The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Arvo

LoZ is one of the gaming series that everyone loves and will never get tired of. Everyone raves about OoT which is hands down the best Nintendo Game out there and a top notch competitor for other consoles. I would recommend playthrough of some of the older Zelda titles such as seasons, link to the past, the original zelda. True Gaming Gems

How can the old touch be lost. Its the same game. Just with 3D graphics. The game is already made, its already a classic. How can they focus less on a completed game :confuse: lol. This is Nintendo your talking about. They never do foul on any of their primary franchises. Never. I cannot think of a bad example of a Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid or other games they make. Granted some of the are dodgy mini-game compilations to fill in the gaps between major releases, but every single major releases has been of the highest quality.

Nintendo has always managed to make great Zelda titles (most of the time) but that's when they get the proper hardware. They didn't do such great job in Zelda : Phantom Hourglass, as the 3D effects actually deterred me from the good plot.

Gotta agree though, Ocarina is a classic and I still dust my N64 to play that and also Majora's Mask.

Easily my favourite of the series, very deserving of that spot too, but the other's are all very enjoyable too. It's probably my favourite since it was my first Zelda game I played way back as a kid, now I play it every once in awhile via some format, be it my N64, Wii or 3DS.

I never was able to play MM. It required the graphics booster thingy in the N64, and mine didn't have that. I couldn't ever find one either. I have recently downloaded it on an emulator, but to be perfectly honest, it's not nearly as good as OOT.

Wind Waker was decent. I hated the graphics, and that stupid boat. But overall, not a terrible game.

Twilight princess was good. Excelent graphics quality, all of the puzzle solving goodness we expect in a Zelda Game. Yes they're easy puzzles if you pay attention, but they're good. Combat I also loved, in previous games you had only a few combos. In this, TP was amazing.

OOT however has been my favorite in the 3D style.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never played any Zelda game on my N64. I have played OoT and MM on my GameCube though, and quite enjoyed myself. I have not played TP, but hope to do so not too long from now. I have played WW once, and never picked it up again. But what I really want is to play the newer ones, but to my dismay they are all on the Wii, and I don't have one.lol. And my feelings about Nintendo putting it on the 3DS is putting it on the 3DS kinda ruins what we all felt on the consoles.

Ocarina of time is amazing, we can all agree on that. Purchased myself a 3ds purely to play OoT again, still patiently waiting for the remake of Majoras Mask as well. As other posters have mentioned, Master Quest is a lot of fun and I do recommend to anyone who has a 3ds but doesnt own OoT yet. 

While Ocarina of Time is the one that revolutionized Zelda, I still always seem to prefer playing Majora's Mask. MM pulls you in more emotionally as you get to know the side characters in their last days alive. Not to mention an amazing soundtrack which has quite possibly my favorite song in a LoZ game.

Edited by Drew

• 3 weeks later...