We've Upgraded to IPS 4.1

Koby

51 minutes ago, poetictragedy said:

Try clicking the "Create" button in the upper right corner and select "Status"?
I only add a question mark because I'm not positive, but this seems like the place to post a new status. -shrug-

Unfortunately, it only has TOPIC under create.

3 hours ago, JohnFlower said:

>before the upgrade

You mean way back in August? They haven't been around since then.

Been downloading from them just this Sunday 10/25, just like I was doing it the entire month of September and October through Kametsu IRC channel. I’ve accessed their channel directly and it stated they’ve got upgrade in progress so, I assumed it was part of Kametsu upgrade. I guess it wasn’t.

6 hours ago, RhyZe UK said:

To be honest, once the themes are done and the look is sorted, I will be perfectly happy as this already feels much speedier than before, however with change always comes certain hurdles to achieving the same aesthetic as before..

If it is possible I would really love to see the return of:

1.) BOTM Kametsu Title as before, (Loved this!)

2.) That slight middle 'sheen' on the colour strips above main element boxes (i.e Shinra Headquaters, Then inside topics too etc)  accompanied by the cool grey transparent anime pic against black backdrop below it.

3.) The complete avoidance of 'digg' style blue, white and grey in futere themes lol

4.) A Theme based on the old Black MESH Theme (especially the awesome mesh bars on the sides of the site) i.e black, dark grey and lightning blue (with sheen)

5.) NON-Transparent topic boxes please... other stuff go for it :D

6.) The return of 'Click to Show More' at the bottom of forum areas such as Dubbed, Dual Audio etc

I have a feeling most people will agree, but as I said in the beginning it does take time to adjust and I hope it all goes smoothly Koby, and that my suggestions helped somewhat!

Great Work So far! :byebye:

What is sheen?

I hadn't noticed 'show more' is gone. It was nice, but there is still the pagination which works.

5 hours ago, 4iv said:

Just out of curiosity, before the upgrade started, both [bot]ddpanda and KG|Archive bots disappeared from Kametsu IRC channel. Will they be added back or is it a permanent removal?

Honestly I have no idea because anyone can add XDCC bots to our channel and we don't have any access to them or anything. I hadn't noticed they were gone and I have no ability to bring them back. You could try asking ddpanda or the KG people (Kimiko).

2 hours ago, Nintendon't said:

You should look into getting a theme similar to the last one. This white is pretty awful, no offense.

Brave has been announced to be one of the themes Ehren updates, however it's one of his lowest priority ones and he still has to update his 4.0 skins to 4.1 before he messes with the rest of his 3.4.x skins. It's likely to have a lot of changes though and may end up a lot different when it's all said and done. I definitely wouldn't say to expect it until Spring depending on how busy Ehren gets to work on things.

2 hours ago, ljonesj said:

it is different one of my pages i go to that has Pikanet128 list of stuff is now not letting me in

I don't know what you're talking about.

1 hour ago, Alice said:

I just want to do a status update and can't find it.  I need it to announce when voting is ready...like now...and when entries are are ready to be taken.  :(((

MY EYES!!!!!

I'll take a look. Some other settings were a bit screwy so maybe GFX staff somehow lost the setting to do Status updates. I know quite a few groups were locked out of commenting/replying in some of the boards.

• Like 1

Turns out it wasn't a usergroup issue but an actual setting on her own profile. Had to enable status updates just for her. Checked other random users and they all had it enabled so IDK why only Alice had it disabled.

Also I found a setting to change it so enter only goes to a new line instead of new paragraph! yay!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Koby said:

Turns out it wasn't a usergroup issue but an actual setting on her own profile. Had to enable status updates just for her. Checked other random users and they all had it enabled so IDK why only Alice had it disabled.

Also I found a setting to change it so enter only goes to a new line instead of new paragraph! yay!

Wow, I didn't even know there was settings to set.  Thanks for looking into it for me.  No matter how hard I look I can't find anything that allows me to change my settings about statuses.  I looked for an hour...weird.

Edited by Alice

8 minutes ago, Alice said:

Wow, I didn't even know there was settings to set.  Thanks for looking into it for me.  No matter how hard I look I can't find anything that allows me to change my settings about statuses.  I looked for an hour...weird.

