Console or PC?

Moar-Chan

Console or PC?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Console or PC?

• PC
    • Console

• 2 months later...

I prefere PC for its K&M experience. There is no other means of input that provides me with a level of precision like K&M does. Of course, there are the pure pad games, but in certain genres a proper keyboard and mouse outperform any gamepad. For example, FPS I'd never play on a console, I always go for the PC version. Halo has been the only shooter I played all parts on the Xbone but simply for the lack of a PC port.

I own an XBox and a PS4 and have an i7 PC with a gtx 980Ti.

Edited by EljayFlintok

I would never go back to a Console!

With PC you have a better Game Expirience better Graphics and Performance and also you can easily do some cool Multitasking while gaming.

Secondly Mouse and Keyboard are for most things in the games way better and more accurate, and for those who still wants to use Controller you can without any problems.

There are lots of more Pros to mention for PC...

PC all the way, no question about it. Consoles have much to learn and going backwards still. Back in the day of say PS1, I would have given a different answer but these days, PC is unbeatable. Do wish the publishers and creators would focus more on PC games though. Most PC games aren't well optimized and train wrecks like Batman Arkham Knight for example or No Man's Sky or Dark Souls to name only a few.

But the best thing about PC is the indie scene and the mod scene.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, tomnook123 said:

That is one of the major drawbacks of PC gaming. The cost for entry is a lot higher than with a console.

Oh yeah, I was just doing some "window shopping" for a good gaming PC that won't be outdated right after I buy it and... yowza!

Nintendo usually has pretty reasonably priced consoles and I like their exclusives.

1 hour ago, thefarmboy said:

Oh yeah, I was just doing some "window shopping" for a good gaming PC that won't be outdated right after I buy it and... yowza!

Nintendo usually has pretty reasonably priced consoles and I like their exclusives.

You really need to build your own PC if you want it to stay up to date at a reasonable price.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomnook123 said:

You really need to build your own PC if you want it to stay up to date at a reasonable price.

That seems to be the way to go. I just wanna be lazy though and not research all the best and cost effective parts that'll work together, haha. Another point for consoles here, one size fits all.

6 minutes ago, thefarmboy said:

That seems to be the way to go. I just wanna be lazy though and not research all the best and cost effective parts that'll work together, haha. Another point for consoles here, one size fits all.

Haha. I totally understand where you are coming from. I can't tell you how much time you will put into building a PC going over parts and prices. Consoles are so much easier.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomnook123 said:

Haha. I totally understand where you are coming from. I can't tell you how much time you will put into building a PC going over parts and prices. Consoles are so much easier.

I gotta make a friend who enjoys doing all that and let him do it for me, haha. Because seeing all these great new PC games coming out that would kill my machine really makes me want an upgrade. Consoles are technically becoming more and more like computers anyways, the only issue is exclusives...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When a game is both on PC and console, PC will be better 99% of the time except when for some reason the PC version is messed up. I'm not saying the game is better itself, but a lot of games you can easily mod or mess around with on the PC unlike a console where it is much harder to do so and even impossible in most cases I believe. True consoles may be a bit more simple to play games sometimes, but the ability to do what you want with a game like you can on PC usually makes PC my choice for gaming and I don't even have a beast of a machine, but plays all of my game great and I paid less than $500 for all the parts between sales on Newegg and Amazon when I bought them. I have an AMD FX-8350, MSI Radeon R7 370 Gaming, 8 GB of Ram and it runs games like Batman Arkham Knight and Rise of the Tomb Raider really really good which makes me happy. Still, in the end, it is up to each person to make their own choice based on their own preferences for which they prefer making the real awnswer that there is no right or wrong answer. Play what you love and have access to :)

• 2 months later...