Catar

The CTR Index - Your new home for GLORIOUS bloated best quality dual-audio releases!

1 hour ago, Catar said:

no guarantees, but I've started the downloads and I'll look at it. Never heard of the show before.

Thanks, i look forward to seeing what you can do! 

On another note, hoping i'm not sounding too demanding with the requests, could you also take a shot at Macross Plus? It's by the same director as Bebop, has an absolutely glorious Blu Ray remaster, with timed subs and FLAC Audio in both English and Japanese already ripped, only problem with it is that episode 4 and just episode 4 has 2 english dubs . Due to licensing issues, the dub team coudn't use some sound effects and OSTs from the Japanese version in the dub, resulting in them having to re-use some from the previous episodes. Later, when the time for the Japanese Blu rays came, Bandai decided to get together the dub cast and re-dub only the 4th episode with all the original OSTs intack, but sadly they coudn't gather the whole cast, which resulted in a bit of a downgrade from the absolutely incredible original dub (Which had Bryan Cranston, of all people, play the MC), that for some reason wasn't included as a secondary dub track for episode 4, even though the first 3 episodes retain the original Manga Enternainment dub.

All that has resulted in nobody really putting together an ''Ultimate Release'' for the series, with BD video and both English dubs for episode 4 included, and if anyone can do it, i'm sure that would be you. Again, even if you decide not to take it up, thanks for all the amazing work you're doing in general, it's greatly, greatly appriciated.

Edited by NotFrost

im looking forward to  Twelve Kingdoms  encode been to lazy to watch it and i just seed it for upload data but i love your encodes so will give it a watch when it get released NVV9fqG.png

Amazing collection and Thanks for all this finally I can watch quality shows (even is the story is questionable :D) As someone mentioned above, if you do take requests, would you be so kind and surprise me/us with a good old Bodacious Space Pirates 1080p dub? All the torrents and links I could find here for 1080p ones are long dead.

Thanks in advance ^_^

13 minutes ago, IceMan45 said:

Amazing collection and Thanks for all this finally I can watch quality shows (even is the story is questionable :D) As someone mentioned above, if you do take requests, would you be so kind and surprise me/us with a good old Bodacious Space Pirates 1080p dub? All the torrents and links I could find here for 1080p ones are long dead.

Thanks in advance ^_^

screw it, looks easy enough. I found the show kind of boring but I'll look into sources.

The movie was done as an official Kametsu project, however, if you're interested in that. I wouldn't be redoing it.

edit: @IceMan45 after some looking around we've concluded that Shiro's 720p is actually going to be the best quality. However, I have the supplies to do 1080p anyway if you really want it. It'd be pretty placebo though. Coalgirls video most likely. let me know, it wouldn't be hard to put together.

Edited by Catar

58 minutes ago, Catar said:

screw it, looks easy enough. I found the show kind of boring but I'll look into sources.

The movie was done as an official Kametsu project, however, if you're interested in that. I wouldn't be redoing it.

edit: @IceMan45 after some looking around we've concluded that Shiro's 720p is actually going to be the best quality. However, I have the supplies to do 1080p anyway if you really want it. It'd be pretty placebo though. Coalgirls video most likely. let me know, it wouldn't be hard to put together.

@Catar Yup, I was looking for the series. If it isn't that big of a problem, I would like to ask for the 1080p, you know pixel fetish :D

Just now, IceMan45 said:

@Catar Yup, I was looking for the series. If it isn't that big of a problem, I would like to ask for the 1080p, you know pixel fetish :D

well, between that edit and this post, we looked at it on IRC and decided it was worth upgrading after all. I'll be releasing it using WhyNot's video, with added English audio and Shiro's revision of WhyNot's original subs.

720p and 1080p. Look for that tomorrow probably.

