Has Anyone Taken a Break from Anime?

warlord8

I could say I am on a break right now. Had to roam a lot lately and while it's been a nice departure from boring all-day desk job, I haven't got to watch a single ep or even a movie for more than a month. But with every hobby, I tend to check back every now and then. Makes catching up a lot less painful.

• 3 weeks later...

I have taken breaks from anime sporadically and I've always regretted it. Usually it's because I've been too busy or distracted by something else. Like.. I love to read, so if I'm on a book kick, I'm not watching anime during it. Or I've renewed my interest in sci fi recently so I've been watching things like the Orville, etc. There just isn't enough time in a day to watch, read, play everything I want to watch, read and play!

In the beginning , my anime schedule was only Naruto. Then we kinda moved to another place and I kinda forgot and stopped watching completely for close to a year. I resumed watching Naruto and found out it had a sequel . I watched for a few months and then stopped again completely for a year again. Just last summer I decided to branch out and tried anime like Knights of Sidonia , Noragami and GATE. I have always wanted to follow up more but either I forget or something else come in the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any current opinions on the way anime as a medium is being produced, consumed, and transmitted. I mean there is original anime series by Netflix and many major networks are trying to get or launch their own anime or anime inspired programing?

It could link to individuals taking a break , if one was to assume there was an influx of material, as not all shows can be watched due to an abundance of material

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just realized that 2018 will be 20 years since I first became became an anime fan, as in actually understanding that this was a genre, rather than seeing random animes but not knowing what they were (e.g. Speed Racer, Voltron, Journey Through Fairyland).

Anyway, yes, there have been two big breaks in that time. Near the end of high school and throughout college (university), I didn't watch anything because I didn't really have time with everything that was going on at school.  I got back into it when I was in grad school and only working part-time, but I dropped off again once I got more and more involved in full-time jobs, home ownership and things like that. It wasn't that my opinion toward anime changed, it's just that as life goes on, you have more real-world responsibilities that take up your time.

But I'm hoping to get back into it these days. Not that I have any more free-time now, but I'm hoping I can find *somewhere* to carve out a few extra minutes in the week to watch an episode.

Edited by Versailles

• 2 months later...