First Video Game

Kid Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

First game I ever played was Final Fantasy IV. (Only it was called II back in those days.) My sister taught me the basic rules of the game so she could bounce ideas off me as to why she couldn't get past the first half of the game.

Then I showed her how simple it would be if she manipulated the rulesets. Little things like bouncing spells off your own Reflect to get past an enemy's, or using cure spells to kill zombies faster. She wasn't amused, not least of all because I was 6 and she was 14, but I think she was just miffed because it was all so obvious and she still didn't get it.

First game I personally owned, is a tie between Crash Bandicoot and Ridge Racer.

First PC game was Unreal. Probably fitting that it's the game which got me into shooters and PC gaming in general, since it pioneered some of the concepts that can make or break a game for me.

Super Mario Bros + Duck Hunt on my cousin's NES, hell to the yes.

Edit: Oh wait, first one we owned?

I'm embarrassed to say this, but SSX for the PS2. My parents refused to ever buy a video game system for me when I was a kid because they were afraid my brain would rot, so my first system I ever owned was a PS2 I saved up for.

Super Mario Bros + Duck Hunt on my cousin's NES, hell to the yes.

Edit: Oh wait, first one we owned?

I'm embarrassed to say this, but SSX for the PS2. My parents refused to ever buy a video game system for me when I was a kid because they were afraid my brain would rot, so my first system I ever owned was a PS2 I saved up for.

That was the very first game I had as a kid Super Mario Bros. & Duck Hunt. I still bust it out once in a while for some nostalgia. You can't go wrong with a classic.

This requires some thinking that takes me back several years.

I know for sure that there's isn't a definite game that I could remember. One thing for sure is that I can remember the most early game console played. From time to time I would visit my cousins to play video game. The first console that I remember playing is the Atari 5200. I do not remember which of the followig game I had payed first, pac-man, joust, brick something. Atari 5200 is huge console, too bad dad gave it away bc dad had to replace controllers every months or so.