Edit Profile -> It's at the top, just under Member title and Birthday.

03982e942f.png

• Like 2

I'm sorry to be a negative nancy, but I haven't found anything positive about the new forum IPS that wasn't already on the old one, except maybe for the real-time alerts; Koodos for that.

There are however, two things, besides the skin since everyone and their mother has already pointed that out and will be improved, that I must say jerks me a tiny bit:

1) Everything on the forum is too large.

Before, you were able to see average-sized, boxes and links, giving you more to see at a time. Now even the little things take up a good chunk of space on the screen. Even the text takes up more space in the text boxes than before.

2) The absence of the "My Content" tab.

I can't speak for others, but that was the easiest, most reliable way for me to check for new posts in threads I was involved in as well acess my own threads to update them. Call me crazy, but I've noticed that it's taken people longer to see my updates than before, and the loss of "My Content" I would guess is the root cause. Please bring that back.

Edited by Arian

18 minutes ago, Arian said:

I'm sorry to be a negative nancy, but I haven't found anything positive about the new forum IPS that wasn't already on the old one, except maybe for the real-time alerts; Koodos for that.

There are however, two things, besides the skin since everyone and their mother has already pointed that out and will be improved, that I must say jerks me a tiny bit:

1) Everything on the forum is too large.

Before, you were able to see average-sized, boxes and links, giving you more to see at a time. Now even the little things take up a good chunk of space on the screen. Even the text takes up more space in the text boxes than before.

2) The absence of the "My Content" tab.

I can't speak for others, but that was the easiest, most reliable way for me to check for new posts in threads I was involved in as well acess my own threads to update them. Call me crazy, but I've noticed that it's taken people longer to see my updates than before, and the loss of "My Content" I would guess is the root cause. Please bring that back.

The sizing stuff is all theme related.

The My Content is now part of the Activity Streams. There are some pre-programmed default streams, but it also allows users to create and customize their own streams to only include the stuff they want them to. Check it them out and toy around till you get what you want out of it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Koby said:

The sizing stuff is all theme related.

The My Content is now part of the Activity Streams. There are some pre-programmed default streams, but it also allows users to create and customize their own streams to only include the stuff they want them to. Check it them out and toy around till you get what you want out of it.

When you put it that way, I did find what I was looking for, but I still believe that you should give us at least one activity stream of our choice to add to the usertabs on the top-right so I don't have to click around every time I want to get to it.

2 minutes ago, Arian said:

When you put it that way, I did find what I was looking for, but I still believe that you should give us at least one activity stream of our choice to add to the usertabs on the top-right so I don't have to click around every time I want to get to it.

q5lDB35.png?1

Any user custom saved streams will be listed under the 'Custom Streams' category there.

As far as putting them over on the right of the breadcrumbs; unfortunately it's coded to only display the 'default' activity stream of the board and I feel displaying unread posts should be that.

• Like 2

lol, they released 4.1.1 and the new 'auto-upgrade' feature in admin cp didn't work so they're now releasing 4.1.2 to correct that. Seems they didn't check as thoroughly for bugs as they should have; but meh. You can't always find them all without a large community of users testing various things such as this and reporting back.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Koby said:

What is sheen?

Its hard to explain without looking at the old site them (I still have an old icon picture) but basically the titles such as 'Shinra Headquaters' had a blue stripe, and in the middle of that stripe was a bright 'point' hence why I used the term 'sheen' to describe it i.e Birightness, radiance or adjective: shining.. :D

Below that was also a small banner grey anime pic i think...

7 minutes ago, Tamai said:

It appears that I'm unable to delete the notifications I have read. I don't think this is on purpose and it confuses me if I see the same notifications again.

PS

I also hope for a dark theme to appear soon.

Once you've seen it, the bold goes away. Also the notification icon looses it's status of saying you have new notifications.

As far as deleting them, I think it has indeed removed a users ability to delete them, however it is configured to remove them on it's own after so many days/weeks.

2 minutes ago, Cartoons said:

Thanks for the new theme. I like the white and clean interface. Good job! :)

We had a pretty clean white interface on the old setup if you changed themes. =P

• Like 2

• Nekone locked this topic