Persona 5

Kenzou

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I finally beat Persona 5 a couple days ago!!!! It only took me a little over a year... VICTORY!!!

It was a massive play-through where I basically got beastly everything (items, Persona compendium, achievements, confidants), and took me 160+ hours according to the counter. This doesn't include the tons of save-scrubbing and replays that I did through a bunch of parts. I may have easily spent 180-200 hours on the first play-through. I did basically everything that you could accomplish without doing NG+ other than getting the damn "Listen to 250 Futaba lines" achievement... I hate this achievement. It always fucks me over in the Persona games.

As for the game itself, gameplay-wise this was like almost perfect Persona. Atlus has definitely almost perfected the formula. I believe that I still enjoyed Persona 4 "more", but Persona 5 is a close second just with all its fantastic gameplay improvements and tied around with Persona 3. The story for Persona 5 got a lot better towards the end. It was a bit meandering and a little too long in the middle portion (probably could do without Haru) which got me clogged up a little. However, once we started heading down the Shido path and going into the main twist, the story was gold. The "true ending" part with Yalbadoath was a little underwhelming, but the Shido parts were fantastic.

I was going to finally start playing other games on my PS4 after finishing this mammoth backlog blocker, but I've already started my NG+ play-through :P I'm going with Japanese voices this time, and I'm actually surprised at how good the English voice acting was for the most part. I'm a little let down by the Japanese voice acting, but that might be because I really like the Japanese VA's that they chose for Persona 5 The Animation and the ones in the game aren't quite up to par with them.

I'm almost at the part where I can pound out the remaining Persona fusions/compendium achievements/Twins fight, so I might stop after that. I'm still pissed that I couldn't get the Futaba command lines achievement. Anyone have any good tips on getting that last one?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/17/2018 at 11:02 PM, Nabull said:

I'm still waiting for a discount on Persona 5:baffle:

$30 isn't cheap enough for you yet? I doubt the game will go lower than $25 New this year, maybe during Black Friday week.

This is Atlus we're talking about after all, they're notorious for not doing steep price drops until it's been 2+ years.

7 hours ago, Toddler Naruto said:

$30 isn't cheap enough for you yet? I doubt the game will go lower than $25 New this year, maybe during Black Friday week.

This is Atlus we're talking about after all, they're notorious for not doing steep price drops until it's been 2+ years.

Where is it 30? 

4 hours ago, Nabull said:

Where is it 30? 

Literally most places when it goes on sale (every couple weeks). $30 has been the norm for its sale price (I believe regular is $40-50 now). It was $25 at Gamestop on Saturday for their Pro/Elite sale.

Lurk at https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Deals/ and you'll find a bunch of sales eventually. It goes on sale a decent amount on the PSN store for about $30 as well.

Edited by deanzel
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...