One Piece FUNimation Dub Discussion

Kid Ryan

Well hey at least they got halfway, let's just hope the episodes sell well enough so they can they license episodes at least to the 400's that would be sweet but for now i'm content, i hope they dub this season well

I have no doubts at all that they will pick the right voice actors for Water 7 characters.

i prefer the eng dubbed that was aired on TV, over the dvd releases the voices to me just fit better.

i also like the little rap they made for one piece the first few times i watched it.

You do realize the dub you speak of was done by 4kids and heavily edited. Lots of the story was altered, words were changed, cigarettes changed to lollipops, guns changed to all kinds of random shit, and lots of episodes were cut/skipped. There was a reason it was canceled.

FUNimation's dub is superior in every way and stays true to the original dialogue with no video edits.

FUNimation's dub is superior in every way and stays true to the original dialogue with no video edits.

While that is true, some people prefer the voice actors 4Kids used over FUNimation's, because of their voices, not the script.

I personally prefer FUNimation's voices of course, nothing wrong with them.

You do realize the dub you speak of was done by 4kids and heavily edited. Lots of the story was altered, words were changed, cigarettes changed to lollipops, guns changed to all kinds of random shit, and lots of episodes were cut/skipped. There was a reason it was canceled.

im not saying 4kids should have had the liscense to do what they did with it, but i still prefer those voice actors over dvd ones.

which have guys from DBZ come in and do a lot of the dubbing.

the opening was way cooler, and the voices to me fit as the opening with the pirate king saying "i left everythng i own in one piece" in the dvd ones or w/e ones i got here he sounds kinda wimpy and says "i left it all in one place" which is kinda lame in comparison.

other then that i agree they did turn it into crap, but i still liked the voices.

im not saying 4kids should have had the liscense to do what they did with it, but i still prefer those voice actors over dvd ones.

which have guys from DBZ come in and do a lot of the dubbing.

the opening was way cooler, and the voices to me fit as the opening with the pirate king saying "i left everythng i own in one piece" in the dvd ones or w/e ones i got here he sounds kinda wimpy and says "i left it all in one place" which is kinda lame in comparison.

other then that i agree they did turn it into crap, but i still liked the voices.

Some of the voices were decent but funimations voices fit the characters better how it was intended and the opening was stupid, We are pawns that little rap anyday in both japanese and english so yean, i kinda have to disagree with that

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I gotta admit... Sanji sounding like a stuffy nosed mobster was way cooler than the funimation Sanji... but otherwise, they all sound just fine to me. As to the left it all in one piece... Isn't one piece the nameof the treasure, not the location? O.o

Oh yeah, btw... Man I can't wait for new dubs... My bad eyes can never read fast enough for subs ; ;

• 2 months later...
We will be getting Episodes 206-263 DUBBED during Summer 2012, until then, we're getting NOTHING T_T.

I actually doubt we'd get them all this Summer. They haven't exactly announced 'how' they'll be releasing the episodes. As to whether they'll continue the 13 episode sets, just the collection sets, or even doing Blu-rays. However regardless of how they end up releasing them.. I'm sure it'll just be the first new set this summer and we'll still be waiting every month or two for the next installments.

I actually doubt we'd get them all this Summer. They haven't exactly announced 'how' they'll be releasing the episodes. As to whether they'll continue the 13 episode sets, just the collection sets, or even doing Blu-rays. However regardless of how they end up releasing them.. I'm sure it'll just be the first new set this summer and we'll still be waiting every month or two for the next installments.

I was never expecting for FUNimation to literally release Episodes 206-263 during the summer, I just meant they would start to release those episodes during the summer.

Hopefully they will be switching to 26 episode box sets every 3-4 months though.