Fear The Walking Dead (2015 TV Series) (Spinoff from TWD)

Koby

rLl71Tb.jpg

Synopsis: Set in Los Angeles, California, the series follows a dysfunctional family composed of high school guidance counselor Madison Clark, her English teacher boyfriend Travis Manawa, her overachieving daughter Alicia, and her drug-addicted son Nick, in the onset of the zombie apocalypse. The four are forced to choose between profoundly changing or proceeding as their current flawed selves while they come to terms with the impending collapse of civilization.

Week 1 was the highest rated cable series premiere ever. With Live + 3 factored in, it got 13.3M viewers and 8.5 in the demos.

• Like 1

Fat kid was stupid this episode. He seems to act like he knows about zombies and what to do, but he takes a tiny knife to a zombie fight and starts stabbing the zombie in the chest... Of course it didn't do crap, and so Ms. C saves him using a fire extinguisher. -_-

I sure hope drug-boy manages to detox and doesn't go back to drugs. I don't want to see it go on and on about him making dumb choices from being unable to break the habit.

I don't get why they don't come right out and tell the girl though whats going on so she'd stop trying to go after her boyfriend who is probably a zombie at this point.

If people would just talk and explain shit, it'd go a long ways.

Other then that, I don't really have any complaints. This episode has been fairly good imo. It's at least a bit more interesting than The Walking Dead has been for a while.

• Like 1

Just seen the first ep and liked it. It will be interesting to see how the charaters will grow as the series goes on ( if they all survive that is ) as season 2 has been green lit. I liked the paranoia slowly setting in as events will unfold into what we all are used to from the main series.

It will take a while to get used to the new cast but i will be interested to see how they cope with the drastic change the world is about to take.

This will finish after 6 episodes then it will be time for season 6 to start so alls good.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2nd season starts with 2 weeks. I like that this series is opposite of what TWD is, in that I like the main characters in TWD and hate the main ones on this show. TWD tried to stay civilized while these characters are willing to kill everybody and anybody from the get go. I'll probably be rooting for the zombies and everybody they come up against. Perhaps the producers want us to see both aspects of what people are capable of when civilization falls apart.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, neodeathgod said:

Really pisses me off that i can't watch the extra content as it is says "This content is not available in your location." Fucking americans only can watch it. Rant over.

Download it like most people, or use a VPN. =P

• Like 1

I'm not a real big fan of FTWD but I do watch it. Season 2 started off okay. Honestly felt like I knew what was coming pretty much every scene. Maybe because most things already happened in TWD in a sense? 

Anyways it was really dumb of Alicia  to talk to John(? Jack I don't remember his name). It had to be obvious that he'd end up going after them. Especially since she told them they were on a yacht and close to where they were. I want to know what Nick pulled from the wrecked boat.

Just now, DeathTheKid said:

I want to know what Nick pulled from the wrecked boat.

I thought it was a bottle(s) of some sort of alcoholic drink.

A step up from season 1, but that start made it feel like we were missing a good 10 minutes of stuff before hand. Like how did the house catch fire? On to the next episode of Stupid People Do Stupid Things! Nick still reminds me of a Johnny Depp wannabe, but he really needs to lose the old man clothes he stole from the hospital. He's had how many opportunities now? He has at the house he grew up in, took them off to swim in a pool, etc... but yet still wearing them now even in season 2. The girl who plays Alicia left The CW show 'The 100' to focus on this show.... and she starts the season off by doing dumbshit and letting people know where they are and what kind of equipment they have.

• Like 1

I also think it was an ok start. Most of the ep was character driven but like a lot of WD eps it had to have something bad happen towards the end.  I thought from the start it was a mistake to give out information to complete strangers over the radio and it will come back to bite them. Still i will look forward to watching it every week. Nick has the log so it will probably state what happened to the boat up to a certain point.

I still hate the characters, even more so after watching the first episode of season 2. Who can feel empathy for the main characters when most of the males are pathetic & weak while the women are strong, and especially when all of them hate the U.S. Military? That was almost a deal breaker for me, I mean how stupid is that to hate those who give their lives to protect others. I'll be rooting for the zombies and opposition in this series, but i'll keep watching it as long as it doesn't end up doing something ignorant like what Z Nation did by writing in a zombie 'baby Jesus' messiah...I haven't watched that series since.

Edited by Blitzepidemic

‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Renewed For Third Season

Less than a week after a steady start to its second season, Fear The Walking Dead has been picked up for a third season by AMC. The 16-episode run of the Robert Kirkman and Dave Erickson created spinofff of blockbuster The Walking Dead will debut in 2017, the cabler said Friday.

“What Dave Erickson and Robert Kirkman have invented in Fear The Walking Dead is to be applauded,” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios today. “Watching Los Angeles crumble through the eyes of our characters and seeing each make decisions and try to figure out the rules of their new world – it’s fresh, eerie and compelling and we’re all in for the ride.”

Now on the high seas, FearTWD returned on April 10 for a 15-episode S2 run basically even in Live + Same Day numbers with its October 4 S1 finale of last year. While down 37% in the key 18-49 demo from the record-breaking cable highs of its August 23, 2015 Season 1 premiere FearTWD S2’s opener also declined 34% in total viewers from its very first show.

• 2 weeks later...

Surely that women and/or kid make a re-appearance; otherwise that was just dumb.

This whole episode felt like it lasted too long. 10 minutes worth of gimmicks that was paced to last an entire episode of what amounted to going on an island to dig through luggage for things they could utilize, all the while making dumb choices along the way.

I saw it right off that Nick was going to fall down... that entire little skirmish was laughable. Seems he's now learned that he can disguise himself in zombie guts though. So I suppose it wasn't all for naught, unless he just never brings it up with the group and totally forgets about it because of 'plot-convenience'. So is druggie going to become the groups medical advisor on what pills do what?

• Like 1

On 4/25/2016 at 0:36 PM, Koby said:

that entire little skirmish was laughable. Seems he's now learned that he can disguise himself in zombie guts though.

That was probably the only thing worth while this last episode. I honestly don't see this series doing half as good as TWD.

Edit: Honestly I don't even know why I continue to watch this any more.

Edited by DeathTheKid

I have to say, hands down, the group getting cornered and nearly eaten by the zombies is the worst written scene in any zombie type movie/series i've seen...and i've seen lots of them. Though almost getting eaten by a floating zombie was a close second.

I don't see the success of The Walking Dead keeping this series afloat beyond a third season, unless 90% of the original members are eaten and new faces, with new writers, are brought in.