Please recommend Good English Dub Romance Anime Only..

• 3 months later...

Guess I'm a little late to the party, but if my opinion as a fellow dub-only romance enthusiast is still relevant, I strongly second the recommendations of Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! as well as Spice and Wolf (the romance is more subtle and mature in the latter, but that made it all the more fascinating to watch for me). Also, His and Her Circumstances (This one has a female lead, but I enjoyed it all the same).

The World God Only Knows is a very solid mention, too. Though to get a satisfying experience, you will need to read through the manga volumes 5-12 to bridge the gap between seasons 2 and 3 of the anime. It's easy to find scanlations online.

Finally, one of my absolute favorites that hasn't been mentioned yet is Mysterious Girlfriend X. It's a shame so many people are immediately put off by the premise - it's a really endearing romance story without anything unnecessary added on top.

Edited by BlueSpark4
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BlueSpark4 said:

The World God Only Knows is a very solid mention, too. Though to get a satisfying experience, you will need to read through the manga volumes 5-12 to bridge the gap between seasons 2 and 3 of the anime. It's easy to find scanlations online.

You don't need the Manga, you need to watch S02 then OVA and then S03! ;) 

Romance Dub: Brothers Conflict, Date A Live, Maken-Ki, Ah My Buddha, Nakaimo - My Little Sister Is Among Them, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Ef Tale of Memories & Melodies. ;) 

I see you have two Threads: http://kametsu.com/topic/53301-please-recommend-good-romancelove-anime-sub-or-dub/, you watched Please Teacher!  I recommend also Please Twins! ;) 

Edited by DJHulp

15 hours ago, DJHulp said:

You don't need the Manga, you need to watch S02 then OVA and then S03! ;)

Well, as far as I'm aware, the OVA hasn't been dubbed, which is one of the OP's requirements (and also the reason why I didn't watch it). But the more important part is that, to my knowledge, the OVA only covers the Tenri arc. However, to me , the story arcs of Tsukyo (is that the name of the doll girl?) and Yui were both equally important to properly enjoy season 3.

Also, I wholeheartedly endorse the suggestion of Ef - A Tale of Memories (and Melodies) as it is my favorite anime series of all time :). However, I really consider that show a drama first, with romance as the secondary genre, which is why I didn't mention it myself.

Edited by BlueSpark4

2 hours ago, BlueSpark4 said:

Well, as far as I'm aware, the OVA hasn't been dubbed, which is one of the OP's requirements (and also the reason why I didn't watch it). But the more important part is that, to my knowledge, the OVA only covers the Tenri arc. However, to me , the story arcs of Tsukyo (is that the name of the doll girl?) and Yui were both equally important to properly enjoy season 3.

Also, I wholeheartedly endorse the suggestion of Ef - A Tale of Memories (and Melodies) as it is my favorite anime series of all time :). However, I really consider that show a drama first, with romance as the secondary genre, which is why I didn't mention it myself.

123676_slip.jpg

The World God Only Knows: OVA Collection Blu-ray - English Dubbed: ;) 

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-World-God-Only-Knows-OVA-Collection-Blu-ray/123676/

You should watch this before S03, otherwise S03 doesn't make any sense, also no need for Manga, if you just like me hate Reading! ;) 

Edited by DJHulp

On 14.4.2016 at 11:05 PM, DJHulp said:

123676_slip.jpg

The World God Only Knows: OVA Collection Blu-ray - English Dubbed: ;) 

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-World-God-Only-Knows-OVA-Collection-Blu-ray/123676/

Well I'll be damned... You're right, the OVAs have been dubbed. That means I'll surely check them out when I rewatch the series :). I still recommend reading the corresponding manga chapters for the Tsukyo and Yui arcs, but the Tenri OVAs are clearly the most relevant to the plot of season 3.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...