here.  I don't know how far you watched, but the final episode of Season 1 is really intense and plot-heavy, and definitely worth it.  Season 2 furthers the overarching plot a little faster than Season 1, I think, and you get quite a bit more character development from Ludo.  Buff Frog gets a couple solo episodes, too, which is cool.  And the latest episode, S02E14, was too crazy for words... so many things changed all at once.  And I definitely feel like they're building up to SOMETHING, slowly but surely.

TL;DR, the plot picks up a little in the second season, and while I definitely recommend you give it a second try, it's all a matter of taste, so I won't blame you if you decide to quit again.

27 minutes ago, avalpsychicguy said:

Well, I thought the whole show was really good all the way through the first season, so there's probably a difference in taste here.  I don't know how far you watched, but the final episode of Season 1 is really intense and plot-heavy, and definitely worth it.  Season 2 furthers the overarching plot a little faster than Season 1, I think, and you get quite a bit more character development from Ludo.  Buff Frog gets a couple solo episodes, too, which is cool.  And the latest episode, S02E14, was too crazy for words... so many things changed all at once.  And I definitely feel like they're building up to SOMETHING, slowly but surely.

TL;DR, the plot picks up a little in the second season, and while I definitely recommend you give it a second try, it's all a matter of taste, so I won't blame you if you decide to quit again.

Thanks for answering, maybe I'll give it another go in a month or two. PS Iwatched the whole first season