• Like 1

If you take requests, any chance you could take a stab at "Welcome to the NHK"? It's a fantastic but slightly underappreciated anime. It's a shame that there's no good versions out there to do it justice, the highest "quality" version is a poorly done almost 10 year old Exiled Destiny release.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nintendon't said:

If you take requests, any chance you could take a stab at "Welcome to the NHK"? It's a fantastic but slightly underappreciated anime. It's a shame that there's no good versions out there to do it justice, the highest "quality" version is a poorly done almost 10 year old Exiled Destiny release.

Someone else is already working on a quality dual-audio release of it, but if they stall out I may take a look at it. I did like that show.

3 minutes ago, Blitzepidemic said:

I have 2 requests, not sure though if either have releases up to your standards. Star Blazers  (all 3 series)(1970s) & Super Dimension Fortress Macross (1982).

Yamato 2199 never received a dub across all three, unless I'm mistaken, so that's already a no, sorry. edit: I'm blind ignore this.

For Macross, I'm glancing at it but I'm unsure if the dub is unedited for the JPN video? Someone want to chime in please, I'm very lacking in knowledge on older anime.

but anyway, while I look at these, @Blitzepidemic, for future requests, MAL links are preferred for less ambiguity, since IMDB isn't always the best at anime. AniDB also works.

Edited by Catar
  • Like 1

If I remember correctly 

wouldn't the dub for Macross technically be Robotech

which was highly edited if my understanding is right

because they edited things to string 3 different series in to one

and then proceeded to rip of the creators 

so there is no hope for a proper redub or any licensing of any macross sequel's ever

Edited by Pikanet128

5 hours ago, Pikanet128 said:

If I remember correctly 

wouldn't the dub for Macross technically be Robotech

which was highly edited if my understanding is right

because they edited things to string 3 different series in to one

and then proceeded to rip of the creators 

so there is no hope for a proper redub or any licensing of any macross sequel's ever

No, while Robotech takes its first season from Macross it is not a dub of that series. I have posted the Eng Dub of Macross here on Kametsu, it deserves a proper hi-quality Bluray release though.

Some questions about Your upcoming projects:

Haibane Renmei - Coalgirls with OC removed.

Based on what fch1993 have said (written), the BD has inferior quality compared to DVD. Have You checked philosophy-raws release?

Noein - waiting on english audio from Etzimal.

What video source? I was looking for good encode for this myself, but could only find ReinForce.

Twelve Kingdoms - improvement on Joseole99's release with lossless audio

"improvement" as in... ? Also, what video source?

7 minutes ago, Hark0n said:

Some questions about Your upcoming projects:

Haibane Renmei - Coalgirls with OC removed.

Based on what fch1993 have said (written), the BD has inferior quality compared to DVD. Have You checked philosophy-raws release?

Noein - waiting on english audio from Etzimal.

What video source? I was looking for good encode for this myself, but could only find ReinForce.

Twelve Kingdoms - improvement on Joseole99's release with lossless audio

"improvement" as in... ? Also, what video source?

Haibane: I have not, will definitely compare them. I wasn't exactly happy with Coalgirls video in this case. 

Noein: I believe I was going with Voss as the BD was pretty bad, but I'm still scouting all options. 

Twelve Kingdoms: joseole's video source (which he didn't actually know, it was not his encode however) looks best so far, though I am waiting on a 10bit from U2 to come in (source unknown, I can't read chinese). Beyond that, joseole only used lossy audio so I'd be upgrading that with FLAC from the USBD set, and possibly adding romaji to the ED at Koby's request. 

1 hour ago, Catar said:

Twelve Kingdoms: joseole's video source (which he didn't actually know, it was not his encode however) looks best so far, though I am waiting on a 10bit from U2 to come in (source unknown, I can't read chinese). Beyond that, joseole only used lossy audio so I'd be upgrading that with FLAC from the USBD set, and possibly adding romaji to the ED at Koby's request. 

I personally went with HQR, but can't remember the reasoning behind that (it was more than 2 years ago). There is also Kuroi-raws.

If I remember correctly, joseole cared about file size, so that release might not have the best video.