help with my laptop

sasuke chan

i may have a control panel virus, i have taking my laptop back to factory condition 3 times every time i do that the virus moves to a new place, the last time it was playing with my keyboard and mouse and the sd and usb ports, now it playing with my adjust screen resolution then i put my hdmi to my tv to extend my laptop screen

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/DarkSasuke6861/20141013_144940_zps75ef309b.jpg

or could the hp place did some thing to my laptop to make my laptop f***up went they put in a new fan went the old fan blowed up.

hp pavilion g7 series

a4 vision amd

windows 7

Edited by Kirito chan

Something you are doing is getting this program back on your computer, the virus might be on a usb or usb hd or someone might be remotely accessing your computer some how.  I find so much more peace of mind using a "harden" version of ubuntu because i narrow the risk of rootkits and the very very rare chance of a virus on my hardware.

every tasted ubuntu?  its so much better / faster / virus free

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

, on 14 Oct 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

I find so much more peace of mind using a "harden" version of ubuntu because i narrow the risk of rootkits and the very very rare chance of a virus on my hardware.

No. Hadening does not stop stupid users from downloading stupid files. Granted, most malicious content is aimed at Windows users, but using a different operating system is not the solution to this problem.

@OP, once something malicious has spread, the only real solution is to reformat everything you have. Get SystemRescueCd and dd everything. If you don't and choose to rely on the people who are about to post recommendations for malicious content removal, then you are

a) stupid or

B) ignorant

Well if you restored it to factory condition like you claim you did (Which erases everything and makes it like you just bought it again), then its something your installing onto your computer again after the restore. Either pirated software or a random program/app that you feel you want for some reason.

Windows System Restore is not factory restore so don't mix those 2 up just in case you did. 

My recommendation is do a factory restore and erase everything, then quit re-installing the program or going to the websites that's putting that malicious stuff on your computer.

After factory reset, before you install anything again, put antivirus program of your choice and a program called MalwareBytes on your computer to help catch what it is your doing so you will know for the future. Then do all windows updates after that. once you have all updates and those 2 things installed, then go ahead and put your stuff back on it.

You could just try installing and running malwarebytes to remove it or spend a lot of time going through your registry and programs, but at this point I wouldn't recommend it and would do the factory restore after backing up your data.

, on 14 Oct 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

I find so much more peace of mind using a "harden" version of ubuntu because i narrow the risk of rootkits and the very very rare chance of a virus on my hardware.

No. Hadening does not stop stupid users from downloading stupid files. Granted, most malicious content is aimed at Windows users, but using a different operating system is not the solution to this problem.

@OP, once something malicious has spread, the only real solution is to reformat everything you have. Get SystemRescueCd and dd everything. If you don't and choose to rely on the people who are about to post recommendations for malicious content removal, then you are

a) stupid or

B) ignorant

the user is the most important part of system security XD

also malware can infect other hardware like printers/scanners/faxes/phones and reinfect the host computer

Edited by      

only program i put on laptop is mozilla firefox, bittorrent and vlc player after factory condition.

Are you sure this is factory condition? because what your saying doesn't make sense. You don't just reinstall the operating system and make it like new with everything freshly installed and erased, only put those on it, and then have a virus. Those are trusted programs and unless the site your getting them from isn't trustworthy then they don't have viruses in them.

If what your saying is the truth then I doubt its a virus.

Factory condition is a complete format and erasure of all your data and reinstallation of the operating system and files like new again.

I believe you shared a screenshot of your screen upside down, is that what your referring to?

Edited by DarkDream787

only program i put on laptop is mozilla firefox, bittorrent and vlc player after factory condition.

Are you sure this is factory condition? because what your saying doesn't make sense. You don't just reinstall the operating system and make it like new with everything freshly installed and erased, only put those on it, and then have a virus. Those are trusted programs and unless the site your getting them from isn't trustworthy then they don't have viruses in them.

Factory condition is a complete format and erasure of all your data and reinstallation of the operating system and files like new again.

