One Piece FUNimation Dub Discussion

Kid Ryan

Yeah I hope they catch up soon. Hopefully the dub goes beyond the Skypeia arc soon.

The last 12-13 episodes of the Skypiea Arc should be released to DVD sometime in December 2010.

Thats good news I've only watched up to episode 25 so far (and really like the series) so by the time I get to Episode 143 hopefully Season 4 will already be out, I wish they would dub the movies as well though, thanks for the info Baby Naruto.

.....Season 4 is 118 Episodes.

It's gonna take FUNimation 1 Year and 3-6 Months to complete it most likely.

Assuming of course that they keep on releasing 12 or 13 episodes every 2 months.

I'd be more happy if they released these half season sets every month instead of every 2 months.

I'd prefer them release 26 episode box-sets every two months over 13 episode box sets every month. I'd be much more willing to buy the sets had they not been so small. With a series as long as One Piece, there is no reason to make such tiny sets.

I'd prefer them release 26 episode box-sets every two months over 13 episode box sets every month. I'd be much more willing to buy the sets had they not been so small. With a series as long as One Piece, there is no reason to make such tiny sets.

Well yeah, releasing 26 Episode Box Sets every 2 Months would be better for saving Shelf Space and Money.

What are your thoughts on the FUNImation dub?

Personally I love it. The characters all seem to fit, and they actually give emotion to the characters breathing life into them. Unlike some of FUNimations other dubs *cough*Soul Eater*cough* and *cough*D.Gray-man*cough* that just fall flat.

Luffy sounds great, his voice actress is now doing Gohan in Dragon Ball Kai though and now Gohan sounds too much like Luffy. Zorro is voiced by the guy who did Shenron in the original Dragon Ball Z, but I almost thought it sounded similar to Piccolo, lolz.. Chopper is nice and funny when needed to be.

Anyways can't complain too much.. it's tons better than that shitty 4-kids dub.

OP_4kids_Luffy_Vs__Crocodile__by_vtophya.jpg

I think that FUNimation does a great job on the One Piece dub, it is definitely better than 4kids...I mean there is no blood in that at all...but I would be disappointed if FUNimation dropped One Piece.

Same here buddy. But there's no need to worry about that, One Piece will always be one of FUNimation's Top 5 Dubs/Licenses (ranked by sales numbers).

Same here buddy. But there's no need to worry about that, One Piece will always be one of FUNimation's Top 5 Dubs/Licenses (ranked by sales numbers).

Well thank god for that, I have only just been watching it for a week yet I have already downloaded and watched up to episode 70 i think, and I am downloading more every day :) It is just to good a series, I can't stop watching :)

Well thank god for that, I have only just been watching it for a week yet I have already downloaded and watched up to episode 70 i think, and I am downloading more every day :) It is just to good a series, I can't stop watching :)

I have watched up to Episode 108 and I only have Episodes 109-116 on my HDD at the moment (I always delete after watching).

I would download Episodes 117-143, but no room :S.

I'll most likely have to wait until I have deleted episodes 109-116 before I can download episodes 117-130, etc.