My Hero Academia (Entire Series Discussion)

d-munny123

• 2 weeks later...

The anime seems to purposefully be taking things slow. The actual manga is, in fact, very fastly paced for a shonen battle manga. The tournament arc took either 22 chapters or 12, depending on how you look at it (it was a sports festival will a lot of nonstandard competitions for a shonen fight, only the last 12 chapters actually had a combat tournament). That's pretty usual for the series, with major arcs and fights going by at lightning speed compared to the older long runners.

Meanwhile, the anime has spent 3 episodes going over about 2 chapters, which is probably a good pace to keep the story consistent without catching up too fast.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, tjs_spl said:

How many episodes are there in season 1?   The recent manga said that season 2 is schedule..... Today episodes 13 would be broadcasted I guess....

13 in season 1.  Season 2 is expected as it suggested it also at the end of episode 13.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My Hero Academia's only real downfall (imo obviously) is the mangaka's unwillingness to let anyone die. Characters are constantly beaten, stabbed, ripped apart to the point they should have been dead several times over, yet they're magically okay. Absolutely no one is ever killed. Even the "HeroKiller" villian wiped out a hero, who miraculously survived.

Theres no consequence and everyone is fully healed not long after a fight, while no one is capable of actually dying. In this way, it kills any sort of suspense or drama, when you know that everyone is going to come out perfectly A-Okay.

It's a shame that the unwillingness to kill off characters is so predominate in all sorts of media. It's one reason why Basilisk and Game of Thrones rose to such high praise, because they're some of the few where you know no one is save from being killed off.

I've really enjoyed MHA so far (about half-way through season 2 now), but it would have been more of an impact if Eraserhead (Souta Aizawa) and Ingenium (Tensei Iida) were actually killed when they got beaten like they did.

• Koby changed the title to My Hero Academia (Entire Series Discussion)

Am I the only one who thought Midoriya Vs Muscular was complete trash? It was literally the most cliche shonen fight I've ever seen in my life. I was really into the fight and wondering how Midoriya would escape the situation, but then he just randomly one shots a guy who was effortlessly mauling him after literally breaking both of his arms. Yeah... not buying it.

30 minutes ago, kingstist said:

Am I the only one who thought Midoriya Vs Muscular was complete trash? It was literally the most cliche shonen fight I've ever seen in my life. I was really into the fight and wondering how Midoriya would escape the situation, but then he just randomly one shots a guy who was effortlessly mauling him after literally breaking both of his arms. Yeah... not buying it.

Most people seem to be praising it as one of the best fights in the series up to this point, but then there are plenty of people who took issue with Deku/Midoriya's attack; even with the mangaka's explanation of what the attack actually was/did.

I wasn't impressed with how it ended either, but it was nice to finally see Midoriya going one on one against a villain with him actually in control of his powers for once. It was starting to get tiring watching Midoriya constantly mess himself up everytime he utilized his quirk so I'm glad that at least seems to be behind us.

• 1 month later...