Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Catar

The CTR Index - Your new home for GLORIOUS bloated best quality dual-audio releases!

935 posts in this topic

back to top

RELEASE STANDARDS

  • VIDEO: All releases will be the best video source I can find that's available. 1080p 10bit x264 encodes will be preferred. If you spot a better video source at any time, let me know and I will be more than happy to transfer my work over. I define best by having sufficient bitrate for the video, fixing source artifacts/banding/aliasing when necessary, and just generally making the best version of the source material possible. Filters/warpsharp/other modifiers that significantly alter the source will be avoided. Absolutely never ordered chapters. (my rant about OC here)
  • AUDIO: 1080p releases will always include lossless FLAC audio for English and Japanese, at the highest channel count released. (ie: FLAC 5.1 when possible).
  • SIGNS: All releases will include a Signs track for English dub viewers. Signs will be edited to match dub voiceovers when necessary, or if the English version uses different naming/terminology.
  • SUBS: I will try to include multiple fansub options if necessary, but I will tend to prefer whichever seems most popular. I will also include the official .PGS subs when available.
  • LANGUAGE CODES: Tracks will be assigned languages based on the audio language you want to view in. Example: If you want Japanese audio, choose a Japanese subtitle track, as it will include dialogue. English dub watchers should watch an English dub track. If I include other languages (eg: German, French, etc), they should select a Signs track listed as their language.
  • MKV TRACKS: Tracks will be ordered assuming an English viewer. (English audio/Signs track first and set to default). All tracks will include my source in [Brackets]. If I change any content in the source (ie: actual edits, not just retiming) I will label the track as [Groupname Edit]. My edits will be recorded in full in my release posts.
  • FILE NAMING: All releases will be named according to rough scene structure (adapted for anime). Episodes will be numbered based on TheTVDB, for easy integration into media centers.

 

 

  • QUALITY GUARANTEE: I will try to keep mistakes to a minimum, however, I'm not perfect. I will, however, fix my mistakes, release patches, and entire new batches when appropriate. If you need any patches for previous versions, you can grab them here: MEGA
  • PROPER: PROPER release indicates a fix for a minor issue, such as mistimed audio/subtitles, missed dialogue lines in the Signs track, etc. The original release is still watchable, but may require minor adjustments by the viewer. I will include notes on these adjustments and/or patches to easily fix.
  • v2: If I release a v2, there were either significant issues with multiple episodes, OR I have decided to upgrade the release somehow (ie: including better audio, switching video sources, etc). V2s should always be downloaded over the original set. These will usually not include patches, since the patch will frequently be nearly as large as just downloading the whole episode again.
 
~The CTR Source Tracker!~
Video Sources   Audio Sources   Sub Sources  
Yousei-Raws 11 CTR 29 Commie 12
Beatrice-Raws 10 Etzimal 25 Coalgirls 11
SallySubs 6 Exiled-Destiny 3 SallySubs 6
philosophy-raws 5 philosophy-raws 3 gg 5
Coalgirls 4 Hark0n 2 FFF 4
FFF 4 BluDragon 1 Asenshi 3
lleur 2 Cartoon-World 1 OZC 3
ReinForce 2 OZC 1 Chihiro 2
FLsnow 2 Koten_Gars 1 Underwater 2
fussoir 2 Raizel 1 Cman21 2

Kametsu

2 Kuroi-Raws 1 Vivid 2

NP-Complete

2 Chyrka 1 Anime-Koi 2
AnimeNOW 2 Cman 1

Yellow-Flash

2
VCB-Studio 2 PanicPaintbrush 1 Moodkiller 2
Yellow-Flash 2 Ahiru 1 LateNightSnack 2
kuchikirukia 2     kdfss 1
Kagura-Raws 2     evilBean/Keep/ANBU 1
BlurayDesuYo 1     Rabbit-Force 1
WhyNot 1     TCL 1
Baal 1     UTW 1
Raizel 1     eraser 1
Zurako 1     FelineYogi 1
Shujinowski 1     Eveyuu 1
Glue 1     WhyNot 1
YYDM-11FANS 1     Etzimal 1
HQR 1     BlurayDesuYo 1
Salender-Raws 1     Elysium 1
Chyrka 1     Frostii 1
REVO 1     Translatorgasm 1
DmonHiro 1     KAA 1
Utsukushii-Raws 1     RG-AF 1
Etzimal 1     DamagedGoodz 1
Henshin 1     Kira 1
Commie 1     Hiryuu 1
HAIBANE-FANS 1     Watashi 1
Golo 1     GoodJob!Media 1
RUELL-Raws 1     voss 1
TCL 1     CBM 1
Mawaru 1     Ani-Kraze 1
Zero-Raws 1     Golo 1
sergey_krs 1     AnCo² 1
Elia-vT 1     Ecliptic-BSS 1
Mori 1     Dekinai

