We've Upgraded to IPS 4.1

Koby

On 11/3/2015, 2:33:33, Koby said:

As @JohnFlower stated, if you hover over the thread link, it'll pop up a preview. It'll give you tabs to view the first post and the last post of the thread.

51766cad08.png

I'll see what options we have for this. I've never used the bottom row of colors myself either because they're almost white.

Yeah Tapatalk hasn't been updated on our community to work with it since updating. The forums mobile compatibility has risen though so aside from just having an app to access things I don't really know how many people would require Tapatalk. It didn't even let you use part of the forum like status updates... and if you viewed the site via browser you had this annoying advert for Tapatalk trying to insist you opt to use it. I often had to go on browser mode to access things because Tapatalk was basically useless to me. IPS has mentioned wanting to create their own App at some point, but I don't know how it goes on that front just yet.

I'm undecided if I'll re-integrate TapaTalk. I haven't even checked to see if TapaTalk has a version available for this update of IPS yet.

What about the avatar images

12 minutes ago, DeathTheKid said:

Anyone know the size for the cover photo?

13 minutes ago, DeathTheKid said:

Anyone know the size for the cover photo?

Everything is responsive. So it's not one set size. It'll resize so the whole width will fit, but then it'll let you position the image where you want it for where it cuts off the height at. Just upload a wallpaper to check it out and test. =P

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Koby said:

Everything is responsive. So it's not one set size. It'll resize so the whole width will fit, but then it'll let you position the image where you want it for where it cuts off the height at. Just upload a wallpaper to check it out and test. =P

Lol, only a 0.63MB photo allowed?? 

6 hours ago, Arian said:

Can I just say this though? Any chance the "Followers" section can go back "Friends?"

I don't know, simply"Following" someone just doesn't feel the same.

It works the exact same. The main difference is it being named more effectively as to what it was actually intended for and no longer requires the other party to accept (I think). It'd basically be impossible to change a huge chunk of the software.

14 minutes ago, Sicka said:

Seems like the disable signature option in a post is gone now? I just noticed all the ones i had disabled are showing :/

Seems like it's gone from the reply section. I only see the ability to either hide all signatures or just hide them from specific users; but not to hide them from individual posts, which kind of sucks because we often hid them for rules, indexes, etc...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Koby said:

It works the exact same. The main difference is it being named more effectively as to what it was actually intended for and no longer requires the other party to accept (I think). It'd basically be impossible to change a huge chunk of the software.

Seems like it's gone from the reply section. I only see the ability to either hide all signatures or just hide them from specific users; but not to hide them from individual posts, which kind of sucks because we often hid them for rules, indexes, etc...

Well, from what I know, the "Friend" system let the user decide whether to automatically accept adds, or to let the user approve them, and I think people like it that way because a friend of mine was just telling me that he didn't like that someone he didn't care for was following him, so I don't know. It just seems friendlier and more involved when you add someone as a friend, as opposed to following them like they're some big Twitter celebrity who will never know you.

Edited by Arian
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sicka said:

Seems like the disable signature option in a post is gone now? I just noticed all the ones i had disabled are showing :/

If you go to profile-ignored users you can manage it at the user-level, either to ignore them or just ignore their signature.

Also under account settings-signatures you can opt out of viewing ANYONES signature, something that I found makes the board a LOT QUICKER!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2015‎ ‎10‎:‎00‎:‎58‎, Tsu.Ku.Yo.Mi said:

Wouldn't you thought of exporting everything to Xenforo?  The only downsides would be the themes (I think you gotta make your own, dunno if they have pre-made themes) or custom html codes (it's been a long time since I surfed around an Xenforo forum).

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2015‎ ‎10‎:‎04‎:‎46‎, Koby said:

Why would we opt to buy ANOTHER license for this community? There is really no benefit to be had with XenForo.

Technically, I could possibly donate said XF license if ever wanted ;) *Whistles quietly*

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎41‎:‎24‎, Pollux said:

Yep, 'cause I just passed 500 within the last couple of weeks.
It should be 530ish according to the old system.

I wonder if edits are being counted now?

Well, it is calculating them different somehow.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎39‎:‎14‎, Koby said:

It recounted posts and altered them according to what was in the database. I figured post count would go down in most cases of posts being deleted, etc.. but I don't know how/why it would have increased. Are you positive it definitely went up?

You probably realize this by now. However, IPB4 counts things as content not post count so things like blog entries, status updates, uploads are counted in the content count not just post count.

(We had the same issue ourselves trying to figure out why things went up so highly)

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2015‎ ‎3‎:‎13‎:‎41‎, Koby said:

lol, they released 4.1.1 and the new 'auto-upgrade' feature in admin cp didn't work so they're now releasing 4.1.2 to correct that. Seems they didn't check as thoroughly for bugs as they should have; but meh. You can't always find them all without a large community of users testing various things such as this and reporting back.

It's pretty much why I lost faith in IPS myself. I am a fan but I hate that they treat us as beta testers. We are paying customers and the fact that other products(Such as Xenforo) are capable of releasing massive updates for small to huge communities with little to no major issues and rushing to get out a .2 or .3 update to fix something shows that quality control is slipping with IPS.

• Like 1

• Nekone locked this topic