Site Maintenance - June 30th Read more... ×
Catar

The CTR Index - Your new home for GLORIOUS bloated best quality dual-audio releases!

15 minutes ago, Catar said:

well merry christmas. it took a long time to wrap it sorry.

Well it was actually my fault for being absent most of the year and not keeping up with releases n' stuff xD Although now I got the same Christmas present two years in a row...

• Like 1

On 1/14/2017 at 8:35 AM, Catar said:

~RELEASE: Durarara!!~ (as Kametsu)

redoing the entire Durarara series for Kametsu as an official project. expect all of x2 over the next few days.

enjoy.

Downloaded season 2 as kametsu release. Your season 1 release, is on the xdcc though i found no post for it. You mentioned there were sub issues. Are they still there?

6 hours ago, _Akshay_ said:

Downloaded season 2 as kametsu release. Your season 1 release, is on the xdcc though i found no post for it. You mentioned there were sub issues. Are they still there?

There are minor issues on every release, Kametsu and non. Most problems are to do with either the subtitle track (some overlapping subs, minor timing/bleeding, etc) or missing subtitles for Russian dialogue. The main difference between the CTR versions of each arc is some dubmatching and nameswapping (e.g. all the character names in the OP are swapped to Western order, to match how they're spoken and how they're listed in the official OP2).

It has never been officially released due to these issues, but you're welcome to grab it off XDCC.

1 hour ago, Catar said:

There are minor issues on every release, Kametsu and non. Most problems are to do with either the subtitle track (some overlapping subs, minor timing/bleeding, etc) or missing subtitles for Russian dialogue. The main difference between the CTR versions of each arc is some dubmatching and nameswapping (e.g. all the character names in the OP are swapped to Western order, to match how they're spoken and how they're listed in the official OP2).

It has never been officially released due to these issues, but you're welcome to grab it off XDCC.

Let me rephrase my question. Is there currently a better release?

If not will you be re-releasing the later?

I'm assuming season 2 has no problems as that has been officially released.

53 minutes ago, _Akshay_ said:

Let me rephrase my question. Is there currently a better release?

If not will you be re-releasing the later?

I'm assuming season 2 has no problems as that has been officially released.

The original Kametsu season 2 set has missing Russian dialogue, which was why I was working on a revamp set. 

I have no plans to do an updated release at this time. However, if you watch dubbed, the CTR version on XDCC should be pretty much perfect. The subtitled half probably still has issues.

Edited by Catar

Just now, Catar said:

The original Kametsu season 2 set has missing Russian dialogue, which was why I was working on a revamp set. 

I have no plans to do an updated release at this time. However, if you watch dubbed, the CTR version on XDCC should be pretty much perfect. The subtitled half probably still has issues.

Alright, season 1 is also released (CTR) on the xdcc. Is that the best possible one at the moment?

Just now, _Akshay_ said:

Alright, season 1 is also released (CTR) on the xdcc. Is that the best possible one at the moment?

Here, I just dove into my old PMs to find the notes on Durarara from when we were working on it. These are the improvements I was working on.

Season 1

VIDEO: Kuroi-Raws

AUDIO: Kuroi-Raws (they included the English dub, so all-in-one)

SUBS: Coalgirls  (AnCo² Script, gg/Ecliptic-BSS/Commie TS, modified)

CTR edits: restored Russian dialogue to episodes 13 and 24, plus a couple minor typo edits. This one I made forever ago so I don't have my exact notes on the edits, sorry. lost them to NAScrash. Should be essentially unmodified though.

Season 2

Shou

VIDEO: Kaizen

AUDIO: Kametsu

SUBS: Vivid (sourced from Kaizen, looked virtually identical to Kametsu/Glue, saved on retiming). Includes Kaizen's KFX for OP/ED.

CTR edits: Flipped names in all signs to Western order to match S01. Restored Russian dialogue to episode 12. Merged Kametsu's ED styling for the OVA over Kaizen, who appears to have used USS. 