1

SCY 1     Tsundere 1
Winter 1     Cthuko 1
LateNightSnack 1     NP-Complete 1
        Doki 1
        Mazui 1
        Zorori-Project 1
        AnimeNOW 1
        Elia-vT 1
        Mori 1
        Baal 1
        ak 1
        redc4t 1
        TSR 1
        Ahiru 1
        Interrobang 1
        Jinsei 1
           
           
           
           
           
Are you on this list? Want a different color? Feel free to post here or PM me with anything you like! Colors only granted to anyone I've used more than once.
 
UPCOMING PROJECTS:

See this handy spreadsheet.

 

OTHER GREAT INDICES:

ShadyCrabMed.jpg.e5c5979f7e2f05094e73f37 ShadyCrab's Release Index - Very similar release style to my own, archive level quality in dual audio. If you don't see something you want here, check him out!

 

 

CcuImib.thumb.gif.184b35354bd392627351daa06e784413.gif deanzel's "Amazingly Fratty" Release Index - Now retired, but the man who started it all. Again, similar style, high quality dual audio releases. 

BONUS:

 

CTRBOX STATUS (last updated 2017-05-16):

Listed below are my releases currently not seeded by my box. I unfortunately have limited space on the CTRBox and cannot seed all of my releases in perpetuity (totals nearly 2TB for all files released so far). Any help seeding these would be hugely appreciated! If you need help getting the files for anything currently unseeded, please PM me and I'll see what I can do. (Please don't use this just to get the files from me; this is only for people looking to seed long-term and in public on Nyaa).

Currently NOT seeded on CTRBox
  • Everything's on there! yay!

Currently NOT seeded on CTRBox (and not really worth seeding)

  • Only Yesterday: Both 1080p (12.98GB) and 720p (3.31GB). Contains false lossless audio, grab Kametsu's official release instead. preserved here for my shame.

As I release anything else (rare but it happens), I will have to remove more releases from my box. I will remove releases in order of highest seedcount first, starting with Requests and moving onto official releases if I have to. As of this writing, the next release removed would be Gungrave (540p, 12.28GB), which currently has 14 seeds in the public swarm. 

 

 

 

there i made an index, just like the rest of you cool kids. going to play around with formatting and such down the line, lazy right now. 

questions/comments/hatemail below please, thanks.

 

-ctr

Edited by Catar
8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

back to top

Simplified Release List

Official CTR Releases

All 1080p Dual Audio unless otherwise noted. 720p usually offered. These can be considered my personal recommendations.

Completed Requests

Requests are usually up to standard but may lack in some areas. All Dual Audio unless otherwise noted.

Projects in Progress

Edited by Catar
6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

back to top

~REQUESTS~ CURRENTLY CLOSED - post it here anyway though, someone else might pick it up.

I do take requests for new releases. However, please keep in mind a couple things before requesting a show.

 

  • PLEASE check this spreadsheet before making a request. Your project may already be in progress.
  • I'm doing archive-level dual audio releases. If it doesn't have a dub, I will only release it if it's unlikely to get a dub in the future. Special cases only though. Examples: Shirobako, Monogatari series.
  • do not do encodes! This means that if there are no good video sources available, I can't really help you. Don't let this discourage you from making a request though; I have access to a wide range of sources and may be able to find releases you cannot.
  • I'm lazy. Please don't make me figure out what show you're requesting. Give me a link to it on MyAnimelist, ANN, AniDB, whatever. Just something to make it clear exactly what you're looking for.
  • I am not a relay for other groups. If you're looking for an existing release from another group, I suggest you post in the Requests board or try to locate it yourself.

 

If you have a request for a new project, simply post it in this thread! That way, even if I end up not taking it on, others will be able to hop in and take over, or at the very least suggest an alternative release. 

