Should Energy Drinks be banned

Pacific85

I don't think they should be banned unless they pose a significant hazard. Most energy drinks don't harm people unless they drink too much in a short amount of time. All energy drinks have warnings that pregnant women or people sensitive to caffeine should not drink them so that should be enough.

I stopped drinking Energy Drinks after seeing how badly they can damage your teeth by softening the enamel during consumption.  However I still need my Caffeine fix so I drink Green and Black Tea (which just stains them instead, lol).

Now should they actually be "Banned" or not, IDK.  Personally I would like to see all "Artificial" ingredients removed from food products.  So take out all the Artificial Colors, Flavors, Sweeteners etc, and if you can still make the product without them then be my guest.

On 7/18/2018 at 6:15 PM, slick1109 said:

I stopped drinking Energy Drinks after seeing how badly they can damage your teeth by softening the enamel during consumption.  However I still need my Caffeine fix so I drink Green and Black Tea (which just stains them instead, lol).

Remember that the big energy drink brands are mostly consist of Taurine (coming from the roots of Urine and Taurus (Taurus is latin for Bull).  Also for future reference, ingredient lists on foodstuffs in general are listed by quantity used in the making of the item, with the first being the most used (Taurine is the 3rd ingredient on the ingredient list of a can of Sugar-Free Rockstar), and the last being the least.

Those who drink stuff like Rockstar, Red Bull, or Monster are literally drinking bull piss.

Kickstart only has a high amount of caffeine, but is still better than the other ones.

On 7/13/2018 at 3:42 AM, RyanEsau said:

I rather like my Powerade alongside my sandwiches sometimes. Feels like the perfect companion drink, especially if I just finished a workout. Don't see any ill harm, so I don't think it should be banned.

Powerade is a sports drink, not energy.  Sports drinks have potassium.  I remember that as a kid, I drank Gatorade quite regularly, since my father would purchase carts of it from Sam's Club, but into the seventh grade, there was a reaction that I built up against Gatorade, causing episodes of sickness that happened each week, and ended with a vomiting episode.  It was later discovered after a ultrasound had been done on me (I'm one of the few men to ever had one of those), that it was a mere potassium reaction, and I've been a bit weary of sports drinks since.

The last sports drinks I had were the Mio Electrolytes (they would later be renamed to "Mio Sport") water flavourings.  I've also had the Propel water flavourings, and I didn't take issue with the potassium in those, so I can say, that those events are done with.  I tend to steer clear of the Gatorade products in case, though.

Edited by Badguys

6 hours ago, Badguys said:

Powerade is a sports drink, not energy.  Sports drinks have potassium.  I remember that as a kid, I drank Gatorade quite regularly, since my father would purchase carts of it from Sam's Club, but into the seventh grade, there was a reaction that I built up against Gatorade, causing episodes of sickness that happened each week, and ended with a vomiting episode.  It was later discovered after a ultrasound had been done on me (I'm one of the few men to ever had one of those), that it was a mere potassium reaction, and I've been a bit weary of sports drinks since.

The last sports drinks I had were the Mio Electrolytes (they would later be renamed to "Mio Sport") water flavourings.  I've also had the Propel water flavourings, and I didn't take issue with the potassium in those, so I can say, that those events are done with.  I tend to steer clear of the Gatorade products in case, though.

Ah, didn't realize there was some difference. I figured the 'Electrolytes' was the 'Energy Drink' of the drink. So you're allergic to potassium or just Gatorade specifically? Never tried Gatorade, only have had Powerade.

42 minutes ago, RyanEsau said:

Ah, didn't realize there was some difference. I figured the 'Electrolytes' was the 'Energy Drink' of the drink. So you're allergic to potassium or just Gatorade specifically? Never tried Gatorade, only have had Powerade.

I had a allergic reaction to potassium back then due to overloading on it as a kid.

It hasn't affected me now (I drank Propel water flavorings, those contain potassium and I haven't got sick the week after I drank a 12 fl oz bottle of that), so it's a reaction to overloading on potassium.

I've had the Powerade liquid drink mixes (Powerade Zero Drops), which look to have the same ingredients and I've had no issues with it.

• 2 months later...