Fear The Walking Dead (2015 TV Series) (Spinoff from TWD)

Koby

I thought this was one of the best episodes the series has had, but that whole Strand reveal came out of left field. He never really struck me as that kind of guy. Doesn't bother me though, it's TV and of course they'll pretty much obligated to keep one gay character and one black character; so what if those happen to be the same character. I have a feeling that a lot of the people who had been saying Strand was the only interesting character will suddenly start hating him as well. Anyhow the backstory was somewhat nice and we learn how Strand came to be in possession of the big house and boat so that's a plus.

• Like 1

I found the mystery of Strand to be one of the most interesting sub plots and am glad that they have shed some light on his past. I was not expecting him to be gay and naming the boat after the man he started to love though. Now after being injured and having his life saved it will be interesting to see how the character behaves now.  He never struck me as someone who was evil but is an opportunist and now it all makes sense. I guess the group will eventually meet up with Abygail's group and will work together to increase their chances of survival.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The first season was OK but not better than the original The Walking Dead.

The first part of season 2 felt as a drag, I lost interest in the second part but I am still downloading them just for the sake of completing season 2 and maybe it may change?

Is it better? 

Edited by emjay911

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, gumby said:

During which time of the main series does this spinoff take place?

Originally they claimed this show would show the actual progression as the zombies took over, however they glossed over that aspect and mostly skipped it and jumped into the same kind of scenario as the main TWD, in which the zombies have basically wiped out civilization. I don't really know where in the timeline it would fit at this point, but if I had to guess I'd probably say that season two of FTWD would be somewhere around season one of the main series. But it really don't matter as they're on opposite sides of the country and thus far have had zero characters or story shared between them. TWD story is currently set in Virginia and most of FTWD has been in Mexico. So they may as well be stand alone.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...