Pollux

[SOLVED] New WD 4TB My Book has filesystem errors?

I just got a new Western Digital 4 Terabyte My Book External Desktop Drive, did a filesystem scan and got this:

e4aa00eb11.png

Help?

Fix Filesystem or Reformat?

Edited by Pollux
More info.

6 minutes ago, JohnFlower said:

Do what it says, but use /f. If that fails, use testdisk to re-write the partition table.

I did and got this:

CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the
master file table (MFT) bitmap.

Windows has made corrections to the file system.
No further action is required.

Ran chkdsk /f again and it found no problems.

Edited by Pollux
More info.

Just to clarify did you just run the command as is from command prompt?

chkdsk /f

as the above command will do it from your root drive.

You will need to specify the drive letter for your external drive

chkdsk D: /f

21 minutes ago, Cesario said:

Just to clarify did you just run the command as is from command prompt?

chkdsk /f

as the above command will do it from your root drive.

You will need to specify the drive letter for your external drive

chkdsk D: /f

Already fixed it.

Thanks for chiming in though.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DRX
      Hi guys, 

I was just wondering what many of you do to test a hard-drives integrity before storing important data on it that you newly bought? Since there are many drives that fail within the first couple of months. 
    • By DRX
      Which HDD's do you recommend? WD OR Seagate or other HDD manufacturers? 3.5 inch or 2.5 inch? And what size?
    • By Pollux
      I need a good External HDD Enclosure for 3.5 inch Sata drives. Any Suggestions?
    • By professa X
      Ok so maybe this probably a really expensive idea but:

What if i installed my os on an ssd

My programs and apps on another ssd and documents

And used an hdd for downloads and media (things that require a large space)

Now supposed i have a virus in my system. Will it affect all three hardrives or only the first one.

If it only is the first one. Then could i reformat the firat (in the case of a bad virus) and just leave other two alone?

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
    • By Moodkiller
      Im looking to remove the tags \an* and \pos(*.*,*.*) where * = any number, from a subtitle script. Aegisub has an automation function with a "Strip tags" option...
      This removes everything within the curly brackets { } for a select line, so I thought it would easy enough to modify this and get it remove the before mentioned tags.

Here is the original code (for striping all the tags):

local tr = aegisub.gettextscript_name = tr"Strip tags"script_description = tr"Remove all override tags from selected lines"script_author = "Thomas Goyne"script_version = "1"function strip_tags(subs, sel)    for _, i in ipairs(sel) do        local line = subs[i]        line.text = line.text:gsub("{[^}]+}", "")        subs[i] = line    end    aegisub.set_undo_point(tr"strip tags")endaegisub.register_macro(script_name, script_description, strip_tags) Im pretty sure the line
      line.text = line.text:gsub("{[^}]+}", "") is the one that needs to be modified. I tried replacing it with this for now
      line.text = line.text:gsub("\an5", "") Note: I used 5 as I dont know if wildcards are supported (Im sure they are) and becuase the actual tag I want removed is \an5.

Unfortunately this doesn't work. The line stays unmodified after using the script through Aegisub. I haven't attempted removing \pos() yet

Solution:

Source