 

 

 

~DONATIONS~

preface: I really don't like asking for donations. This project is about making great anime releases, not about making money in any way. All money will go solely toward keeping these high speed hosts operating (which also helps with general distribution, as it greatly eases my ability to deploy early releases like Claymore/Monogatari, as well as deployment and transfer of seedboxes). 

CURRENT EXPENSES (all numbers in USD):

  • $10/m - Drive
  • $20/m - Hibiki & Miku seedboxes - 3TB total, unmetered bandwidth, 10GB line. 

CURRENT FUNDING: 

  • $0 =(

HOW TO DONATE:

  • BTC: 1BPmDa2CkDPnMo1YyP6Fc9f19HvvaTjCJn
  • If you have BTC via Coinbase, reach out to me by PM and we can arrange a faster method with lower transfer fees.
  • If you require an alternate method than BTC (or just don't trust BTC with how crazy it is of late), please PM me and we can figure something out.

IF YOU THINK DONATIONS ARE TERRIBLE AND I SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF MYSELF

that's cool. Don't worry about it. Just keep torrenting as normal. My releases will always come out on torrents if nothing else. It's the medium I always believed in the most anyway. 

 

you are all wonderful people.

 

Edited by Catar
8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Catar said:

 

Cross Ange will be a bit longer than my usual drops, since I actually have to do some editing on the Commie subs. They only finished their BD batch up to episode 9, so I have to pull improvements forward to the rest. I should be able to put out the first 9 fairly quickly though, once I find some real time. I have family visiting right now and lots of actual work, so I don't have much time for my Taiwanese animated comics. Soooooon.

im short on time mysellf

Share this post


Link to post

Added pretty logos. Anyone know if there's a way to get rid of the boxes around the logos though?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Catar said:

Added pretty logos. Anyone know if there's a way to get rid of the boxes around the logos though?

Yes they must be exactly the correct size

no scaling 

YzO0knt.pngYzO0knt.pngYzO0knt.png

vers

YzO0knt.pngDcTHxPe.pngyANlJVj.png

 

 

mvG7WQ4.png2016/07/27 16:50 PST

here you go

http://imgur.com/a/MgGWV


3I3aiCF.png5204j8a.png
eTjOBEZ.pngctw2Wac.png

uOoYy23.pngc6BTyxj.png

 

you guys get spoiled by the scaling feature

there used to not be one

it used to be if your img was over 600 it was scaled to 600 and have a box then too i belive (the box was even uglyer and png's got BG;s while scaling if i remember correcly or was that C-W)

i dont use it for most things i make my various sizes and use those

pages load better too

and other places dont have a scailer (Nyaa)

 

mvG7WQ4.png2016/07/27 17:34 PST

made the ones your missing

ZXvIDa2.pngBJ5L3sm.png

mZM8WbZ.pngXhi7hgn.png

NUWWz10.pngtlP3XLi.png

this last one i put the too together quicky (not my best work)

oPE3BKk.pngdUB4cJ4.png

 

Edited by Pikanet128

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Pikanet128 said:

Yes they must be exactly the correct size

no scaling 

~snip~

Yeah, figured that out after. Thanks for all the extra logos though.

 

Feel like taking a crack at the English version of Cross Ange? =P My attempt ended up terrible.

 

03710554fcbcc2018e919f33395a50ba.png

Share this post


Link to post

figure I might as well post this here if anywhere: Thinking about picking up Spice and Wolf I & II, since Beatrice-Raws is releasing the second season very soon and the first is already up. Baal's release has lossy English audio and is 720p, although still great quality otherwise. No English 5.1 lossless anywhere that I can see.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Catar said:

figure I might as well post this here if anywhere: Thinking about picking up Spice and Wolf I & II, since Beatrice-Raws is releasing the second season very soon and the first is already up. Baal's release has lossy English audio and is 720p, although still great quality otherwise. No English 5.1 lossless anywhere that I can see.

Season 1 was a DVD upscale by FUNimation in the US and looked like shit. In Japan they remastered it, but it's still less than a 720p production.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Koby said:

Season 1 was a DVD upscale by FUNimation in the US. In Japan they remastered it, but it's still less than a 720p production.

True enough, although there's something about the colours in their release that just appeal to me. More of a harvest feel. I need to make proper comparisons to Baal as well.

