Taboo Tattoo

Koby

TABOO TATTOO

4eA9J9s.jpg

MAL

Synopsis

Seigi, a martial arts trained middle schooler, often feels driven to protect the weaker people around him. One day, he defends a homeless man against some punks, and the man gives him a strange tattoo on his palm in return. The tattoo is a secret weapon produced in the arms race between America and the Serinistan Kingdom.

Seigi finds himself in over his head when a powerful girl, using the same secret weapon, violently pursues him in order to retrieve it. His skill at martial arts may not be enough to keep him alive, but will he be able to learn how to trigger the power of his tattoo in time?

• Like 1

So far so good. A lot of people on other communities seem to think this is generic as could be and has bad animation. I don't get where they're coming from. I couldn't really find any fault with the animation of the first episode. Didn't seem that generic to me so far either (at least not Endride, Comet Lucifer, Bungou Stray Dogs, etc.. level generic), but the concept did seem a lot like Darker Than Black; with the whole special ability and specific triggers for activation. Liked the main cast and the animation was nice, it even had a pretty great fight scene imo. So going to keep watching. We'll see how it goes in the coming weeks if things take a downward spiral or not.

Kind of gave me vibes of A Certain Magical Index in some ways.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Pollux said:

Geh...

But! They are so horrible! :P

Haha, funny. Yeah I wouldn't call them "go-to" source myself, but it works for early access. I can always replace the files I download, later on with release group versions, depending who picks it up.

But yeah I concur with Koby on this one, this seems like a definite follow. The first episode jumped right into it, fight scene and all. Pulled me straight in. I like that in a series.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Hmm, I dont know what to do now...

Trust a Penguin Empire or a Dark_Sage (Rated: Okay - http://www.crymore.net/2016/07/08/summer-2016-anime-preview-part-1-the-old-romantics/)

Well, it is just the first episode.

So, we will have to see how it goes. :D

Trust me, it might not be super-explosive-awesome!!, but at least it is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Masou Gakuen HxH. :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pollux said:

Well, it is just the first episode.

So, we will have to see how it goes. :D

Trust me, it might not be super-explosive-awesome!!, but at least it is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Masou Gakuen HxH. :P

Eh, fair enough. Time to get into it I guess...

And what the hell is that?! Looks like a highschool DxD reboot, and some!

7 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

Eh, fair enough. Time to get into it I guess...

And what the hell is that?! Looks like a highschool DxD reboot, and some!

Yeah, MC raises the girls' power level by molesting them. Lol.

@Moodkiller It is kinda like crossing Infinite Stratos with Daimidaler.

Edited by Pollux
More info.

Ok, verdict:

:dr - looking forward to the rest!

Artwork and probably more the animation style is very unique. Seems like all the effort when into where it matters, i.e. the fight scenes. Its also really nice to get into things straight away, there is really no build up to the plot, it just starts! 

Definitely looking forward to the rest. 

• Like 2

Shit really hit the fan towards the end. Love how this isn't taking it's time to build up to the action slowly like so many other series have through introductions and heavy explanation dialogue and instead just jumped right in and explains things along the way without skipping a beat. The execution of this series is definitely one of the highlights and the reason why I'd say this is one of the better 'action' series we've had in quite some time. I'm still getting that 'Darker than Black' vibe from this show. Still loving the character designs and animation as well.

MC-kun has really landed himself in a pickle and Rabbit seems to be in a tight spot so I doubt she'll be capable of coming to his rescue. I wonder if MC-kun will figure out that his childhood friend is being manipulated by that girl with the umbrella or if he'll be forced to take her out. It's a nice change of pace as this Summer season has started off with a bang, which is good after that crappy lackluster Spring season.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2016 at 5:47 PM, Koby said:

I'm still getting that 'Darker than Black' vibe from this show. Still loving the character designs and animation as well.

Haha, the humour in this show is also so good! 

Funny enough, Im getting a Prison School feel... probably based on the anime style and shading that used. Darker than black was just well animated all round. This one is also a bit like Danganronpa where the are "stills" that have been animated. 

Episode 2 once again jumped straight into it, what all with a predictable choice from MC-Kun (just once I want them to say "no" and keep that decision all the way to the end) and at the end left and a real cliff hanger/"we may know what happens next" note. 

• 3 weeks later...