Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

zephy669

What got you into anime, and kept you there?

66 posts in this topic

I found the plots and animations very good and interesting, plus it taught me english and japanese at the same time.

when i was a kid , it was yu gi oh and digimon 
at the time i was watching it in dub version on the tv and did not even know that it's called anime 

in high school i met a friend whom i was playing yu gi oh with and when became good friends and started talking often he introduced me to anime though DBZ and from there it started 

as why i keep watching it till today , well every one has something to do when he is free , for me if im not studying or going out with friends then its anime , something i enjoy and learn quite a few things from especially since i'm studying Japanese so it helps me a lot 

1 person likes this

IIRC it all started with DBZ. I don't really know "anime" back then and was watching it not because it's an anime but because it's cool. I got hooked into anime since then. Anime provided me with a kind of entertainment that you can't easily find (if there is one) in any live-action TV shows.

My earliest anime memories are watching the anime movies that used to come on Sci-Fi Channel. It's how I first saw stuff like Roujin-Z and Akira. The shows that really fostered my love for it and made it stick were the shows of Toonami: Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, and Robotech. 

Girlfriend hid the fact that she watched anime from me for the first ~6 months of us being together because she was embarrassed? Finally told me, had her make me a list of ones I should watch with her, did that, now looking for new stuff to watch together.

I like the more mature stories and I like a bit of romance in shows I watch. You rarely find that in American animation.