 

These are all from someone on Nyaa, comparing vs Henshin's 1080p (seems to be the consensus best, based on nyaa comments and comments from Yousei-Raws as well, for however much you trust that)

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/178049

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/178039

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/178042

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/178038 - this last one, her eyes are much more orange than the usual red, but now that I glance at release posters like this it actually seems more accurate. Couldn't say for sure, not exactly familiar with source material here.

 

edit: from beatrice encoder vs various: 

http://diff.pics/CFxuM8aSBAXj/1

http://diff.pics/kqjKLhn0liJo/7

Edited by Catar
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Catar said:

True enough, although there's something about the colours in their release that just appeal to me. More of a harvest feel. I need to make proper comparisons to Baal as well.

 

These are all from someone on Nyaa, comparing vs Henshin's 1080p (seems to be the consensus best, based on nyaa comments and comments from Yousei-Raws as well, for however much you trust that)

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/178049

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/178039

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/178042

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/178038 - this last one, her eyes are much more orange than the usual red, but now that I glance at release posters like this it actually seems more accurate. Couldn't say for sure, not exactly familiar with source material here.

 

edit: from beatrice encoder vs various: 

http://diff.pics/CFxuM8aSBAXj/1

http://diff.pics/kqjKLhn0liJo/7

Holy shit Beatrice looks terrible in that first shot. lots of banding... They still fucked with the colors slightly compared to their source.

 

Henshin is definitely not best by any means. Henshin used the old inferior BD so they lost before they even began. The color differences are mostly due to the sources used. Henshin's colors look identical to their source. Beatrice looks very slightly different to their source.

 

I'd stick with Baals superior release.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Koby said:

Holy shit Beatrice looks terrible in that first shot. lots of banding...

 

Henshin is definitely not best by any means. Henshin used the old inferior BD so they lost before they even began.

 

I'd stick with Baals superior release.

hah, just realised what was wrong. My screen was calibrated incorrectly, had to reset it. Yeah, that doesn't actually look very good.

 

Baal's it is. Might still remux it with lossless audio anyway, since I'm already downloading it.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Catar said:

hah, just realised what was wrong. My screen was calibrated incorrectly, had to reset it. Yeah, that doesn't actually look very good.

 

Baal's it is. Might still remux it with lossless audio anyway, since I'm already downloading it.

Baal used same source as Beatrice anyhow so the coloring should be about the same. =)

Baal also spliced in the creditless opening and ending into the episodes. IDK if that's a plus or a minus for you though. But if you were doing a remux and planning to use his subs, then you'd need to adjust the ED subs because he's placed them where the credits would be.

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Koby said:

Baal used same source as Beatrice anyhow so the coloring should be about the same. =)

Baal also spliced in the creditless opening and ending into the episodes. IDK if that's a plus or a minus for you though. But if you were doing a remux and planning to use his subs, then you'd need to adjust the ED subs because he's placed them where the credits would be.

Eh, I don't mind if it's a creditless OP/ED. I'd generally prefer credits, since I think the creators deserve credit (even if I can't read it =P), but I'm always going to take a better encode over having credits or not. 

 

Of course, there's always the odd edge-case where the credits are actually interesting. Welcome to the NHK springs to mind, where the credits are part of the action, or Attack on Titan with the fun slice animation on English names.

 

I'll just be dropping in the lossless audio to replace his E-D AC3 audio. Probably won't bother putting it on a thread here unless someone really wants it.

Share this post


Link to post

Any particular reason You chose Coalgirls' video for Dennou Coil? Based on Your comments on Cross Ange post, there are some issues when dealing with OC. Have You considered using Yousei-raws as possible video source?

From what I can tell, the video quality is not inferior (arguably better) and no OC. The video also matches better to US release, making it easier to sync audio for it (based on episode 1). Only downside is larger size, but if You are splicing in OP and ED in Coalgirls' release, that will also increase the size, so the difference may not be that large.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Hark0n said:

Any particular reason You chose Coalgirls' video for Dennou Coil? Based on Your comments on Cross Ange post, there are some issues when dealing with OC. Have You considered using Yousei-raws as possible video source?

From what I can tell, the video quality is not inferior (arguably better) and no OC. The video also matches better to US release, making it easier to sync audio for it (based on episode 1). Only downside is larger size, but if You are splicing in OP and ED in Coalgirls' release, that will also increase the size, so the difference may not be that large.

 

I don't care about filesizes being larger (see my thread title). Only the end quality matters here. 