I believe you shared a screenshot of your screen upside down, is that what your referring to?

a factory reset is extremely easy for a virus to dodge and stay on the computer all it has to do is worm its way into the reset code and put itself back on as a "factory" program, the quickest fix to any virus issue is a complete format and reinstall remember to actually format the partition then delete it once you do that shut your computer off to ensure that its not hiding in the ram and reinstall windows on bootup

and john please he's asking for help because he doesnt know what to do berating him doesnt make things any better

there's also the possibility your gfx card is going out because of the fan blow might've caused some backlash damage

a factory reset is extremely easy for a virus to dodge and stay on the computer all it has to do is worm its way into the reset code and put itself back on as a "factory" program, the quickest fix to any virus issue is a complete format and reinstall remember to actually format the partition then delete it once you do that shut your computer off to ensure that its not hiding in the ram and reinstall windows on bootup

and john please he's asking for help because he doesnt know what to do berating him doesnt make things any better

there's also the possibility your gfx card is going out because of the fan blow might've caused some backlash damage

Thats what a factory reset does, it formats the drive and reinstalls the Operating System back to its original state unless you have a way to skip the formatting process during restore or it doesn't include it, but usually it does it or asks if you want to. I doubt anything wormed its way into that as you put it, since restore partitions and files are generally read only.

I'm not berating the person as you put it, my last replies before that were suggestions on what to do and those were follow ups to their replies and also to make sure they weren't mistaking it for System Restore that's built in windows. Kirito isnt exactly giving detailed responses to my replies.

I do this for a living Renzourin, I went to college for this and have worked with Microsoft and other computer and electronics companies like best buy's Geek Squad and college work. This is alot easier to diagnose in person, a single screenshot and not alot of information makes it a bit tougher to guarantee a fix. I had to look up an online manual for their laptop model to get more information about it because they provided little information. They don't exactly give a history of its use or possible issues it had in the past either.

If they do a proper factory restore and it formats and reinstalls the operating system and then they dont put anything but those couple of trusted things on it from their original trusted websites, then I doubt its a virus because the programs are trusted and so are their websites they come from if your getting from them directly.

If what the person is referring to is the upside down screen that I saw in the screenshot any they truly did a correct factory restore with format and re-installation of the operating system, that is either a graphics card setting that needs changed, hardware setting, or a damaged graphics card.

Kirito, If you did a proper factory restore and it does that upside down screen right away before anything else is installed then I would look into the graphics card or settings area.

If your graphics are internal, I would have that looked at since its on the motherboard. Worst case scenario, you need a motherboard replacement. (Because of the price of motherboards, I would typically just get a new laptop for near the same price unless your laptop is an expensive gaming laptop that was over $1000 and you want to keep it) If their a dedicated graphics card, you might want to try a replacement.

Before assuming its the graphics card, I have 3 things that you should do in order to help get this fixed. Please follow the ones you can do and fill me in as accurately as possible.

1. First off try to make sure your graphics driver is up to date. If you restored the computer then it could be out of date again and an update may fix your issue you are having. (If you don't know where to get a driver update or have no idea what I am talking about, then tell me and I will help you find it and send it to you) usually you have a program for changing settings to your graphics, there should be a check for updates option in there usually.

2. Try this out for me if you can Kirito as well. Plug an external monitor into your laptop and see if the screen is still upside down or you have any graphical problems. There is usually almost always a plug on laptops for a secondary or external monitor to be plugged in. That will help with diagnosis and fill me in with more information.

3. Also tell me this, is the screen upside down when its booting from the bios or shows the company logo at boot up before it goes into windows or only after it loads windows up?

Edited by DarkDream787

It is comletely ossible for a virus to still exist within a computer after a factory reset. If it is a full hard drive wipe, though, which also wipes out the factory reset partition, that would be imossible for the virus to remain. Anyway, if it is a virus, you should be able to have it verified by running a scan with the program MalwareByte's Anti-Malware. If nothing comes up, it is definitely a hardware issue of some kind.If it is a hardware issue on a laptop, your best options would be to try getting it fixed by the manufacturer or get a new laptop. If it was a desktop, it could be fixed more easily with just replacing hardware components.

@DarkDream787 im planning on getting a new laptop next year, im going to keep on useing this laptop intill it blows up, i got this laptop used from aarons, aarons are the one's replaced the old fan went the old fan blowed up with the new one they did something to it any way's for it to start doing all this stuff. the laptop im looking at is  ASUS 17.3" 24GB Windows 8.1 Gaming Laptop from fingerhut

@DarkDream787 im planning on getting a new laptop next year, im going to keep on useing this laptop intill it blows up, i got this laptop used from aarons, aarons are the one's replaced the old fan went the old fan blowed up with the new one they did something to it any way's for it to start doing all this stuff. the laptop im looking at is  ASUS 17.3" 24GB Windows 8.1 Gaming Laptop from fingerhut

You didnt answer a single question I asked or gave me the info I needed to help you out. You want to fix this or not?