Jump to content
Pollux

[SOLVED] New WD 4TB My Book has filesystem errors?

Recommended Posts

I just got a new Western Digital 4 Terabyte My Book External Desktop Drive, did a filesystem scan and got this:

e4aa00eb11.png

 

Help?

 

Fix Filesystem or Reformat?

Edited by Pollux
More info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JohnFlower said:

Do what it says, but use /f. If that fails, use testdisk to re-write the partition table.

I did and got this:
 

CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the
master file table (MFT) bitmap.

Windows has made corrections to the file system.
No further action is required.

 

Ran chkdsk /f again and it found no problems.

 

Edited by Pollux
More info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to clarify did you just run the command as is from command prompt?

chkdsk /f

as the above command will do it from your root drive.

You will need to specify the drive letter for your external drive

chkdsk D: /f

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Cesario said:

Just to clarify did you just run the command as is from command prompt?


chkdsk /f

as the above command will do it from your root drive.

You will need to specify the drive letter for your external drive


chkdsk D: /f

 

Already fixed it.

Thanks for chiming in though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Similar Content

    • By DRX
      Hi guys, 
       
      I was just wondering what many of you do to test a hard-drives integrity before storing important data on it that you newly bought? Since there are many drives that fail within the first couple of months. 
    • By DRX
      Which HDD's do you recommend? WD OR Seagate or other HDD manufacturers? 3.5 inch or 2.5 inch? And what size?
    • By Pollux
      I need a good External HDD Enclosure for 3.5 inch Sata drives. Any Suggestions?
    • By professa X
      Ok so maybe this probably a really expensive idea but:

      What if i installed my os on an ssd

      My programs and apps on another ssd and documents

      And used an hdd for downloads and media (things that require a large space)

      Now supposed i have a virus in my system. Will it affect all three hardrives or only the first one.

      If it only is the first one. Then could i reformat the firat (in the case of a bad virus) and just leave other two alone?

      Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
    • By Moodkiller
      Im looking to remove the tags \an* and \pos(*.*,*.*) where * = any number, from a subtitle script. Aegisub has an automation function with a "Strip tags" option...
      This removes everything within the curly brackets { } for a select line, so I thought it would easy enough to modify this and get it remove the before mentioned tags.
       
      Here is the original code (for striping all the tags):
       
      local tr = aegisub.gettextscript_name = tr"Strip tags"script_description = tr"Remove all override tags from selected lines"script_author = "Thomas Goyne"script_version = "1"function strip_tags(subs, sel)    for _, i in ipairs(sel) do        local line = subs[i]        line.text = line.text:gsub("{[^}]+}", "")        subs[i] = line    end    aegisub.set_undo_point(tr"strip tags")endaegisub.register_macro(script_name, script_description, strip_tags) Im pretty sure the line
      line.text = line.text:gsub("{[^}]+}", "") is the one that needs to be modified. I tried replacing it with this for now
      line.text = line.text:gsub("\an5", "") Note: I used 5 as I dont know if wildcards are supported (Im sure they are) and becuase the actual tag I want removed is \an5.
       
      Unfortunately this doesn't work. The line stays unmodified after using the script through Aegisub. I haven't attempted removing \pos() yet
       

      Solution:
       
      Source
×