[Voting] Anime of Spring 2015

Koby

Anime of Spring 2015  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Anime of Spring 2015

• Arslan Senki
    • DanMachi (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?)
    • Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
    • Gintama°
    • Hibike! Euphonium
    • My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!
    • Ore Monogatari!!
    • Plastic Memories
    • Seraph of the End
    • Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love Revolutions

This poll is closed to new votes

You may vote for one and only one series that aired this spring season and is included in this poll that you think deserves to be Anime of Spring 2015.

You only get to vote once.

*Anime series are alphabetically ordered for this poll.

Voting ends August 7th.

If your favorite isn't listed then it's your own fault. There was a nominations thread up for a while for everyone to nominate their favorite for this poll. The options here are what was nominated by everyone. We'll run a similar nomination and poll at the end of the Summer 2015 season so be sure to look for it.
  • Like 9

Surprised no one is posting anything here, but it's good to see some voters. Was hoping we'd be at a hundred votes by now, but I know I shouldn't expect much because despite this being a really large community, most of the users are leeches who are never seen or heard from and never partake in anything. I appreciate everyone who takes time out of their busy lives to interact with the community, post about their favorite hobbies and such, and vote in this thread. It's always nice to see that the community has a reason to exist and that we're not just wasting our time on ungrateful leeches for a dead community.

That said, this poll is pretty much evenly spread out and could still go either way. Seraph of the End has held an ever slight lead from the get-go, and for good reason. It was the only show I even picked up for Spring 2015 and it's been a great ride. I've been watching the Simuldub though so I'm still waiting for the final episode which comes out Wednesday to see how they end season one, and I'm anticipating season 2 in October.

Happy voting everyone! =)

• Like 5

Voted For "Seraph Of The End"

I have only seen "Seraph Of The End" & "Arslan Senki (The Heroic Legend Of Arslan)" from the above list, so can't talk about the rest.

Found "Arslan Senki" a bit boaring. :what:

Have only seen 7 episodes from Pn8's posts so far tho...

On the other hand, I like "Seraph Of The End"....was hooked from ep1...

So I hope it wins the poll... :exciting:

• Like 1

having only seen 7 eps of Arslan which i rate quite well i can't fully commit to it being the best,

Danmachi was brilliant, a def 9/10 for me (yoshitsugu matsuoka (SAO's kirito) as lead, it's actually another of his shows that has won this for me...

ShokuGeki No Souma, really good fun show and definitely the best food show i have ever seen (seen 16 eps so far)   beating Toriko and Koufuku Graffiti and others.

*Gintama's new series started off strong but waned a little for a few eps at times.

*Plastic memories i did enjoy alot, started off with a lot of promise, didn't fulfill it's full potential but did make a great come back at the end (great finale)

*Seraph of the End (Owari no seraph) fantastic first episode then went down a rather tried and tested route (which was a shame) for a while, now in these later episodes it's recovering well 8,5/10 so far for me (not quite finished it yet) , a little camp in places ;P but i like the character designs in this show (background art could do with some work though.

Seems seraph may win through others limited viewing ;P shame

Edited by Forestechoes

*Seraph of the End (Owari no seraph) fantastic first episode then went down a rather tried and tested route (which was a shame) for a while, now in these later episodes it's recovering well 8,5/10 so far for me (not quite finished it yet) , a little camp in places ;P but i like the character designs in this show (background art could do with some work though.

What? The background art is amazing. It's one of the biggest drawing points for me. They're gorgeous works of art that could stand on their own. Someone was even ripping each one individually and placing them in a folder on Imgur. Makes some wonderful wallpapers.

I can see how some may think it looks unfinished or unpolished, but that's just because it's all hand-drawn rather than CG backgrounds, including the shading and coloring. The budget for this show must have been pretty big and it's likely because of this that they're taking a season off to work on season 2 so they can polish it off and have time to draw some more great works of art.

As for story line. I admit, yeah it did wane down after episode one and seemed like they didn't know what they wanted to do or where to go from there... then they just started throwing stuff in there: Demons, demon possessed weapons, contracts, etc... I thought it'd just be humans vs. vampires and was rather disappointed when they made the vamps near godlike that it took a contract with a demon to be able to even kill a vamp and they're still unable to match some of the stronger ones.

However once they get out of the training, out of the school setting, and out of the setup stage... this show just keeps on rocking. The character designs look fabulous, the backgrounds are the best I've seen in quite some time, and the story is moving along at a nice pace... and I'm just so thrilled to be watching it. I wasn't this hyped about the next episode of an anime since Akame ga Kill (before it went to shit around ep 18).

wow  i don't want to be a  prick but i cant vote lol those really arnt the sort of shows i watch .....

