New site in the works

Koby

Relax people, like I said it's gonna be an invite only dating site.

Koby is the man! He's gonna hook us up with relationships and whatnot...

Haha that would be kind of funny. I know a several people who have hooked up with people they met here through the years.

But I'm not about to run a site like that.

hmm curious. different goals sounds interesting but i am afraid leaves me clueless.

well good luck with it anyway. i can understand the invite only, even though it does close newer people who may not have friends to get invites from. its one of those harsh realities now days.  this is not a criticism.

i like the "coming soon" page design too.  :)

I think an invite only system adds more accountability to the people that get invited in. For example, if someone invited an asshole that managed to cause issues between people, the person who brought them could face repercussions if it was proven that they knew they were going to stir shit up when they invited that person since it'd be likely that the staff would now who invited who.

I think an invite only system adds more accountability to the people that get invited in. For example, if someone invited an asshole that managed to cause issues between people, the person who brought them could face repercussions if it was proven that they knew they were going to stir shit up when they invited that person since it'd be likely that the staff would now who invited who.

Chop the older brothers hand off because the younger one stole something. Seems like the opposite thing you would want to do if you want to encourage people to invite others.

Chop the older brothers hand off because the younger one stole something. Seems like the opposite thing you would want to do if you want to encourage people to invite others.

The point is to only invite those you actually know and therefore can trust. If people just hand out invites randomly all over public communities to anyone who asks for one then it completely negates the point of being invite-only.
  • Like 1

While one can see the reasoning behind such a decision, its hard to carry on much of a conversation if one anymore seldom watches any new-to-me anime more than once every couple months when one can get a solid block of free time.

And for gaming discussions on Kametsu the vast majority is for console titles. Hard to stay enthused and active when one doesn't have to go further than looking at how dead the Steam usergroup is to see how much attention and activity is on the PC gaming front. (No seriously, I'm the last one to even leave a comment in the group and that was back in May of 2013!)

• Nekone locked this topic