[Voting] Anime of Spring 2015

Koby

Anime of Spring 2015  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Anime of Spring 2015

• Arslan Senki
    • DanMachi (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?)
    • Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
    • Gintama°
    • Hibike! Euphonium
    • My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!
    • Ore Monogatari!!
    • Plastic Memories
    • Seraph of the End
    • Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love Revolutions

This poll is closed to new votes

There's no point of having a "spring" contest, wait til 2015 finishes then have a vote.

We're going to be having these as seasons. All new shows come out on a per-season basis. So it's easy to lump them that way. As for an 'Anime of 2015', that can easily be done using the winners of the four seasons to hold a poll between them after everything is said and done. Spring is the first season of the year after all, since the Winter shows start in one year and end in the next; thus considered part of the year before.

This is all for fun and to get the community to partake in an event; so there is a point and it's fun to see what others deemed their favorite and why.

• Like 1

Except most ppl don't follow the Japanese anime TV schedule and watch them as soon as they come out.

I bet the people here have not heard of even half the animes you've got on that list, much less watch them.

1) Most anime fans actually do. Why do you think Crunchyroll, FUNimation Streams, Daisuki, and fansubs even exist?

2) If no one heard of them, then how the heck would THEY have nominated them?

3) Seraph of the End for example was already dubbed thanks to the new feature of Simuldubs.

It's not like we just picked these shows out of our ass; users of the community here nominated them during the nomination period.

• Like 1

Wow you mean just because an anime has been released, everyone will automatically know about it?

It takes 1 person to nominate an anime, there's thousands of people who watch anime.

But whatever, I don't wanna argue. Have as many voting polls as you want.

So we're suppose to never hold a poll because someone may opt to not watch the show till 2057. Yeah, sounds reasonable.

If the only other option is to never do something, then it's a pointless option.

Of course not everyone will have seen something, nor will they have watched EVERY show of said season. Hell I only watched a single show during Spring 2015. But that doesn't mean it's better to never do something. If someone hasn't watched something, then they can simply move on instead of crying about their choice.

The fact is the majority of anime fans don't even watch dubs at all. The core anime fandom is all about Japanese audio and about consuming the shows as soon as possible. You're in the minority, so stop crying about your choice. If you choose not to watch something, don't cry about your inability to participate.

• Like 1

That sounds silly doesn't it, ;P  as a person who have seen over half the shows listed i wonder if others even watch anime ;D

I'd say the spectrum of choice isn't large enough for me so i'll refrain from further votes in the future, plus my likes are often very different from the rest of the community kinda pointless me voting ;)

I can usually tell if a shows easier to get into, the general populous will vote for it more, but there not generally always the best shows, It's nice to see Danmachi getting close on the vote now (It's better than Owari no seraph for me).

I can understand  these polls are a simple fun way for a small popularity fan poll, and it gets people together to discuss, but to be honest, most who have voted haven't posted or said why they voted for it, kinda defeats the point if you ask me ;)

Well it does something else too...

For instance I didn't watch DanMachi because I wrote it off as just being another generic SAO/Druaga/LogHorizon copycat that focused more on ecchi, fanservice, and harems... but because of the popularity in the poll it's made me re-evaluate my decision to skip over it and to actually try watching an episode or two.

Forestechos just because you like a lot of stuff or feel your likes would differ, you shouldn't opt out of voting or voicing your opinion. As I said, I like to see people actually take initiative to interact and voice themselves as members of a community. As these polls become a habit and people come to expect this, I expect participation to grow and as such the nomination list to grow. In future seasons I'd like to start it a bit sooner to give more time for the nomination period to give everyone a chance to nominate their shows.

• Like 1

Wow you mean just because an anime has been released, everyone will automatically know about it?

It takes 1 person to nominate an anime, there's thousands of people who watch anime.

I know you're new here, but it doesn't take much to realize the guy you're arguing with for starting a poll you don't like is the owner of this site...

I know you're new here, but it doesn't take much to realize the guy you're arguing with for starting a poll you don't like is the owner of this site...

lol, you say it like that and people will be scared to voice their opinions if it differs from mine. It's not like I'm some abusive power abuser who's gonna give everyone and anyone the banhammer for having an opinion that differs from mine. So he doesn't like the idea of this, well he's not being forced to partake in it, so he can just move on and act like it doesn't exist. If he hasn't seen anything in the season then it's not like he could have nominated or voted for anything anyhow so that's really the only option in his case. Whining about it though was pretty silly.

• Like 3

Voted for Gintama
the anime is goodor so i've heard...

although DanMachi can be considered as well..

P.S Well, i hate anime which has too much flare, moe,extra unnecessary harem...

they are just wrong somehow..

everything should be balanced or so as i feel it anyway

Edited by Royce_666

woah you must hate alot of anime, (theres a lot of female characters around gintoki sakata?) some are also quite cute.

