do you read manga or watch the anime first?

HeavenlyClassic

Took a break from the lawn today a bit and decided to read some Dragonball Manga. Just not as interesting as the show. In 20 more mins I will be back to mowing my lawn. XD

I've always wondered but which is the more lawn mowing friendly medium? Anime or manga? If it was a ridable lawn mower, I'd say anime but for a regular mower, I'd possibly lean toward manga being a lot more starting and stopping friendly. It's one of the greatest questions of in this modern era of Chinese cartoons.

Took a break from the lawn today a bit and decided to read some Dragonball Manga. Just not as interesting as the show. In 20 more mins I will be back to mowing my lawn. XD

I've always wondered but which is the more lawn mowing friendly medium? Anime or manga? If it was a ridable lawn mower, I'd say anime but for a regular mower, I'd possibly lean toward manga being a lot more starting and stopping friendly. It's one of the greatest questions of in this modern era of Chinese cartoons.

I prefer push mower as it gives me more muscles when working in the yard.

I prefer push mower as it gives me more muscles when working in the yard.

I'm a push mower myself as well. Push-master race. But, you dodged my initial question. What is the more lawn mowing (in this case push mower) friendly medium?

I agree, pistons50. That's what happened to me with Tokyo Ghoul.

I liked the first few episodes so much I started reading far, far ahead in the manga.

I dropped that in the end and I'll probably pick the anime up again at some point but the convenience of continuing the story at breakneck speed was great.

Vive la manga!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tend to watch anime over reading manga, but this is purely because I'm a lazy cunt. If there's an airing series that only adapts part of a manga, I'll go read the rest if the anime was good, e.g. One Punch Man.

In fact, I actively avoid reading the manga of an airing anime until its complete, because, unfortunately for me, a large part of what makes watching anime so fun is wondering what's going to happen next. If I read the manga, it takes away that aspect. It's not so bad for light novels, since they're a significantly less amount of pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

I very much prefer to watch the anime first. I would rather know what's going to happen when reading than when watching. I tend to get sidetracked, since watching requires less attention than reading.

Plus, it's easier to watch anime with others than read manga with others, and I do this often.

If it's new to me and I've watched  or read either one, I would usually prefer to watch the anime first.

The anime kind of serves as a primer.  If the anime wasn't dreadful, then reading the manga afterward usually adds something positive to the experience.  Doing it in reverse, reading the manga first, can sometimes ruin the overall experience.  It's very common where people enjoy the manga or novel then go watch the anime afterward, and it's a huge letdown, taking away from the overall experience.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Moar-Chan said:

Most of the time I just pick up where the Anime ended.

I'd imagine that must be quite annoying when the anime changes the ending like some do. I have done that on a few occasions only to find the anime didn't follow the manga so that it could end quicker or the director felt like they wanted to go in their own direction.

I don't read much Manga, I usually like to watch and anime rather than read, but do have a few Manga on my to read list because the anime cut it short or didn't end the best way (or according to the manga that is.)