Alice

5 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW

• [img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img661/6808/vI2RIJ.jpg[/img]Athena
    • [img]http://i.imgur.com/B9VDJkd.png[/img]Tsukumo Yuma
    • [img]http://i7.minus.com/ibirieUKbDO92a.png[/img]LINKIN PARK
    • [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97168413/Signatures/BOTM%20Sept/BOTM%20Sept6.png[/img]Moodkiller
    • [img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3922/15230921205_398637ef67_o.jpg[/img]poetictragedy

Banner_zps394d92d2.jpg

BANNER OF THE MONTH: September

RULES:

• All entries are to be submitted by September 23rd.
  • Voting will take place between September 24th and September 30th.
  • The theme this month: Childhood Cancer Awareness
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Banners must be your own work.
  • Entries are to be GIF or PNG format, and should be 1600 (or more) x160 pixels
  • Text must say KAMETSU not KAMETSU FORUMS!
  • Animated banners are allowed.
  • Pre-made banners are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.

Koby is a huge advocate of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. So in honor of that which is this month ALL banners entered must consist of children and the yellow ribbon which symbolizes Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.

Edited by Athena
  • Like 3

Just so people know, everyone seems to do anime themed banners only; but we're open to game characters and even live-action stuff.

Would like to see some Game of Thrones or Pirates of the Caribbean banners for example, haha.

Just throwing this out there in case anyone thought only anime banners were accepted.

Hmmm...I just don't watch live action...have no idea what game of thorns is...Anime is just all I do.  I don't play games or anything so I just work with what I know.

Lol! Game of Thorns... nice :D. But I must agree, Anime all the way, even for the banner.

Personally I think it looks strange to have live-action avi's and sigs (no offence ParasiteEve, Koby and everyone else who falls into the category-this is just my opinion), but for a 99.9% anime and cartoon forum, the anime theme just works. 

None taken!

I think spicing it up with different style banners might entice more people to join, maybe some movie buffs that are just casual anime watchers would join or something. Anyhow what I'm getting at is maybe others would have more of a chance at joining if they saw more than anime all the time. Super far fetched I know, but I've always saw kam as an all around forum not just anime. (sorry for all the blabbing)

• Like 2

None taken!

I think spicing it up with different style banners might entice more people to join, maybe some movie buffs that are just casual anime watchers would join or something. Anyhow what I'm getting at is maybe others would have more of a chance at joining if they saw more than anime all the time. Super far fetched I know, but I've always saw kam as an all around forum not just anime. (sorry for all the blabbing)

Ah many thanks!

And good point/s actually now that you mention them! Didnt think of it from that point of view, and I can see how that would actually work.

Well I will leave the live-action banners to the experienced then (I can't even get some stupid text to work on mine -_-

There is also the point of view that things change with time. Just look back at our history. We started as a community roleplaying board, turned into an final fantasy video game discussion board, moved on to general rpg video games, then to just gaming in general, from there we merged with my anime community and became an anime/gaming board, then later became a download community of anime, sorta merged with a cartoon related board and grew our cartoon section, etc...

I wouldn't mind broadening our horizons and getting the Entertainment board more lively or expanding it. There is a lot of awesome live-action shows out there to talk about and with anime becoming generic ecchi/moe/fanservice I've slowly been drifting away from it and watching more live-action shows which have in recent years been getting better special effects and more shows in the genres I like to see (sci-fi, action, supernatural, etc)... So yeah... Theres that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! ouo

I tend to think that BOTM gets lost in the shuffle most of the time. It's never been as popular as the SOTW. That being said, there are still only about a dozen members that vote in the SOTW competitions consistently, and that's also a sad statistic. Though, this isn't a graphics community, so I suppose you can't expect much.

Well if it makes you feel any better, I didn't vote either =P

Ha, yeah that helps xD.

Thank you! ouo

I tend to think that BOTM gets lost in the shuffle most of the time. It's never been as popular as the SOTW. That being said, there are still only about a dozen members that vote in the SOTW competitions consistently, and that's also a sad statistic. Though, this isn't a graphics community, so I suppose you can't expect much.

Np!

Yeah those are also good points, also having it once a month I guess it sort of gets forgotten in comparison to SOTW... Meh, oh well at least there are entries and we see them in the banner later on.