Danmachi is Harem show thru and thru you would hate that too ;P

sounds fair Koby, I'll participate in the odd poll, but i won't go overboard, i just hope when theres a poll like this that people vote for a show and say what they voted for, maybe even why, (because it's interesting to see what people opinions and ideas are).

although one or two posts above is a guy who hasn't even seen any of the shows or so it's seems and is voting because he heard he should ;P (quite funny i watch gintama good fun show)

people might wanna actually watch a show thru before thinking there opinion will count to me ;P i always appreciate others views but only when they make sense ;P

Edited by Renzourin

woah you must hate alot of anime, (theres a lot of female characters around gintoki sakata?) some are also quite cute.

Danmachi is  Harem show thru and thru you would hate  that too ;P

well, not much, just the extreme harem ones, 

well I like High School DxD, (somehow it feels right having a perverted guy with has thing for huge tits who was killed becoz of a girl and reincarnated as a devil by hot looking Devil) now thats a story haha..

Unnecessary harems like the anime Green Green and other plenty ones those kind are shit to watch..

i also hate Mecha animes ...too much Flare and effort is concentrated on transformations of a bloody robot...(stuff like Gundam, Zoids etc)

I like Supernatural animes (Ghosts, Demons you name it I am all for it) (ex. Ayakashi, Ghost Hunt, Nura, Inuyasha)

I like Superpower animes  (Naruto, Bleach, DB series)

Edited by Royce_666

Well Seraph seems to be gaining a bigger lead now.

It's funny how the votes differ here at Kametsu compared to different communities. Most communities the general consensus is Japanese is better and dubs suck, but here at Kametsu most of our userbase likes dubs. Then there is the difference in opinion on what shows are good. For example at aB, Hibike is winning AotS while Seraph didn't fare very well.

It's refreshing to see varying opinions at different communities. Shows that opinions aren't always universal.

• Like 1

It's funny how the votes differ here at Kametsu compared to different communities. Most communities the general consensus is Japanese is better and dubs suck, but here at Kametsu most of our userbase likes dubs. Then there is the difference in opinion on what shows are good. For example at aB, Hibike is winning AotS while Seraph didn't fare very well.

I think there might be some connection there, considering Seraph of the End received simuldub. English dub favoring community are likely to favor anime with dub available as apposed to sub only anime.

I think there might be some connection there, considering Seraph of the End received simuldub. English dub favoring community are likely to favor anime with dub available as apposed to sub only anime.

Yeah but other shows got Simuldub treatment but weren't nominated.

• Like 1

Surprised no one is posting anything here, but it's good to see some voters. Was hoping we'd be at a hundred votes by now, but I know I shouldn't expect much because despite this being a really large community, most of the users are leeches who are never seen or heard from and never partake in anything. I appreciate everyone who takes time out of their busy lives to interact with the community, post about their favorite hobbies and such, and vote in this thread. It's always nice to see that the community has a reason to exist and that we're not just wasting our time on ungrateful leeches for a dead community.

That said, this poll is pretty much evenly spread out and could still go either way. Seraph of the End has held an ever slight lead from the get-go, and for good reason. It was the only show I even picked up for Spring 2015 and it's been a great ride. I've been watching the Simuldub though so I'm still waiting for the final episode which comes out Wednesday to see how they end season one, and I'm anticipating season 2 in October.

Happy voting everyone! =)

yes i cant wait for Season 2

i watched it subbed (because i was to impatiant) i am rewatching it dubbed though

Edited by Pikanet128

That said, this poll is pretty much evenly spread out and could still go either way. Seraph of the End has held an ever slight lead from the get-go, and for good reason. It was the only show I even picked up for Spring 2015 and it's been a great ride. I've been watching the Simuldub though so I'm still waiting for the final episode which comes out Wednesday to see how they end season one, and I'm anticipating season 2 in October.

same thing to me..i only picked Seraph of the End from Spring 2015..Firstly i decided i definately watch when first Episode air..but that time i never watched  because sub ..I love watching both sub and dub Anime ..Last year i downloaded all sub anime which air that time and watched it .. after releasing its dual audio  dvd or BD   again i start grab it .so  again i wasted bandwidth and time ..So i finally decide i  only download anime after dub release to avoid bandwidth and time  ..so now only i watch Dub anime Except  naruto sh(420),One Piece(700) ,Fairy tail S2 (68) and baby step 2(15)..also i watch sub anime which funimation never release its dubs..In short go dub if available ..

For Seraph of the End , I start watch after releasing 8 dubbed Episodes ..that day i watched 8 dub + next 3 sub  Episode (Only 11 sub released) ..near 3 hr & after airing 12 i finished whole anime ..i guessed it complete its story after 12 Episodes but sadly no..Its season 2 will air at end november 2015..Also i watched sim dub of Kamisama Hajimemashita,Noragami,Death Parade

Edited by EonJone