Sign in to follow this  
Gwapogi

Manga Scanlation Groups

I've been interested in Mangas lately. Some of you may have noticed, especially Kouhai, I think...

Now, my purpose in making this topic is to have your opinions about which of the groups are the best.

So yeah... I hope you guys would post in here.

About my "favorite" scanlation groups, I would say MangaStream and Red Hawk Scanlations/Neo.

I also downloaded some of HorribleScans (CRRip) releases cause first of all, it's an official translation, and lastly, it has a higher quality than those of the scanlation groups' releases, but they're not that great at all since they start ripping chapters at the middle part of the series which is a no no.

So, basically, which groups are translating/translated our favorite manga?

Utopia Scanlations

Village Idiot

Muda

MangaStream

Webtoons live

LINE Webtoons

Red Hawk

Solaris

Maigo

/ak/

It depends on what series you want. I would just check bakaupdates and see which group releases more frequently, because I rather read my manga ASAP then get HQ translations.
Say if I were reading chihayafuru, I'd go on the page it has on (manga)bakaupdates here. I can see there are 8 groups scanlating it, but only TDX is up to date. = I'll go with TDX.

Generally I won't even check though, I'll just read whatever comes out the fastest, ahah.

That being said, it's also damn annoying when the page quality looks really bad (like this,sometimes worse), so I'll replace those chapters if I ever come by them.

As for me, I'd visit some "well-known" group and check their projects, and see if they released it from Chapter 1 - Latest. Then download it. Heehee...

Off-Topic:
I like your sig, Kouhai :)

I personally don't like using scanlations. I prefer to buy the manga in order to support the publisher. Unless it's Gintama in which Viz decided to cancel it -_-

Most of the ones I read online, are not published in english, or if it is published in english, the company didn't release every chapter.

Though some series like Toriko and Fairy Tail I read online so I can read what happens before it happens in the anime.

Most of the ones I read online, are not published in english, or if it is published in english, the company didn't release every chapter.

Though some series like Toriko and Fairy Tail I read online so I can read what happens before it happens in the anime.

For that reason I understand. For published manga with up to date chapters I would buy it. Edited by Rockman X

I would buy it if they're available here in the Philippines... Sadly, they're not. Some bookstores do have copies but they are very old and incomplete. So the only choice I have is to read online.

just as kouhai mention depends on which manga I'm interested on reading and which scanlation group is translating it :) would check bakaupdates too :)

as for completed series would just download from bakabt or from scanlation group,,, would always go for high quality scans..  

wish the old manga had better quality as well... if i have the time i would clean it myself and redraw everything if i must.. but its a pain :(

surprise no one mention 

Vortex-scans :) one of the best groups so far 

Edited by mike2319

Does Crunchyroll count?

Yes. I mentioned HorribleScans in the first post which are CRRips. :D
I meant that I actually use the website. But yeah it does count. Edited by Rockman X