Ten

VIDEO: Kametsu (Glue?)

AUDIO: Kametsu

SUBS: Kametsu (Glue?)

CTR edits: Restored Russian dialogue to episode 16 (ten ep4). Flipped name order to Western order in all signs, and changed "Tanaka Tomu" to "Tom Tanaka" to match official name source, as well as all other seasons. Restored some chat room signs in multiple episodes that were styled as "Default" with inline styling, which were missing from Kametsu's original release. Fixed some minor typos (mostly Ruru -> Ruri in some signs and subtitles). 

Ketsu

VIDEO: Beatrice-Raws

AUDIO: CTR

SUBS: Glue/zzz (OVA only)

CTR edits: Added the names to the OP for the main series, as taken from zzz. Flipped names to Western order in all signs. Added fiction disclaimer to the episodes that were missing it (1-4?). Fixed minor typos throughout. Fixed incorrect episode title in the Next Episode Preview on episode 31. 

POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS TO MAKE

Shou and Ten both have a typeset "Durarara!!" logo in the OP, while season 1 and Ketsu do not (they're also a bit more complex to make if you want it to match the kanji version). Up to you if you want to make one, I didn't think it was necessary.

Dialogue has honorifics in subs, dunno if you prefer that or not. Just making note of it.

The OVA signs from Shou (ep4.5) are kinda weak, looks like pretty basic stuff from USS. It's better than nothing (Kametsu's version), but could do with better typesetting I suppose.

Shou still has the attachments from the Kaizen release (giant stack of arabic fonts). I forgot to remove them, sorry. 

Ten S02E17 has some unstyled chat room signs that could be improved; they're currently just overlays hanging out at the top of the screen instead.

• Thanks 1

meh back when i checked sub problems reported were extremely minor. mostly koby got tired and kinda said its ok i cant work on this anymore, and rightfully so i guess.

for S1 ctr and kametsu are same ( same crc)

for S2  if i recall 1 is same (same crc)  for 1 kametsu has newest mux by some days, for 1 ctr has  a much newer mux by some months.

i went with the newest thinking it might have most revised script since this was a collab.

i posted about it a while back around summer if you wanna search. 

Edited by sfaxt

10 hours ago, mikezilla2 said:

Patlabor 1080P Dual audio Bloat  Not happening ?

@Catar

calm down, you don't need to mention me in my own thread ._.

Anyway, I never picked up Patlabor, and I'm not taking on additional projects right now. Sorry. I'll add it to the sheet as an open request though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Catar said:

I'll add it to the sheet as an open request though.

Could you add Tanaka-kun is Always Listless to that sheet as well (it was also requested here)

thanks for all that yousei stuff you re hosting.

shamelessly grabbed tiger and bunny, even has pgs:P

1 minute ago, Invitation To Hades said:

Is there a definitive release of "Soul Eater" that you can recommend? I have the Coalgirls 720p release and was wondering if there was a definitive 1080p release you might know of? Cheers.

MAL Link

Unfortunately as far as I know there's no real definitive 1080p release. TCL and Cman might both be good, though I haven't really investigated it much. Kametsu had plans to do it at one point, but I think those fell through.

Just now, Catar said:

Unfortunately as far as I know there's no real definitive 1080p release. TCL and Cman might both be good, though I haven't really investigated it much. Kametsu had plans to do it at one point, but I think those fell through.

Ah okay, thank you very much for the quick reply.

There may be a future project under HTT last time I spoke to Baal about it, as for the current offerings in comparisons I did a while back Yousei 720p 8 bit looked the best notably TCL 1080p was completely off so don't grab that, Cman was okay still looked worse than Yousei even at the higher resolution imo and it has ordered chapters. Subs no real comment but on a quick look at ep1 I was modifying CGi subs instead of Cman.

• Like 2

its ok:P 

missing eri and miyuki though,

it's just not the true hentai way.