Favorite Type of Music

RedXIII

Genre  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite kind of genre?

Well hmm, what music type do I like, I kind of like them all, but especially in my point of view, I really love classical music... Composers like Hans Zimmer, Howard Shore, Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and many others, I rally love their music, I really love their art...

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that is a bit of difference in style, metal and techno. Mine would have to be Metal or a good upbeat rock song. Though with Metal, they need to have an awesome beat and vocalist for me to like them :)

a lot of guys i know that are into metal also love hard house and trance usually the hardcore stuff ;)

I listen to Rock bands like Sum 41, 30 Seconds to Mars, Fit For Rivals, Bush, Guns n' Roses, Foo Fighters, Egypt Central, etc. Post-Hardcore bands like The Devil Wears Prada and Alexisonfire are good too. I like Grunge bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice In Chains

But I also love my Metal. From Heavy Metal bands like Metallica (seeing them in November!!), Iron Maiden, Godsmack, etc to some Metalcore such as As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, and Bullet For My Valentine. My favorite metal genre would be Melodic Death Metal though with bands like In Flames, Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, Kalmah, etc.

Well that just about covers the type of music, don't really have a favorite though, just depends on what mood I'm in.

I like all kinds of music. I dont have a specific favorite. I guess you could say that my "favorite" is the kind of song that really means something. The type of song that really speaks to you and maybe even makes you think That is my favorite

electronica trance ftw Armin van buuren, paul Van Dyke Above & beyond!

But I like all types of music hans Zimmer is awesome and a lot of old rock groups: deep purple, dire straits, eric clapton the list goes on...

Its Great to see im not the only one who likes trance :) at least some people have taste, the typical person likes rock and other heavier metal bands or rap.

Ah...lets see. i like most genres, but i was raised on hard core music like Industrial(Static-X,Fear Factory, Marilyn Mansion) Thrash Metal...

Black metal. but i like soft slow music too...(Not sure what type of genre)

especially music like "requeim for a dream" ^^

I listen to Rock bands like Sum 41, 30 Seconds to Mars, Fit For Rivals, Bush, Guns n' Roses, Foo Fighters, Egypt Central, etc. Post-Hardcore bands like The Devil Wears Prada and Alexisonfire are good too. I like Grunge bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice In Chains

But I also love my Metal. From Heavy Metal bands like Metallica (seeing them in November!!), Iron Maiden, Godsmack, etc to some Metalcore such as As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, and Bullet For My Valentine. My favorite metal genre would be Melodic Death Metal though with bands like In Flames, Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, Kalmah, etc.

Well that just about covers the type of music, don't really have a favorite though, just depends on what mood I'm in.

lol basically same here. tried making my own post but ended up making a huge rant. anything that sounds powerful and not stale is good for me. Current favorite genre is metal, death metal more specifically. Death and Cannibal Corpse (lesser known melodic death metal bands like Kalmah and Anata included) only but looking to expand. Recently started to get into Megadeth and digging deeper into the Metallica and Maiden catalog. Throw my favorite band the Japanese Dir en grey there and a couple of songs from other Japanese bands like X Japan and Maximum the Hormone.

but currently I'm listening to the very pop opening and closing songs for code geass because they too sound good.