Which video game controllers do you love and hate?

SenshiKeizu

I'm really curios to know your opinions. Which video game controllers do you love and hate?

LOVE

Nintendo GameCube controller: Melts in your hand.

51CdKCZnG3L.jpg

HATE

Wiimote+Nunchuck: Awkward, destroys the experience

DualShock 1-3: Terrible D-Pad, terrible analogue placement, cheap feeling, too small.

nintendo-wiimote-nunchuck.jpg41MJw27eDNL.jpg

Edited by Rockman X

The Playstation controller line-up is awesome. I'm glad they've figured out not to fix something that isn't broke.

The XBOX controllers have always been shitty and they're uncomfortable to hold and use.

I fucking hated the DualShock 1-3, my worst controllers next to the Wiimote+Nunchuck, most uncomfortable controller in my honest opinion. The DualShock 4 kicks ass though.

I always used the Xbox controller's on my Sony systems, they're more comfortable to me. Heck, I preferred the shitty Duke controller over any of the PlayStation controllers.

That's why I hated them.

Edited by Rockman X

No controller has ever been as comfortable in my hands or as easy to use as the PS1-PS3 line up.

I like them so much I even use a usb convertor to use the PS2 controller as my PC controller to play games and emulators on PC with.

I've never owned an XBOX because it's always lower spec every generation and because the controller hurts to play with for very long.

No controller has ever been as comfortable in my hands or as easy to use as the PS1-PS3 line up.

I like them so much I even use a usb convertor to use the PS2 controller as my PC controller to play games and emulators on PC with.

I've never owned an XBOX because it's always lower spec every generation and because the controller hurts to play with for very long.

I respect your opinion. I'm glad you're not like: "OH FUCK YOU, PS CONTROLLERZ IS TEH GODZ!!!!11" XD

But to me, the DualShock 1-3 were the worst. They were the most uncomfortable controllers I have ever used in my life.

I'm glad they made improvements with the DualShock 4.

Edited by Rockman X

The X-box 360 controller - Hate

Reasons: The analog sticks are too much apart from one another making pro-longed gameplay a burden(plus they where kinda stiff). They required battery which would be a life long expense. Bulky and a bit heavy.

The PS3 Controller - Love

Reasons: Not like above controller(X-Box). Rechargable, light that makes holding the PS3 controller a pleasure rather than a burden.

Edited by LimitLess

I always hated the N64 controller. It always felt awkward to play with. A stick in the bottom center, a d-pad in the upper left, a single 'Z' button under the controller... cut off the left and right sides, change the stick to an 'A' button and add the other buttons and you have the wiimote.

I like the dualshock series, but the 360 is the best for me. The left analog is close by, the right is easy to reach, the trigger are more 'triggers' as defined by a gun owner/lover like myself. It's larger than the dualshock, but I don't mind that, as a matter of fact, with the extra surface area I can relax my hands much easier than with the dualshock. It always seems like the 360 controller just fits  my hands better than the dualshock  ever has. I found myself stretching my fingers and hands more when playing long hours on my ps3 versus that of my 360.

Edited by JimDaddy

I fucking hate the PS3 controller, I hurt myself on the L2/R2 buttons so many times.

I hate rechargable controllers in general. Every half hour I have to be tethered when using the WIi U pad.

I dislike the whole 360 to PC compatiiity. You had to but the wireless reciever and then they stopped making them for a while so they were hard to find and then they made them again but only bundled them with controllers. Then if I use a single controller between PC and 360 I have to make sure to unplug my 360 every time I sync it to my PC otherwise the initial one second the 360 controller is on will turn on the 360. Such a headache.

Wiimote was pretty stupid, while certain games liek No More Heroes and Wario Land gave me the necessary skills to one day become a suitable bride were pretty pointless.

Like - Wiimote, it isn't to heavy, and isn't to light, but there is the problem with accedently hitting stuff with it, more so than with other controllers, but the size feels right for my hand, when I first got it all controllers felt to bulky to hold, but after I grew more it fit perfectly in my hand. I also like genesis controllers, always did, they fit great in my hand.

Hate - SNES controller, it felt so light and like a toy, and fragile, it didn't have that much weight, and the buttons required more force to push then any systems controllers I have used, not counting off brand controllers.

Just wanted to say, while for fighting games, the gamecube controller is easier, but it is more uncomfortable because the size of the sides you hold are too thick, and if you get the kids controller it is to small, there is no inbetween.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

Dude wtf, i thought you left for the army?

zbDXs0J.png

Hate - SNES controller, it felt so light and like a toy, and fragile, it didn't have that much weight, and the buttons required more force to push then any systems controllers I have used, not counting off brand controllers.

YOU DARE DISS THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS THE SNES CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!???????!!!?!?!?!?!?!!????!!!! :anger:

Edited by Rockman X

I fucking hate the PS3 controller, I hurt myself on the L2/R2 buttons so many times.

switch to L1/R1, I never use those buttons unless it's for grenades or whatever :P

You always have you use those for sweep kicks in fighting games.

Dude wtf, i thought you left for the army?

zbDXs0J.png

YOU DARE DISS THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS THE SNES CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!???????!!!?!?!?!?!?!!????!!!! :anger:

Yes, I don't like it, out of all the classic controllers I prefer Genesis.

SNES controller felt to empty and fragile, and required more force to push buttons, which made me feel like I could break it at any moment when I was playing button mashing games like Street Fighter 2 or Samurai Shodown SNES, while I like the system and the games on it, the controller was a thumbs down for me.

Other controllers I have used, I didn't feel worry that I would break it from pushing buttons hard, or dropping it once.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma