most hated anime cliches

brotheralex

Big starry eyed eyes used in drawings on characters (like in Clannad)

The main character or the hero of the anime has to depend on someone else's power like the power of a demon or so more than his own strength (Naruto, Bleach)

When females are VERY VERY wimpy and helpless in the series where they are nothing but dead weight

When male characters are oblivious to their female friend's true feelings for them and always get nose bleeds at the sight of a girl's cleavage, upskirt, etc

When a character after "awakening" his "hidden power", uses it the first time like a pro like he was using it all his life and uses it to defeat an actual pro in the series on its first use (example Ichigo vs Kenpachi or Ichigo vs Number 4 espada)

When the most powerful character in the anime does not even get half the screen time of minor characters to prove why he is so powerful and thus we only hear stories of how he conquered this and that

Repeated flashbacks that takes up at least half the episode ( NARUTO!!!!)

Fillers right before a LONG AWAITED arc (and i am talking about some shitty fillers like Bleach fillers)

Big breasts on females and the creepy lesbian-like eye glass wearing female friend who likes to squeeze her friend's big boobs

When one character CONSTANTLY receives power upgrades to the point where he is basically invincible and the rest of the characters are completely forgotten like what happened in Naruto. No Neji, Kiba, Hinata, Rock Lee and not to mention where is Ten Ten?!?!

Characters who can eat off the entire episode and still wouldn't be full

When a character always has their eyes closed but can still see where they are going, who they are fighting, etc

Edited by Kyle_Dimetri
  • Like 3

When females are VERY VERY wimpy and helpless in the series where they are nothing but dead weight

This and this reversed... like when the male lead is nothing but a useless pervert. 

Oh my f*ck, this. And recap episodes in general. 

Big breasts on females and the creepy lesbian-like eye glass wearing female friend who likes to squeeze her friend's big boobs

I never noticed this before, but you might be onto something.

2gxfukl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This one is the worst for me. I don't need to know what has happened when i just seen only a few episodes earlier, it's really annoying and always makes me feel like i am wasting my time. I see that you have singled out Naruto...............you are so right to, man that series really has WAY too many flashbacks. In the end my brain just switched off because i really didn't care anymore.

• Like 1

I hate how it always seems in a lot of anime/cartoons that the main character just happens to always seem to know knowledge they never should know, and when they finally grant you that back story you have been begging for, it seems to either a. be way too short and ambiguous about the information desired, or b. turn into a three episode fanservicerific glory shots of characters not even seen in the series that tell you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

that is all.

• 2 weeks later...

- Boobs.

- Falling and Grabbing said Boobs.

- Falling into said Boobs.

- Just people even mentioning how big/small they are in casual conversation.

- Fights that end with survivors having no injuries.

- ^ESPECIALLY when no one is wearing little/or no suitable armour.

- I don't mind the teens saving the world, but when capable adults leave it ALL to them and offer no assistance/have extremely minimal roles.

- School Uniforms. All the Time.

- Memory Loss. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Harem School anime's where every single gosh-darned girl screams over some quiet boy who brushes all of them off, has a mysterious past, and little-if-any personality outside of being the school badass.

Do reverse harem anime's exist?  --What's Ouran High School Host Club considered?

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned pretty-boy/androgynous guys who are supposed to be rugged or tough and make every freaking female wet. WHAT IS THAT?!?

Protagonist's parents dying when the protagonist was very young is seriously overdone and needs to be toned down.

Arrogant, prideful, macho, overconfident characters with matching egos that have a beef over the protagonist, just because the protagonist is more talented than they are. (this is most common with shonen anime that has a lot of fighting)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My most hated anime cliche would be the recycled characters. A lot of the anime I have seen have the same personalities and quirks, which I guess is one of the charms of anime, but still... I like original characters. 

And also, while we are on the subject of recycling, can we steer clear of the orphan/disenfranchised teen cliche?

• Like 1

How about the main character being so strong they could destroy country/planet/universe and so fast they can dodge almost all attacks thrown at them during a fight but somehow ALWAYS get beaten by some random annoying female character in the show...for example

Dragonball Z - Goku gets beaten by Chi-chi....

Naruto - Naruto always gets hit and smacked by Sakura

Bleach - Ichigo gets knocked down alot by  ....Rukia and that annoying girl in his high school lol..(also lol at the soul reaper that makes flowers appear with his swords power...)

I mean, I can't be the only one that finds this annoying.

also.. how about characters that lose half their skill after the first episode lol... I'm mainly talking about "Blackcat" on this one but im sure there are others lol... Hes a super fast killer who could move through a crowd without being seen or heard in the first episode but can never do that again lol

Oh Forgot to mention two other things that ruin a series for me, The first is when the main character loses his/her memory as mentioned a few times in this thread and the other is when the main character wins an epic battle and DOESNT get credit for it or even recognized for what he/she just went through or (and im counting this as the same sort of thing) the main hero wins a battle that no one else could do but still gets treated like an idiot.

Examples for these,

Memory loss - Teknoman, may be an old series but still a good one but the series kinda took a bad turn then he lost memory after each fight.

Doesnt get the respect or recognition

Bleach - Ichigo beats Renji, Kenpachi, Byakuya and even gets told hes the savior of the soul society and thats only the first Arc and then in the next arc, Gets told to stay out of the fight and leave it to the others.. people he beat and therefore is clearly better than lol.

For the naruto references, I've only seen up to shippuden 152 i think it is so if they make references back to these events at a later episode then I will retract these but still, these are only from the Naruto series which was 220 episodes.

Naruto - Naruto uses his fox powers to beat Haku...sakura tells everyone it was thanks to kakashi...

Naruto stops Gaara from destroying the villiage, no one gives a crap about that lol ( this one was during the chunin exams too, they could have atleast gone "Oh you saved the F*cking village, maybe we will let you be a chunin."

also scumbag leaf village... Naruto saves them multiple times, even beats multiple akatsuki members and spends two or three years training with the pervy sage. They still wont upgrade him from Genin level ninja.

Edited by Blackcat