Welcome to Kametsu: Introduce Yourselves! ^_^

Koby

Hi. I'm a fellow traveler always looking for quality toons. Sheldon131 on TV-Vault told me about this site because I was looking for dvds/dvdrips for Mummies Alive! which are here. Looks like there's a nice community here with many dedicated users. I like the idea that people can chip in to finance the procurement of Web-dls and DVDs, which I'll probably get involved with when I find a new job.

A little about myself: As noted above I can be found on TV-Vault, and am Team class and under the staff page I'm also listed as Front-Line Support. I am also a member of Cartoon Chaos where I'm Elite VIP there. I was also an Admin at Nept00ns back in the day before it shut down. I've acquired high ranks where ever I go because I'm a heavy uploader and an encoder with more than 500 shows to my name. Well that's just a figure of speech as most of my encodes are actually tagged "TVV", with only a handful tagged "decimate". Most of my older encodes were avi/xvid, but I have switched to mkv/h264 as it is the preferred container/format.

Finally got around to registering here! Always good to introduce oneself. How did I get here? I believe I first heard about this site on another forum (focused on general ddl). I was interested in trying out Kametsu as I'm wanting to try something new, specifically Anime. What also caught my attention was the general animation love here. I love animation. I hope to be very active here!

Heya, it's nice to meet you all! I actually came here from 4ch (I promise I don't use that language though, bleh) due to a couple of recommendations for a more permanent community with a larger range of cartoon interests. I was lucky enough to grow up in the 90s with some of the best stuff of that era, it's a privilege being able to see other people just as enthused about them.

Hey All, Nice to meet You!

Life-long anime nerd here. Found this site listed on AniDB. Looks real cool. Planning to lurk a bunch and post occasionally, like normal.

My top 5 anime are Tenchi Muyo, Ranma 1/2, Outlaw Star, 5cm per Second, and Kokoro Connect. My top 5 games are Ladykiller in a Bind, Final Fantasy Tactics, Cities: Skylines, Dwarf Fortress, and (my number 1) Jade Cocoon.

My other hobbies include Music (I play the Harp), Computers (GNU/Linux), and TTRPGs.

No graphics or questions from me.

Looking forward to using the site!

Yo. Signed up here for to see what the download section is like, but the rest of the catalog looks has peaked my interest. Haven't used one of these message board type internet forums in many years. Glad to see the format hasn't entirely died out to facebook and reddit. Somehow this place feels familiar too, like maybe I talked about Naruto on here 8 years ago. Who knows.

Edited by teenus

Hi everyone,

I found out about Kametsu by using Bakabt.

The site seems very organized and active which is great.

I'm probably going to lurk unless I find something I really want to talk about.

I have way more than 5 but here goes in no particular order. Steins;Gate, Your lie in April, Erased, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Parasyte

Halo 1-3 especially 3, Halo 3 ODST,  Black ops 1,  League of Legends, Oblivion

Hello, everyone ( ^_^)/

I stumbled upon Kametsu while looking for a high quality release of Hellsing Ultimate for archival.

Same thing happened with Psycho-Pass, Claymore, Noragami, Charlotte and more, it kinda became a recurring theme.

So, I decided to take the plunge and join.

Let’s see… Top 5 anime: Ghost in the Shell, Hunter x Hunter, FMA:B, Madoka Magica, Overlord

Honorable mentions: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Steins;Gate, Code Geass, 3-gatsu no Lion, Psycho-Pass, Claymore, Houseki no Kuni, Cardcaptor Sakura, Kara no Kyoukai, Cowboy Bebop  … Holy, I’ll have to stop here or I’m gonna keep going till top 30 or more.

Top 5 games: Witcher 3, Deux Ex: Human Revolution, Dragon Age: Origins, Divinity: Original Sin, Skyrim

Hobbies… besides watching anime and gaming, I’d say drawing-painting and hiking.

Damn, this feels like it’s turning out to be a wall of text. Anyways, seems like you have a lovely community here <3. Mad props to your amazing members, as a matter of fact, I had some of their releases already without realizing they are part of this community! Keep up the awesomeness!

Hello everyone! I'm Panaki, fresh from the oven here and hope to get along with all of you! As of late I've been watching some old school mecha anime again (namely Patlabor and Cybuster), so if you like those come talk to me about it! When it comes to anime, I don't really question genres so it can range from gag stuff like Asobi Asobase to sports shows like Slam Dunk to a more serious ones like Zankyou no Terror. Oh! I've been into Hugtto Precure lately too, it's really good and I must say I was pleasantly surprised, since I didn't expect much depth and content in the series, but it totally proved me wrong.

Anyway, hope to get some good anime recs from being around the topics and see you guys around!!

Hello, everybody! just joining the crusade here... Been lurking for a while now, until I found something interesting in here. thanks for having me... Now, to put my 2 cents, here are part of who I am...

• How did you find Kametsu?

In my meager knowledge of sites of anime, I found this site a few year ago, and since then I've been looking out for quality anime

• What do you think of the place so far?

It's really good! nice layouts, excellente presentation, and a really huge quantity of anime

• How active are you planning on being?

Depends... maybe I won't be so vocal, but i'll be around

• What are your top five anime?

Dang! tough question... let's see: 1) Evangelion 2) Dragon Ball (start with the classics) 3) Another 4) Card Captor Sakura 5) Henneko... there are so many to choose from!

• Top five video games?

Heheheheheh... 1) Left 4 dead (1&2) 2) Tomb Raider: Underworld 3) Metal Slug 4)  Dragon Age: Origins 5) Dead or Alive Last Round (mods included!)

• What other hobbies do you have?

A bit of programming, a bit of movie critic, a lot of work in trying to get my degree

• Make any graphics?

none so far

• Do you have any questions for us?

none so far, keep up the excellent work!