Persona 5

Kenzou

I like how you think :)

I only played P3P and I think that it's the superior version due to all the system changes (makes things slightly less of a grindfest), female MC and because I was able to watch all the cutscenes on YouTube ;)

The main thing that I missed was FES especially since I'm a huge Yukari fan (sue me). I just ended up watching the scenes on YouTube as well. Although, I've heard that it's beyond a grindfest,Yukari gets super bitchy (understandable imo) and just not very "fun". Still, more Persona is never a bad thing.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I absolutely think P3P is the superior version too! Along with all the other wonderful changes, the convenience of a portable Persona 3 is undeniable. But I still feel like you get the "full" experience by playing both P3 and P3P. You lose a bit of the emotion (and Persona is an emotional series!!!) when watching the events and conversations between characters in visual novel style. You know, with just portraits. The PS2 version is just like P4 in that aspect, where you actually have the characters on the screen acting out the scene along with the portraits that pop up in front of them. It's a small thing, I know.

Haha, so you're a Yukari fan. That's okay! I must admit that I didn't care for her at first but she grew on me! She's not my favorite, but I have a place in my heart for all the characters. And omg, I tried to play The Answer on my copy of FES a long time ago, and it was way too difficult to be fun. You are absolutely correct in that it is beyond a grindfest (and I actually like grinding...but this was too much!!!). So I watched it on YouTube. And yeah, Yukari is super bitchy, haha. But I understand why.

• Like 1

I only played P3P and I think that it's the superior version due to all the system changes (makes things slightly less of a grindfest), female MC and because I was able to watch all the cutscenes on YouTube ;)

The main thing that I missed was FES especially since I'm a huge Yukari fan (sue me). I just ended up watching the scenes on YouTube as well. Although, I've heard that it's beyond a grindfest,Yukari gets super bitchy (understandable imo) and just not very "fun". Still, more Persona is never a bad thing.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I absolutely think P3P is the superior version too! Along with all the other wonderful changes, the convenience of a portable Persona 3 is undeniable. But I still feel like you get the "full" experience by playing both P3 and P3P. You lose a bit of the emotion (and Persona is an emotional series!!!) when watching the events and conversations between characters in visual novel style. You know, with just portraits. The PS2 version is just like P4 in that aspect, where you actually have the characters on the screen acting out the scene along with the portraits that pop up in front of them. It's a small thing, I know.

Haha, so you're a Yukari fan. That's okay! I must admit that I didn't care for her at first but she grew on me! She's not my favorite, but I have a place in my heart for all the characters. And omg, I tried to play The Answer on my copy of FES a long time ago, and it was way too difficult to be fun. You are absolutely correct in that it is beyond a grindfest (and I actually like grinding...but this was too much!!!). So I watched it on YouTube. And yeah, Yukari is super bitchy, haha. But I understand why.

I just hope that they give us a different ending in the Persona 3 movies. The original ending is amazing but just way too depressing. And if you haven't started watching the Persona 3 movies yet, start immediately. They're amazing (much better than P4A).

Edited by deanzel

I just hope that they give us a different ending in the Persona 3 movies. The original ending is amazing but just way too depressing. And if you haven't started watching the Persona 3 movies yet, start immediately. They're amazing (much better than P4A).

I would but I was kind of hoping for a dubbed version.

It seems like that's impossible though, so, I might watch it subbed once all of the movies are out and have been subbed.

Yes, the ending really is heartbreaking. But how could they possibly change it and still have it make sense? And why would they want to change such an amazing ending? Sure, it's beyond sad, but it's also beautiful. And powerful. And dramatic. And super important for plot reasons. Even if they somehow found a way to make a happier ending, it wouldn't be canon. It COULDN'T be canon, for that matter. And that's all I can say right here without spoiling it for the others. :)

Oh yeah, and I've been meaning to start watching the Persona 3 movies but haven't gotten around to it yet. But I will soon!!! I saw a few clips and they look AMAZING.

Edited by Apollo

Yes, the ending really is heartbreaking. But how could they possibly change it and still have it make sense? And why would they want to change such an amazing ending? Sure, it's beyond sad, but it's also beautiful. And powerful. And dramatic. And super important for plot reasons. Even if they somehow found a way to make a happier ending, it wouldn't be canon. It COULDN'T be canon, for that matter. And that's all I can say right here without spoiling it for the others. :)

Oh yeah, and I've been meaning to start watching the Persona 3 movies but haven't gotten around to it yet. But I will soon!!! I saw a few clips and they look AMAZING.

Let a man dream!! For Yukari's sake! God damnit  :hguit5:

• Like 1

Let a man dream!! For Yukari's sake! God damnit  :hguit5:

Haha, okay! I'll let you dream to your heart's content.

Now, back to the topic at hand, Persona 5. I don't know if everyone's been keeping up with the latest news, but about a week after the last trailer was released, some new details were revealed. Even though this was a couple of weeks ago, I kept forgetting to update this thread, so here it is.

Rather than typing it all out (I'm lazy), I'll just go ahead and link y'all to a couple of really good Kotaku articles.

Analyzing the Persona 5 Trailer

Getting To Know Persona 5

And here are some great Gematsu articles.

I also strongly recommend the Persona 5 articles on the Megami Tensei Wiki. This Wiki is really good about keeping up-to-date with the latest news. I not only recommend it for Persona 5, but for the whole Megami Tensei franchise as well. There are awesome articles for just about anything you can think of within the Megami Tensei series and all its spinoffs. The main page even has a News section and a Release Dates & Events section.

Persona 5

Protagonist

Arsene (Protagonist's Initial Persona)

Ryuji Sakamoto

Anne Takamaki

Morgana

Igor

Twin Assistants

Edited by Apollo

Let a man dream!! For Yukari's sake! God damnit :hguit5:

Haha, okay! I'll let you dream to your heart's content.

Now, back to the topic at hand, Persona 5. I don't know if everyone's been keeping up with the latest news, but about a week after the last trailer was released, some new details were revealed. Even though this was a couple of weeks ago, I kept forgetting to update this thread, so here it is.

Rather than typing it all out (I'm lazy), I'll just go ahead and link y'all to a couple of really good Kotaku articles.

Analyzing the Persona 5 Trailer

Getting To Know Persona 5

And here are some great Gematsu articles.

I also strongly recommend the Persona 5 articles on the Megami Tensei Wiki. This Wiki is really good about keeping up-to-date with the latest news. I not only recommend it for Persona 5, but for the whole Megami Tensei franchise as well. There are awesome articles for just about anything you can think of within the Megami Tensei series and all its spinoffs. The main page even has a News section and a Release Dates & Events section.

Persona 5

Protagonist

Arsene (Protagonist's Initial Persona)

Ryuji Sakamoto

Anne Takamaki

Morgana

Igor

Twin Assistants

Thanks! And yeah Persona 5. I've seen enough of the trailers and the descriptions/theories. I don't need to know more. This and a PS4 will be purchased the day that P5 is released (hopefully a P5 bundle of some sort).

Thanks! And yeah Persona 5. I've seen enough of the trailers and the descriptions/theories. I don't need to know more. This and a PS4 will be purchased the day that P5 is released (hopefully a P5 bundle of some sort).

Haha, fair enough. I just wanted to put the information out there in case anyone else was interested. You know, ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!! :D

Edited by Apollo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you haven't started watching the Persona 3 movies, stop what you're doing right now and START! The second movie was SOOOOOOO GOOD. It was an even greater improvement on the first movie but that may just be a function of the story getting better as the plot progresses.

So many great moments like Yukari's shower scene at the hotel and... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And finally, Shinji... Dem feels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...