[NOMINATIONS] Anime of Spring 2016

Koby

Anime of the Season is a best anime of the season poll based on Kametsu userbase's votes. Each season, shows are voted on to see which was the most popular among Kametsuians. Shows are considered to be in the season if their first episode falls within the time period. Check the charts if you're unsure whether the show you plan to nominate falls in the given season.

Rules:

• Each user may only nominate one show.
  • Nomination period will last one week. So nominations will end July 8th then voting begins.

My nomination: Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

Nominations:

x1 - Bungou Stray Dogs

x2 - Flying Witch

x3 - Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

x1 - Kagewani: Shou

x2 - Kiznaiver

x1 - Kuromukuro

x1 - My Hero Academia

x6 - Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, hagi said:

I'll take a shot in the dark and nominate  91 Days

That's a Summer show which hasn't even premiered yet. Take a look at the chart provided and nominate a show you actually watched and enjoyed during this Spring season which just ended this week.

I'll update the nomination list with everyones nomination soon.

2 hours ago, Koby said:

That's a Summer show which hasn't even premiered yet. Take a look at the chart provided and nominate a show you actually watched and enjoyed during this Spring season which just ended this week.

I'll update the nomination list with everyones nomination soon.

Crap, Sorry about that. My mistake. 

Correct Nomination: Flying Witch

On 7/1/2016 at 3:34 PM, warlord8 said:

You should just start the vote lol. AOTY is Re:Zero

I wouldn't say AotY, but definitely AotS. The Spring season was weak (and the weakest season we've had in over a year) and everything else turned out to be pretty terrible. Everything else I picked up/watched/dropped I wouldn't even rate higher than a 5/10 average except Mayoiga (which I'm kind of surprised hasn't been nominated yet).

Only 1 of the shows nominated did I not pick up (My Hero Academia), while 3 of the nominated shows were series I dropped (Bunghole Dogs, Kiznaiver, and Flying Witch) and I've only dropped 53 series while completing 1000. So my drop rate isn't really that high. This season had the highest drop rate of shows I picked up out of any season I can remember in the last 6 years.

That leaves only 2 shows nominated so far that I actually watched to completion, and the other was Kabaneri which imo went to complete and utter shit the moment Biba was introduced and the whole plot was just a mess, characters were one-dimensional, etc... and of course they opted to leave it open-ended for a possible second second and already announced 2 recap movies in the works.

Anyhow updated the nominations list now. Sorry for the delay. Busy week with my daughters birthday, birthday party, 4th of July get together, and a vacation all rolled into this week.

• Like 1

I personally wasn't interested in any of these anime.  The only one I started and finished was Kiznaiver. These other suggestions weren't interesting enough to even start.  The only other anime I completed that finished last month was Asterisk War...but it apparently wasn't a spring anime.

• Koby unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic