Dragon Ball Question

sora13

Toonami Asia announced on Tuesday that it will run the Dragon Ball Super television anime series in South and Southeast Asia. The channel will show the "English-language world premiere" in Southeast Asia and India in mid-2016.

Toonami Asia describes the series:

The threat of Majin Buu has passed, and Goku and friends are finally living in peace. The day of Bulma's birthday party arrives, and everyone gets together again for the first time in ages. Then Beerus, the God of Destruction, appears. Goku gets his friends' help to become the legendary Super Saiyan God, and gets into a fierce fight with Beerus, but he's not quite as powerful as the God of Destruction. Beerus ends the fight, and informs Goku of a shocking fact. This universe where Goku and crew live is only one of 12. What's more, each universe has its own God of Destruction, which means there might be opponents out there even stronger than Beerus! The story now moves into a new phase. Now the world of Dragon Ball reaches a new dimension that's beyond imagination. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-10/toonami-asia-to-run-dragon-ball-super-in-english-in-mid-2016/.95204

Dragon Ball Super is officially making its way outside of Japan to Toonami Asia! According to the press release below, the show will make its English debut mid-2016 in South East Asia (which we found includes countries like Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, Maldives, Pakistan, and India).

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/11/dragon-ball-super-to-air-in-english-part-of-toonami-asia/

This is Blue Dragon: Trial of the Seven Shadows all over again. lulz

As much as I wanna contribute by getting back into encoding again, currently I can't... >__>

Too much derailed into different things to dedicate the time and energy for setting up everything I need, and I still don't have a DVR or anything similar to do this either. (No way in hell am I gonna bother with my crappy TV tuner card)

Short on money as well so there's that too. 

Edited by Bardon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, guys. I wanted to pose a question.

I know that bringing the 276-episode Dragon Ball Z back to Cartoon Network in the USA is a stretch, since Dragon Ball Kai is currently airing on their [adult swim] block.

But I had this thought; What about Boomerang?

Boomerang is all about airing classics. Their slogan is, "It's all coming back to you." Hence the name.

I could see them airing the original Edited versions of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT as they aired on Cartoon Network back in the day, it'd be perfect.

What do you guys think of that idea and how likely do you see it happening?

• Like 1

Just now, Bonkfast said:

I think Nicktoons still holds the rights to DBGT because I think their website is still up. But if FUNimation still has the edits for DB and DBZ, it is possible, but I'm not sure if CN/Boom would be interested.

When exactly did you check? It's all gone now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...