Overlord

Koby

d7504b23a8e8f5ad07255552d4d02aac.jpeg
MAL

The story begins with Yggdrasil, a popular online game which is quietly shut down one day; however, the protagonist Momonga decides to not log out. Momonga is then transformed into the image of a skeleton as "the most powerful wizard." The world continues to change, with non-player characters (NPCs) begining to feel emotion. Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary young man Momonga then strives to take over the new world the game has become.

d285b1026c6609b243f225006b43d6ef.gif

• Like 1

-_-

Nothing happened during episode 2. The entire episode was about Momonga leaving to go outside as well as in the meantime one of his subordinates was covering their guild hall with dirt to help camouflage it among the false hills they made to hide it from anyone who may wonder upon it. Pretty boring and extremely slow paced for something that's only getting 1-cour to tell it's story.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 3 & 4 finally got on with the plot and had stuff actually take place. Momonga changed his name to Ains and we knew he was powerful but damn, he's near untouchable. He single-handedly took out an entire group of soldiers and magic casters that an army was unable to handle.

I really don't get why you'd make a character like Albedo and then cover her in a body-suit of armor. Kind of defeats the whole reason she exists.

• Like 1

A lot of new characters were introduced this episode. Seems Ains is building up his reputation in this world as apparently despite being someone big in Yggdrasil, no one seems to know him here, although he is hiding his face and going by a new name so that could be part of it, but then apparently the money from the game is no good here either so it still seems to be a bit different of a world.

• Like 2

this show is awesome its more of the darkside of trapped in an mmo

we have seen the most realistic way

a death game were getting out is most important

we have seen adapt and form a community and government is the new world

but now we see a "I'm the only one and I'm not even close to human and i don't care if i kill people, hmm maybe ill take over this world"

why does "trapped in an mmo" sound better even thought the grammar is incorrect

Edited by Pikanet128

Well this weeks episode was pretty uneventful but we did learn a bit more about the group of adventurers that Ains/Momon is going with. Not much else to really say. Albedo is still as crazy about him as ever and nothing she does should come as a shock anymore. I've actually come to not like her character anymore actually. The season is already half-way over and this pacing has me wondering if we'll get a 'to be continued in season 2' announcement at the end of the show.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed this episode and it certainly has me anticipating the fight next week. Momon seems pretty confident that he'll win; otherwise he's just psyching her out (and it's obviously working). I wonder if there is anyone who will actually give Momon a run for his money. Also hoping that a s2 will be announced at the end of this season because it's clear that there will still be so much they could do still once this ends. Only 5 more episodes to go and it's just now really getting into the core of the season.

• Like 2

yes i agree things have definaly started moving

also so sad every one from the party died

i thought based on the ep description that at least Ninya lived despite being torchered sadly nope

After Momonga registers Hamusuke with the guild, he goes to Nphirea's home to find that his client has been kidnapped. The zombified remains of the Swords of Darkness litter the storage room. And there, Momonga finds the tortured body of Ninya.

in this show any human is expendable

i think only Nphirea will live because Momonga needs to save him to advance his name

and the enemy needs him

but i may be suprized

Edited by Pikanet128

Well Clementine was literally crushed. The fights were nice but it wasn't really much of a fight because Ains and Nabe are so OP. Once Ains gave Nabe the okay to go full out, it was over in an instant. Before that they were just toying around.

I find it odd that Shalltear would have revolted, but we'll see what is made of that next week.

• Like 2

Well that was different than expected and I like it when things aren't so predictable. Shalltear's battle form is hideous though. I do wonder what actually ended up happening to her at the end. The episode seemed to suggest that she was likely taken over with some sort of mind control. I was hoping this episode would let us know about the whole 'Shalltear revolting' but instead we just got her actions that led up to that assumption; so this episode was mostly on the same timeline as last week and the episode ended in the same place as the last one.

Three episodes to-go and I'm really hoping Madhouse doesn't pull a Madhouse; because I would really like to see this get another season announced and yet they're notorious for not doing sequels very often.

• Like 1

With the realization of just what exactly has transpired for Shalltear (World-tier magic); Ains is for the first time really freaked out. This likely means there are other players actually in this world after all and he doesn't know what their goal is; even if that's not the case, someone has the power of World-tier magic which is only obtainable through items and therefore stronger than his own ability. He has but two choices; either destroy Shalltear, or use one of his own World-tier items to save her and use up one of his one-time-use trump cards.

It seems like he's decided to save his items and kill Shalltear, but I'm kind of thinking he'll do the opposite and actually save her when the time comes. Either way he has decided to go alone to face her despite him apparently being at a disadvantage since she has abilities that greatly affect the undead.

I'm hyped to finally see an on-coming battle that could actually put Ains power to the test. Sadly we've only got two episodes to go so it seems the ordeal with Shalltear will be the conclusion of the series and we don't know at this time if they'll do anymore seasons in the future. I'd definitely like to see more of Overlord.

• Like 1

It seemed like Shalltear was giving Ains a run for his money, but in the end it's apparently went just as planned. Ains has made her used up all her skills, almost all her MP, and even the skill to revive (which I assume was a one-time use). I feel like the latter was what Ains goal was, but we'll see in the finale next week. It's been an interesting fight so far, but it has been rather slow and awkward. Wonder why he went with a garb that was resistant to fire instead of keeping his god-tier armor or using something resistant to holy since that seems like a bigger weakness than fire. Although thinking about what Ains said at the end; I guess it was his goal to make her assume she had the advantage so she wouldn't fight cautiously and in the end Shalltear has played right into his hand.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
24 minutes ago, Tanis said:

Any news on the BDs or a SE2?

No S2 announcement so far. As for BDs all are out, but not all have been released with subtitles yet.

LNS has done them, but as with most of their projects they used OC (Ordered Chapters, where you splice Opening & Ending out and then segment them to play on each episode) just to save some space. So I tend to avoid OC releases. SallySubs released the first 4 episodes but cited they wanted to redo them with a better encode so they've stalled Overlord for now.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...