Then you should have nominated a show during the nomination process that took place.

Did you even watch anything that premiered Spring 2015?

• Like 3

I gave you a like as i respect your opinion however i disagree In my view there has been a wealth of great anime out this year, both sub and dub, and this summer (as of july) this new anime season may be the strongest i've ever watched, having finished and rated over 1,000 items on myanimelist i have watched often 20 new series as they come out episode by episode in a season (sometimes more sometimes less) I'm glad myself over these years that i haven't once become jaded by anime :) not saying anyone here has but personally for me , although there have been a fair few anime that really failed in my opinion, i am always up for taking up a new journey and seeing where the next adventure takes us.

some examples of this seasons very promising shows are;

Non Non Biyori repeat

Overlord

Monster Musume

Himoto umaru chan

Gakko Garushi 

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi...

Fate Kalied 2nd season part 2

Idolmaster cinderella girls part 2

Shokugeki no Souma

Charlotte

Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers

God eater 

to name my faves

I gave you a like as i respect your opinion however i disagree In my view there has been a wealth of great anime out this year, both sub and dub, and this summer (as of july) this new anime season may be the strongest i've ever watched, having finished and rated over 1,000 items on myanimelist i have watched often 20 new series as they come out episode by episode in a season (sometimes more sometimes less) I'm glad myself over these years that i haven't once become jaded by anime :) not saying anyone here has but personally for me , although there have been a fair few anime that really failed in my opinion, i am always up for taking up a new journey and seeing where the next adventure takes us.

some examples of this seasons very promising shows are;

Non Non Biyori repeat

Overlord

Monster Musume

Himoto umaru chan

Gakko Garushi 

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi...

Fate Kalied 2nd season part 2

Idolmaster cinderella girls part 2

Shokugeki no Souma

Charlotte

Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers

God eater 

to name my faves

But we're specifically talking about the Spring season...

For Summer 2015, I'm currently watching: GATE, Overlord, God Eater, and Charlotte.

Winter 2014, the season before Spring 2015; I don't recall picking up anything at all.

• Like 1

Gate has impressed me hugely (like a better version of Outbreak company so far) and i loved outbreak company,

Overlord is like a darker ecchier version of Log horizon,

God eater is our Ufotable fix for the season (so top class animation action)

Charlotte is Jun Maeda (clannad, air, kanon, little busters) co creator (writer and theme tune and insert song composer too.  more specifically Angel beats  was his solo project he did with PA works (the animation company behind Nagi no asukara and Charlotte among others) a very strong animation company. also remember all the Girls dead monsters songs of angel beats (they had around 17 songs i think in total,  theres even live concerts of the Girls dead Monster in arenas; that are packed out to see these girls sing and perform (they released a few songs in japan they got in the top 5 a few times no number 1's.

all promising shows

on a side note any of you guys seen the funny 2015 angel beats 2nd ova yet. very good also ended with a TO BE CONTINUED .... please be a second series they do have more content in manga form.

Edited by Forestechoes

Didn't Know Overlord was made into an anime...

I have been following the manga....

Only 7 Chapters out tho... [Have been following it on mangafox]

Also was following "Gate"...

Both manga r quite interesting......

Will start watching when more episodes come out...

Edited by shakyacold

UtaPri hasn't gotten any votes... not even from the person who nominated it. o.O

Why would you nominate something and then not vote for your nomination? hmm

Gate has impressed me hugely (like a better version of Outbreak company so far) and i loved outbreak company,

Overlord is like a darker ecchier version of Log horizon,

God eater is our Ufotable fix for the season (so top class animation action)

Charlotte is Jun Maeda (clannad, air, kanon, little busters) co creator (writer and theme tune and insert song composer too.  more specifically Angel beats  was his solo project he did with PA works (the animation company behind Nagi no asukara and Charlotte among others) a very strong animation company. also remember all the Girls dead monsters songs of angel beats (they had around 17 songs i think in total,  theres even live concerts of the Girls dead Monster in arenas; that are packed out to see these girls sing and perform (they released a few songs in japan they got in the top 5 a few times no number 1's.

all promising shows

on a side note any of you guys seen the funny 2015 angel beats 2nd ova yet. very good also ended with a TO BE CONTINUED .... please be a second series they do have more content in manga form.

You should go discuss those in their discussion threads. =P
  • Like 1