Catar

The CTR Index - Your new home for GLORIOUS bloated best quality dual-audio releases!

4 hours ago, Surlias said:

Yes, I specifically meant yan04000985 vs KR (via Dragon-Releases' remux) when I said I did a comparison. My preference is for the yan04000985 encode, it's tighter and cleaner and nicely detailed.

If you want to do a remux using yan04000985 to improve what's currently available then go for it. Upgrades are always welcome, and greatly appreciated. ^_^

Just now, Dragoncb234 said:

Sorry I looked at the eclipse and am thus blind now. @Catar

it's okay anime was gonna do that to you anyway

2 minutes ago, Dragoncb234 said:

I can update to a v2 and make patches if you can pm me a source for this "yan04000985" @ThePJzer/ @Surlias

https://share.dmhy.org/topics/view/368748_yan04000985_2007_Baccano!_2007_BDrip_1080p_10bit.html

I don't think it can be patched, since it's the entire video stream, reasonably high bit rate (CRF 16.5 mbtree=0 I believe)

I already remuxed it with your subs + PGS retail for full dialogue. Kept FLAC dual audio from yan's release, but yours matched up perfectly according to Audacity so no adjustment to subs timing.

However, the difference in video quality might be subjective here, so I'll let you come to your own conclusions and if you want to reissue an updated Dragon-Releases remux using the yan video, then I'll pass on uploading my remux.

• Like 2

yeh I mean a lot of times I miss out on obscure named releases on dmhy mostly cuz It is a pain to navigate. @Surlias Though I appreciate you bringing it to note I will be sure to check it out and reach a conclusion. I know most rips for Baccano are pretty lack-luster with what I was able to originally compare. But I am not perfect so sometimes releases will fly by me for source material. Feel free to PM me or just pin me on posts in the future. Since I always want my releases to be the best available quality even if it means patching/updating 500 times. Really the biggest thing for me was to properly time the subtitles. That project was line by line because coalgirls made a lot of cut mistakes and long lead times I disagreed with. That and spiced up the ED karaoke some. Plus to top that off any dual releases didn't have flac audio for both tracks except the 720p ones for w/e reason that I was able to find. 

• Like 2

yeh I mean a lot of times I miss out on obscure named releases on dmhy mostly cuz It is a pain to navigate. @Surlias Though I appreciate you bringing it to note I will be sure to check it out and reach a conclusion. I know most rips for Baccano are pretty lack-luster with what I was able to originally compare. But I am not perfect so sometimes releases will fly by me for source material. Feel free to PM me or just pin me on posts in the future. Since I always want my releases to be the best available quality even if it means patching/updating 500 times. Really the biggest thing for me was to properly time the subtitles. That project was line by line because coalgirls made a lot of cut mistakes and long lead times I disagreed with. That and spiced up the ED karaoke some. Plus to top that off any dual releases didn't have flac audio for both tracks except the 720p ones for w/e reason that I was able to find. 

Poke me or someone else with proper U2 access when you're raw hunting. The internal u2 tracker's interface is much better and usually has a wider selection as well. (and better seeding of course)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragoncb234 said:

Yeah it's a pretty good release overall, great 1080p video, high bit-rate and nicely filtered, best I've seen for my tastes, FLAC dual audio, and retail PGS subs. Combined with your enhanced styled subs and slightly different chapter timing (which I preferred over yan's) and I think it's archival.

• Like 1

true @Catar Granted I can't see a group name like yan04000985 hopping off the page at us to check lol.

10-bit encode with enough filesize that it's probably not bitstarved. I'd have grabbed the first episode if I were researching sources. I blacklist encoders, not whitelist. I'll grab anything until I see multiple encodes from the same group that are awful (see: YDDM11-FANS, moozzi2 and other filterers, other groups I can't be bothered to name.)

Don't always discount some groups either. sergey_krs often isn't great, but they definitely had the best Shirobako.

2 minutes ago, Dragoncb234 said:

@Surlias meanwhile I avoid PGS like the plague lol

Well sure, I prefer nicely styled 100%, but I usually like to include PGS as well if they're readily available, because why not?

4 minutes ago, Dragoncb234 said:

@Catar True and I still find myself giving 1 point to Mozzi2 on Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari since the BD is garbo and every other encode is garbo.

I'm not familiar with Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, but I just checked AB and there's a 720p encode by Raizel you might want to check out. I've seen nothing but excellence from them.

@Surlias It is on ANT but marked by myself in my "needs QC" section because it was prior to me adopting proper timing tactics etc. Which would be anything on my ANIDB page released before Free! Current plan is to re-do 1, new 1, repeat. 

17 minutes ago, Dragoncb234 said:

Since I always want my releases to be the best available quality even if it means patching/updating 500 times.

I'm sold. Where do you normally make your projects available at?