Apparently we were DDoSed.

Koby

Yeah I banned a little twit last night and then we were DDoSed shortly after. As to if the little twit was responsible or not; IDK yet.

However either way our anti-DDoS protection seemed to work fine. In order to protect your infrastructure, our traffic was vacuumed up onto our mitigation infrastructure.

Thus the entire attack was filtered by our infrastructure, and only legitimate traffic reached our servers.

The attack last night happened while I was asleep. It was the first time we've been targeted like that in a couple years. Kind of funny really.

• Like 4

Wait a sec. Is this bad news?

It could be both good and bad. Bad that we got attacked, good that our server properly handled it perfectly fine.

I wonder how big his botnet is.

The attack only lasted roughly 20 minutes and didn't even manage to break through our anti-ddos measures.

• Like 1

Yo koby. For some reason i was lookin to see if i added some one in my friends list. They werent there so i looked them up to add and lo and behold they were banned. it seems there last activity was the day before this post if my sleuthin abilities are correct. I'm guessing it was Ayeka? 

Yo koby. For some reason i was lookin to see if i added some one in my friends list. They werent there so i looked them up to add and lo and behold they were banned. it seems there last activity was the day before this post if my sleuthin abilities are correct. I'm guessing it was Ayeka?

No.

http://forums.kametsu.com/index.php?/statuses/user/1-koby/?status_id=22325

The person I assume attacked us went by the name "theNexus". He was banned for being a crybaby and lashing out and attack staff members for giving him a "verbal" warning to stop attacking members.

No.

http://forums.kametsu.com/index.php?/statuses/user/1-koby/?status_id=22325

The person I assume attacked us went by the name "theNexus". He was banned for being a crybaby and lashing out and attack staff members for giving him a "verbal" warning to stop attacking members.

yikes. i read his posts. he did sound a bit miffed. i didnt read the whole convo but from what i read he was trying to hold his own against the whole thread. He seemed leveled headed but i guess not if the staff had to get involved. As a rule of thumb  i always say just ssay your piece and leave it at that. Dont argue cuz that leads to conflicts. Just ignore the bait and dont bitch!

But i am shocked at the himeji mizuki. Apparently she had some issues so i'm not surprised.

His problem and why he got banned had very little to do with anything he did on the forum during posting. He received a verbal notice to calm down. The fact that he went ape shit crazy and decided to attack two admins because he couldn't handle his verbal warning is what led to his banning. He was a child who couldn't take being told not to do something so he resorted to attacking the staff. He pretty much asked to be banned.

I feel sorry for Phaz0n (Static X) who has to deal with him being part-owner of their own warez community. theNexus clearly isn't capable of handling any sort of responsibility well.

• Nekone locked this topic