One Piece FUNimation Dub Discussion

Kid Ryan

So question, are they not dubbing One Piece anymore or what?

Read through the last few pages of the thread and got confused on this matter.

FUNimation only has the dubbing license for Episodes 1-206.

But I'm damn sure they will license more episodes to be dubbed, later this year.

We just need to wait for a news announcement after one of the big anime cons.

I know many people will disagree but I like the name Zolo better than Zorro but other than that funimation's dub rox

His correct name is Zoro, not Zorro, there are not two Rs in his name.

I think he means their other dubs like soul eater

The soul eater funimation english dub does not suck.

Unless you are talking about black star's funimation english dub voice, which I do agree sucks, but other than that, the funimation english dub is awesome.

When you watch a subbed episode, you'll find that the style of speaking is different for many characters.

Sanji's japanese VA is slightly huskier compared to the FUNi dub. Luffy's VA is highly different as in the dub, his voice is squeaky compared to that of his japanese VA. they could have done a slightly better job with Zoro's VA as well but considering the translations they made, it turned out for the best.

When you watch a subbed episode, you'll find that the style of speaking is different for many characters.

Sanji's japanese VA is slightly huskier compared to the FUNi dub. Luffy's VA is highly different as in the dub, his voice is squeaky compared to that of his japanese VA. they could have done a slightly better job with Zoro's VA as well but considering the translations they made, it turned out for the best.

I just think if they had luffy's VA speak in a little deeper tone, it would be alright at first the gruffiness kinda took awhile to get used especially since it was so high but if it gets toned down a bit and little deeper then maybe we might have a winner

• 1 month later...

I am kind of lazy and like to see the action that is going on in the majority of my TV screen rather then just look at the bottom part of the screen, that is the main reason I like the dubs and the Funimation dub is much better then what 4Kids gave us. Too bad they did not just continue from where 4Kids ended though as they are just so far behind that it is doubtful they will ever get anywhere near current on their releases.

I am kind of lazy and like to see the action that is going on in the majority of my TV screen rather then just look at the bottom part of the screen, that is the main reason I like the dubs and the Funimation dub is much better then what 4Kids gave us. Too bad they did not just continue from where 4Kids ended though as they are just so far behind that it is doubtful they will ever get anywhere near current on their releases.

Um actually when funi first got the license from 4kids they dubbed the jaya/skypeia arc the next season 4kids was about to go to then dropped the license, so after going back and dubbing from the beginning up to the skypeia arc, funimation is now in the g8 arc they recently released episodes 196-205 on dvd in April So funimation has kinda gotten alot further with one piece and more releases then 4kids did plus not to mention they are releasing a one piece collection season that includes 26 episodes each, so now we're just waiting for them to announce something on season 4 but it would be nice if they re-released this recent to include 206 though

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised that this thread was never made.....

Anyways, post here to discuss about the most recent episodes dubbed in English by FUNimation on DVD.

I just watched Episode 195 several months ago, I'm waiting for FUNimation to release Episode 206 dubbed before I watch Episodes 196-205, since Episode 206 is the G8 Filler Arc Finale.

Oh, so they have acquired the dubbing rights past this current season?

Nope, not yet unfortunately. Once they do obtain the right then you're still looking at probably more than half a year to a year before they release the next set because it takes time to dub them and everything.

I seriously suggest fans to start on the subs. It's really lame because the arc after the next one - Water 7-Enies Lobby is one of the best ones in the series and I really enjoyed watching the Kazoku subs.

It was so good that I'm sure I could watch it a second time if and when FUNi releases it on DVD.

Pretty much the hold up is that the Japanese company wants too much money and FUNimation is trying to talk them into lowering the amount otherwise it's too much that they wouldn't be able to make enough to warrant bothering with it. So the licensing has been at a standstill.

Pretty much the hold up is that the Japanese company wants too much money and FUNimation is trying to talk them into lowering the amount otherwise it's too much that they wouldn't be able to make enough to warrant bothering with it. So the licensing has been at a standstill.

I really hope compromise is in order, i'd hate for funi to drop one piece right in the middle of the series

• 3 weeks later...