Which you prefer of Pokemon movies, anime, games, manga?

Guillermo31

They are all good, in different ways. The games are a absolute blast, excluding the awful fifth generation. Playing Emerald as a kid is one my fondest memories, the thrill of exploration, the irritation of having to load the game two hundred times until get a Mudkip with the right stats.

The anime and movies are also a lot of fun, even if it isn't as compelling as the games sometimes. It is another thing that I grew up with, watching every single episode and movie until the end of DP. It took the awful, awful Best Wishes to stop me, but XY (and Z) saved the day with the best season yet, no matter what your nostalgia says.

The manga is pretty interesting because it is far more mature than the anime, while still retaining all the fun. Plus, it has a great roster of characters that are all connected, so even when the focus changes, it still feels like you are following the same story. That is, until the Black and White chapter. It was, well, awful.

• Like 1

On 14/03/2016 at 7:44 PM, ElementalCards said:

I had to tamper its Speed stat a bit since it was exceptionally lower as a Swampert. What nature you wanted Mudkip to have?

Timid. It increases his Speed and decreases Attack, which was irrelevant since back then all Water attacks were Special.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys! I am obviously new here. I was trying to update my Pokemon collection on my external hard drive and it is so hard to find the new series in HD English dubbed. After a few months of searching and whatnot, I stumbled upon here. I use to only get CW pokemon stuff because it's such good quality but then they stopped during XY season 1. I have been collecting every pokemon season and I do own them all. I even bought seasons 3,4,7 and 8 from australia because at the time, they had those seasons complete on dvd. It saddens me that the only way to own these newer seasons in HD is to buy them digitally. I also dislike Viz releasing pokemon movies on just dvd. I was disappointed in the release of pokemon movies 1-3 on blu-ray because they had no extras and no pikachu shorts! Terrible :( 
Anyway, I can't choose what I prefer. I love the Pokemon games, movies and the show all for different reasons.  OH and the manga, I have the original RBY series. Looking into getting the GSC saga later. 

Edited by luigi7mew2
forgot to add one thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

-Anime (series and movies)

-Games

Never got into the manga, and I don't think I'll ever be interested. Never been a fan of manga in general, and never will be.

Do you guys play Pokemon hacked roms?

Being a hardcore Pokemon fan, I used to play lots rom hacks; hell, I even tried making my own at one point. But I pretty much stopped playing 'em afterwards as I immersed myself in anime.

Edited by Inverti

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't read the manga but i watched the series/movies growing up and also played the game. The last two generations kind of ruined it for me. Looks like the creativity was non existent which is a shame. The games will always be on top for me. Living the story the way you want to and grinding battles to face your next great challenge. No game has even came close to that sense of adventure for me. Sadly i have found myself playing hacked roms instead of the new games with the current gen. But with the new game coming out i might change that. Only time will tell.

• 4 months later...

I only really loved the Gen 1 games. The journey was amazing. As the series progressed it seemed to loose more structure and focus as time went on. 

The rest of it I never really was into. I did however find all of it amazingly fascinating. The marketing machinery that drove them is truly a thing to behold.

• 1 month later...

As I'm close to concluding my binge watching of the Johto saga, I have to say that I'm very dissapointed at the ridiculous rescoring that occured after Johto Journeys. I loved Master Quest when i was exposed to it the most during the Kids WB era, but the annoying amount of dub music doesn't make the dub any better. It would've been better if 4Kids had rescored the movies and left the original soundtracks alone in the episodes. Sadly this wasn't the case.

• 2 weeks later...