Yugioh GX

Riku

What do yall think about the show?

I think season 2 is better. I can watch the shows either on Youtube or Yugiohfans.

The duels are way better then just from the Yugioh shows.

With Yugioh GX they duel more so the duels dont drag on for like 5 episodes like they did on Yugioh.

I haven't had cable in a while so I been missing my anime. >_<

Anyhow Yugioh GX is alright, but it's second season just seems really weird. Especially with all the changes and not knowing what happened between the end of season 1 and the beginning of season 2. Like what happened to the old chancellor?

• 1 month later...

What do yall think about the show?

I think season 2 is better. I can watch the shows either on Youtube or Yugiohfans.

The duels are way better then just from the Yugioh shows.

With Yugioh GX they duel more so the duels dont drag on for like 5 episodes like they did on Yugioh.

yeah you're totally right, the main YuGiOh really did drag on with the duels but the new YuGiOh GX is much better as most duels are over with in one episode and the combo's they use are awesome.

Yea, remember the 6 part duel between Yugi and Kaiba in Season 3. It is good that GX shortens the duels, but I can hardly stand watching the dub cuz it seems so stupid. Subs and RAWs are the best way to go. I also saw the GX episode with RA in dub and Japanese. 4kids added the effect to make it seem like RA was crying. WTH!? RA is a BOSS. He didn't cry in the original.

the last I saw alexis got a voice change and that just totally killed me.

i kept watching the old yugioh because there was nothing better on and because it seemed remotely cool and I actually liked the characters : kaiba and bandit kieth.now?i like the fact that there are a lot of other characters and that they each have their little story and they are given some episodes where they are the main characters (this is the same thing I like about naruto.you don't always see naruto or sasuke doing the fighting)

but everything else pretty much kills.i remember in the beginning they used to throw out monsters with 4000 attack and that loser chun-li had one.i really can't stand zane's brother and I am tired of people telling me that the rhodes brother and sister are actually the wheeler brother and sister ( i didn't watch too many episodes)

oh one more thing

HOW MANY DAMN SETS OF ULTIMATE CARDS ARE THERE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

First it was Exodia.

Then it was the god cards.

Then the three legendry dragons.

i can't also seem to block out the over-use of catchphrases but it just doesnt work

And now those three things whose name I don't know.

• 5 months later...

It aint realistic..its ridiculous! Where did all these strange powers come from? And I wish that would stop with the the stupid lines! Did you see it last Saturday?

Jaden: Its a bird! Its a plane! Its a hero Signal!

Viper: And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those medling kids. (Are you serious? That's a rip from Scooby Doo)

Those are just some of them. The Japanese version is the only way to fo. GX is screwed up bad.

Eh, to be honest, I never really liked either Yu-Gi-Oh series.

I mean I used to watch the regular one like, forever-ago, but then it just got ridiculous. I mean Egyptian pharos and big stone tablets that they played with and made monsters come to life? Umm, no.

For some reason I didn't like that whole plot.

I've read the manga, it's a little better.

But anyways, GX was stupider in my views.

I watched it at first, then I was like "why a school for dueling? honestly?" what are they going to do with their lives?

"I'll destroy you with my giant holographic monster if you don't give me that job!"

To sum this all up I think just the whole plot of the Yu-Gi-Oh stories are kinda of... stupid?

And Koga, everything dubbed by 4-Kids dies an even crueler death then those dubbed by others [tho anything on adult swim really seems to be dubbed decently]. 4-Kids, does the stupidest things to anime to make it for kids, although kids in our country watch freaking Family Guy and The Simpsons and stuff, what else could they do to children's minds? And it's not like they understand the whole plot anyways. :/

• 2 weeks later...
other characters and that they each have their little story and they are given some episodes where they are the main characters

It's called filler, most people hate them. Specially when they want the damn anime to get it over with.

I just thought Yu Gi Oh was utterly boring and senseless.

*imagines a Yu Gi Oh normal life situation*

A shop clerk is about to close, he's just cleaning up the counter, getting ready to leave, when suddenly....

"Yo dude. Pass the money, do it!"

"Ha HA! You chose the wrong person! I am a descendant of the pharaoh, and I shal now use my Holographic SLASH rare SLASH legendary SLASH Powerfull card to defeat you!"

"No, sir! Please, do not use that card that for this strange reason I have heard of and that you can never hurt me with since it's used to playing against other cards, even if I have no cards at all! Please, everything but the little card that I can just shoot you in the head with a handgun and get it over with, then rip the card to shreds with my hands!"

let me expand, I ment like you dont always see Naruto Sasuke and Sakura.You see Rock Lee and his team, you see Gaara and friends, you see Ino and her team and they all fight in thier own styles.In the original Yu-Gi-Oh, it was just Kaiba Yugi and Joey and sometimes a very few others.In the few GX episodes I saw I liked the variety of characters.

Fillers are allright unless they become redundant.

well see that's where Pokemon is better.You have these little balls which have these monsters that can actually hurt people but dont 0_0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now, I've been watching the raws and Eng subs of YGO GX just because I can't stand the pickup lines from the degraded English dub. Also, I just don't understand why some of the voice actors were picked for a said character, especially with what happened to Asuka/Alexis. So I will base my opinions on the Japanese version.

Season 1 was a load of garbage. Sure, it was okay as an opening season, but there were no good characters introduced aside from the main cast. Maeda Hayato (aka Chumley Huffington) was not a cool character to compensate the lack of good characters, and everyone else were just too cheesy. I'm actually glad Hayato left by Season 2.

Season 2 was fairly good. A few good characters were introduced such as Edo Phoenix and Tyranno Kenzan. Also, Hell Kaiser is finally born! As for as the plot thickens, it was somewhat alright. Wasn't the best, but it was by far better than Season 1.

Season 3 was....omg. The BEST in my opinion. It has so many great characters: Johan Anderson (OMFG, THE BEST CHARACTER EVER), Jim Crocodile Cook, Amon Garam, Austin O'Brien, and more. (Spoilers, Highlight -->) Plus, you have returning characters Edo and Hell Kaiser! The only thing that disappointed me was Johan's feminine voice in the Japanese version, but I prefer it over the southern accent in the English version. The plot gets very emotional especially towards mid-end...(Spoilers, Highlight -->)...where the majority of the cast of cool characters begin to die...and then Judai gets all emo.

As for Season 4 that is soon to be aired, I get the feeling it won't live to be as great as Season 3. It'll probably be equal to Season 2, and definitely better than Season 1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...