One Piece FUNimation Dub Discussion

Kid Ryan

• 1 month later...

yea im getting the special one piececollections sets alot cheaper you get 26b eps for $20 usd in stead of like 6 for $35 a much better deal hopfully when they get up to the skypiea eps they will bring out the water 7 eps ive been watching them on line in sub and cant wait for them to be dub i can enjoy them more since i dont have to focus somuch on readding what they say and miss some of the action

This really kills me I was renting all the funimation dubbed from Blockbuster then they didn't get the one that followed the end of the skypeia thing so I went ahead and bought it only to find out that Funimation has gone back to episode one releasing everything in new boxsets. It's a total screwjob IMO. The series is not ever going to be as crazy popular as Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, or even Bleach here in the USA so the Japanese rights holders should not be demanding an exorbitant price. It feels to me like the whole thing is dead on the vine. I hope I'm wrong.

This really kills me I was renting all the funimation dubbed from Blockbuster then they didn't get the one that followed the end of the skypeia thing so I went ahead and bought it only to find out that Funimation has gone back to episode one releasing everything in new boxsets. It's a total screwjob IMO. The series is not ever going to be as crazy popular as Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, or even Bleach here in the USA so the Japanese rights holders should not be demanding an exorbitant price. It feels to me like the whole thing is dead on the vine. I hope I'm wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just gonna say hurry up Funimation i have watched all the first half of one piece in jap with subs (516 eps) what an awesome journey, i love the show, i also love the english dub i can't wait to hear Patrick Seitz as Franky (greg ayres when he's younger) i wanna know what Brooke will sound like in english too, i wanna see the whole Klabautermann thing in english, there's a damn lotta wants and whole lotta slacking on funimations part, i'll forgive them if they release the series quicker in the future.

I'm just gonna say hurry up Funimation i have watched all the first half of one piece in jap with subs (516 eps) what an awesome journey, i love the show, i also love the english dub i can't wait to hear Patrick Seitz as Franky (greg ayres when he's younger) i wanna know what Brooke will sound like in english too, i wanna see the whole Klabautermann thing in english, there's a damn lotta wants and whole lotta slacking on funimations part, i'll forgive them if they release the series quicker in the future.

As it's been said before thwem don't blame them, blame toei for not letting them license it quicker but business is business, funi is still in negoations with toei to get the rest of the series along with the movies, so all we can do is wait

As it's been said before thwem don't blame them, blame toei for not letting them license it quicker but business is business, funi is still in negoations with toei to get the rest of the series along with the movies, so all we can do is wait

With our fingers crossed and/or praying to whatever deity you worship. :)

• 4 weeks later...

People, i want you guys to tune in the unofficial one piece podcast tonight, there's gonna be some special announcement on one piece, i think this is good news here i mean look at funi's facebook they have one piece pictures in their tops now and evne FRANKY, this might be the moment we've been waiting for here folks the podcast starts 4pm CT/5pm ET, funimation's is even promoting this that's what makes it more excting so everyone tune in let's hope we get some good news

People, i want you guys to tune in the unofficial one piece podcast tonight, there's gonna be some special announcement on one piece, i think this is good news here i mean look at funi's facebook they have one piece pictures in their tops now and evne FRANKY, this might be the moment we've been waiting for here folks the podcast starts 4pm CT/5pm ET, funimation's is even promoting this that's what makes it more excting so everyone tune in let's hope we get some good news

Yeah, let's hope for the best!

Thanks animenerd99

I just checked out the FUNimation Facebook and read this:

For those of you excited about One Piece season 4 who disn't choose to listen to the podcast about it, allow me to enlighten you:

- Episodes 206-263, which wraps up G8 and completes Water 7

- Production has begun already, release date projected at Summer 2012

- 16:9 HD masters, so Blu-Rays are presumed but not 100% confirmed

- Voice actors will be maintained as much as possible

It's a shame it wasn't up to episode 325, but it's still something. I already watched these but I can always watch it again. Can't wait ^.^

For those of you excited about One Piece season 4 who disn't choose to listen to the podcast about it, allow me to enlighten you:

Hopefully FUNimation will have the license to Episodes 264-325 :), by the time Episode 263 is available dubbed :D.

206-263? Kind of sucks they didn't license more. Especially since that's only mid-way through an arc. It may complete the 'Water Seven' arc but it rolls right into the Enies Lobby arc where they actually end up beating the bad guys of the Water Seven arc so I'd consider them as one big giant arc. It would have been great had they licensed at least 206-316 for that reason. The way it is now... they'll catch up and leave everyone on yet again another unfinished arc.

Anime News Network (ANN) has now confirmed this news to be official and true: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-10-28/funimation-acquires-more-episodes-of-one-piece

206-263? Kind of sucks they didn't license more. Especially since that's only mid-way through an arc. It may complete the 'Water Seven' arc but it rolls right into the Enies Lobby arc where they actually end up beating the bad guys of the Water Seven arc so I'd consider them as one big giant arc. It would have been great had they licensed at least 206-316 for that reason. The way it is now... they'll catch up and leave everyone on yet again another unfinished arc.

You should be looking at the bright side, at least the dub has not been dropped or canceled, FUNimation does obviously want to dub more One Piece.

Agreed but it is true that water 7 storyline does last til the 320 odd mark, shame we have to wait ages between releases but hey i guess i shall hide the wait with the japanese version of one piece and the many other great animes this site provides :) as of this post i completed my 86th full anime series only started watching anime series other than naruto and bleach in march, last series i completed was Black Lagoon pretty awesome stuff i recommend it to any who love extreme violence and language.

Funimation were already 6 years behind the japanese on one piece i have a feeling they will fall further behind as time passes :P

i am anxious to hear what our favourite skeleton will sound like in english, also theres alot of epic storyline content coming up, once the funny filler ends in english we all be able to enjoy some first class storywork.

it has been a little while since i last posted something so i had a bit to write excuse me :D