 

I originally chose Coalgirls as a request from Koby, but I'd be more than happy to look at other releases if it means less work for me =P. Sadly Yousei-Raws' release is not seeded on AB/NYAA/their own public trackers, so availability is pretty limited here. If you can spot their release somewhere, let me know. I've been impressed by their work lately, giving them a look for Dennou would be worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Catar said:

 

I don't care about filesizes being larger (see my thread title). Only the end quality matters here. 

 

I originally chose Coalgirls as a request from Koby, but I'd be more than happy to look at other releases if it means less work for me =P. Sadly Yousei-Raws' release is not seeded on AB/NYAA/their own public trackers, so availability is pretty limited here. If you can spot their release somewhere, let me know. I've been impressed by their work lately, giving them a look for Dennou would be worth it.

That is weird. I grabbed first episode from their torrent ~1 h before making my post. And speed was pretty good: 0.5-1 MB/s. I will see if I can download the whole thing, but it appears to fully seeded (only one seeder though). If that fails, I have alternative torrent in mind, but that did not preserve original file names, so I was hoping to avoid using that (I also don't know if it is seeded).

 

 

P.S. Since You have not done any release using untouched BD video as source (BD-Remux), I assumed You have some level of concern about file size. Also, You did not use Yousei-Raws for Log Horizon (I consider their video to be better than SallySubs, but that is probably personal preference).

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Hark0n said:

That is weird. I grabbed first episode from their torrent ~1 h before making my post. And speed was pretty good: 0.5-1 MB/s. I will see if I can download the whole thing, but it appears to fully seeded (only one seeder though). If that fails, I have alternative torrent in mind, but that did not preserve original file names, so I was hoping to avoid using that (I also don't know if it is seeded).

 

 

P.S. Since You have not done any release using untouched BD video as source (BD-Remux), I assumed You have some level of concern about file size. Also, You did not use Yousei-Raws for Log Horizon (I consider their video to be better than SallySubs, but that is probably personal preference).

Untouched BD can actually be worse than some encodes, assuming the encoder knows what they're doing. @Koby could probably explain this better than me, but depending on filters and encoding settings used they can actually end up with better results. In addition, the USBD is generally inferior, so since I'm merging back into JPBD I'd rather not go grab the entire disk if a suitable encode exists.

 

For Log Horizon, I used SallySubs as it was a continuation of a deanzel project, where he used SallySubs. In addition, that was one of my first projects and I really didn't know as much yet =P I'd never even heard of Yousei (or most others) at the time. No idea if it's better or worse.

 

For Yousei's Dennou-Coil, I'm on their torrent right now, but I got no peers/seeds returned. Mind pasting the tracker list from the torrent you got? (or just sending it to me by PM/link/whatev). 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Catar said:

Untouched BD can actually be worse than some encodes, assuming the encoder knows what they're doing. @Koby could probably explain this better than me, but depending on filters and encoding settings used they can actually end up with better results. In addition, the USBD is generally inferior, so since I'm merging back into JPBD I'd rather not go grab the entire disk if a suitable encode exists.

 

For Log Horizon, I used SallySubs as it was a continuation of a deanzel project, where he used SallySubs. In addition, that was one of my first projects and I really didn't know as much yet =P I'd never even heard of Yousei (or most others) at the time. No idea if it's better or worse.

 

For Yousei's Dennou-Coil, I'm on their torrent right now, but I got no peers/seeds returned. Mind pasting the tracker list from the torrent you got? (or just sending it to me by PM/link/whatev). 

SallySubs was also the only group to completely do LH on BD and they hardsubbed karaoke unfortunately. So any other raw utilized would require the person to either make karaoke from scratch or ignore the OP/ED. So it's just a lot more work.

 

As for Dennou Coil, Etzimal and I talked about Yousei, but he didn't want to do it. He opted for CGi with OC instead. :/ You'd still need to edit the subtitles of every episode to retime them and splice OP/ED back into them so that Coalgirls subtitles would work. Coalgirls was the only group to do subtitles for DC Blu-ray so other alternative would be to take HDTV release and retime, but then you'd lose OP/ED subs and all signs as the original release had all that hardsubbed and CGi had to recreate it. I'd be fine with Yousei video release though if someone was willing to retime the subtitles correctly so that they weren't off even just a little (dislike scene bleeds).

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now