Marathon One or Multiple Series Simultaneously?

warlord8

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One at a time has always been my preference but I opened up to multiple last year (September?).

Ā 

Decided to start watching Dragon Ball Super (Dub) week to week. Then end of January, I opened up even more as I wanted to watch Overlord II and I just kinda went for it after that and started all the animes I wanted to watch week to week.

Ā 

I still watch one (primary, day to day) anime at a time, but I additionally watch others as they come out week to week.

Ā 

Reasoning being I just always felt like I wouldn't really be able to keep up with the storylines if I dive intoĀ several of them. Frankly though... having watched multiple for awhile now, I do keep up without a problem. I just... remember character names even less so than beforeĀ :$

Edited by RyanEsau

• 2 weeks later...

I watch multiple shows at a time but how and when I watch them depends. If I really like a show and it is currently airing, I try to watch it as soon as possible. Otherwise, I will fit a show in based on when it is convenient. If the show is a sports anime, I tend to let the episodes pile up a bit before binging. If it's a show that's already completed, I take my time watching it unless it's so good that I have to watch it all right away.

• 1 month later...
On 01/01/2018 at 6:39 AM, ViciousPhantom said:

I usually keep it at 2 shows just for a bit of variety.

Exactly this. There's been times where I like a show but don't like it enought to binge it.

If I'm stuck to one show that I'm not super into, it'd feel like I'm forcing myself to get through it, and ruining the enjoyment.

The only problem is I sometimes change one show for another and end up forgetting where I left off, or events in said show.