[Voting] Anime of Spring 2015

Koby

Anime of Spring 2015  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Anime of Spring 2015

• Arslan Senki
    • DanMachi (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?)
    • Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
    • Gintama°
    • Hibike! Euphonium
    • My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!
    • Ore Monogatari!!
    • Plastic Memories
    • Seraph of the End
    • Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love Revolutions

This poll is closed to new votes

another random vote for gintama ;P 

i still don't know the point of voting if you haven't watched any of the shows.

I always watch the dub where available, i have finished over 150 series fully subbed (probably more but I'm not counting).

Often theres many a time when the specials or ovas aren't dubbed, subs are especially useful then.

I'm always fully up to date both sub/dub for one pIece, naruto, fairy tail.

shame gintama only recieved a film dub, i can only be up to date on subs for that one, 

saying that, The spring seasons marked my first time watching gintama as it came out, (because i had finished the series and films some months before) getting to watch it as it airs every wednesday.

the week has been like this for a long time, (bare in mind i'm from the uk)

Gintama wednesday

naruto thursday

fairy tail saturday morning

One piece sunday morning 

Hunter x hunter 2011 was tuesday, while all the other series came and went these staple shows kept me going ;) 

Yeah it's silly to vote if you've seen nothing and just vote based on recognizing the name. But then it's not like there is any validating one way or the other who actually watched what, so it's an impossible feat to verify. Those people all have pretty much voted for Gintama though and it still didn't really affect the outcome as that show would have a hard time catching up in the next week.

• Like 1

It's not a real problem but it's a trend i noticed with Gintama, Hence it's impressive record on MyAnimeList, It seems Gintama has it's small group of extremely loyal fans, and nobody that thinks it's average or crap watches it ;P  therefore it's rating is huge, quite literally probably the luckiest series on MyAnimeList because of this fact, Great anime but not the best in the world ;D

this is based on there latest sub episodes...

For example on nyaa  over 65k downloads for Naruto (all 3 horriblesubs versions are the basis of this estimate) since thursday,

and Gintama is at 21k download (of course there's a popularity difference). since wednesday.

That popularity difference on nyaa is an example of course people get there shows from many sources, (if this true then naruto probably get hundred of thousands of downloads a week)

Due to this popularity theres more people to rate it badly, I'm one person who believes if Gintama had more viewers rating it on Myanimelist it's rating would go down.

This has been proven true for most anime, the more that rate it the lower it gets, (to me at this point i look at how many ratings it got, rather than the rating itself as a sign of the anime brilliance)

Attack on titan, sword art online and many others when they gained popularity, there score dropped ;P

Just a little thought

I don't base whether I watch a show or not from others opinions or the popularity of it.

I read the synopsis then watch the PV and decide if it's something I might enjoy. I also look at season previews for new shows, look at the studio doing the adaptation, etc.

Occasionally though I'll decide to pick up something I originally passed on such as 'DanMachi' just because it was something I thought might be decent but for whatever reason I gave it a pass but then people seemed to like it so I figured I may as well... This is about the only instance where I take others opinions slightly. However I'm not about to pick up something just because someone tells me I should if it doesn't look like something that'd appeal to me.

Gintama I watched the first 49 episodes of and the first movie or something... I enjoyed it, I understood the appeal the series had going for it, and I rated it fairly decent; however the long running episodic nature it had going for it just wasn't for me so I dropped it and never looked back. Now it just keeps getting new seasons after new seasons...

• Like 2

I don't base my opinions on what others have said either, there quite alot of shows i like that are rated 6.whatever on myanimelist but i rate a lot higher, i do like to see whether things are rated well or not, but that's not for my assessment of the shows, it's just outta curiosity.

yep Gintama keeps coming back mainly because it's manga is still ongoing, i Only ever read the One Piece and Naruto mangas (i didn't wanna spoil the other future anime series for myself). nowadays of course i only have One Piece to read on thursdays ;P

To me i regard the anime as the ultimate point of the Series, (manga is just a gauge of which company's can measure success for a potential new show) there the equivalent of a storyboard (to me, no offense to people who prefer manga).

Gintama is a fun show, but for me it's not adventurous enough to be the best show in the world ;D Very sitcom-ish, with occassional small outings. and of course has hit and miss comedy (like a sketch show (comedy) or family guy jokes;P). 

On a side note there was a moment within the last few years where i thought i'd get some of the highest rated shows and watch them, see what the fuss was about, quite a few of them shows were not great, some were downright bad ;P.

but i found a few classics in there, Like toradora and such before it got dubbed.. however.. (i like the dub too)

recently i went back and downloaded Kuroko's basketball (1 reason not myanimelst rating, but because of the anime terrorist guy in japan) he kept sending mysterious fluid/bomb-like items to event and shops which sold kuroko stuff. this guy went to prison for 4 years  i think however his terroristic activities had the opposite effect and made me want to see it.

I'm not a fan of basketball but it was a pretty good series (all 7/10 for me despite not caring about the sport) i imagine people who like basketball would love that series.

Kara no kyoukai was average ... all these high rated films (and made by ufotable) wasn't totally sold. and forgive me for finding The Monogatari series dull and way to round about ;P i watched a few eps and got bored to death.

Edited by Forestechoes

Voting seems to have come to a halt. Almost 24 hours with no new votes. :( Shame we have almost 1k users logging in every day but can't even reach 100 votes in a poll. Shows how little of the community is actually part of the community.

• Like 2