YOUR INPUT WANTED

Koby

Having a tutorial section would be nice but it still wouldn't stop the questions. We've had a FAQ, Rules, and several tutorials lying around for years but very few bother to read them and instead ask the same questions that's been asked dozens of times before them because on top of not reading any of that, they also didn't bother to use the search to see if their question had been answered.

The problem is people are freaking lazy. So lazy that a button click on a mouse or reading a few words is just too unbearable to them. They'd rather skip looking and make others do the work for them. A dedicated tutorial section will not fix this.

@MoodKiller; I actually would like to add that feature, but as it currently stands, it'd take coding shit to do it or paying for some modification someone is offering on the marketplace which I don't feel it's worth it. I'm hoping this because the default norm in IPB4.

I wouldn't mind the live-action downloads coming back but the issue was that if they did they would be hidden to anyone who isn't at least a Donator or Crusader+ for certain reasons.

As for avatars, I'll increase the size when I have the chance if I remember.

I'm not going to add a board for advertising/plugging other sites. Maybe some pinned "helpful websites" thread could be done though... But I'll leave that up to someone else to maintain and start.

@Xegoog; Obvious idea in theory, but this rarely seems to do anything. All users are free and able to spread the word about Kametsu at their own leisure though and I'm willing to add worthwhile sites/communities to our affiliates/friends list.

• Like 1

@MoodKiller; I actually would like to add that feature, but as it currently stands, it'd take coding shit to do it or paying for some modification someone is offering on the marketplace which I don't feel it's worth it. I'm hoping this because the default norm in IPB4.

Ah ok I see, I assume this would be the same case for having the ability for sorting threads by a "Start/Posted date" category? While there are many ways to sort the threads in a particular section, I haven't come accross an option to sort by starting date (ascending and/or descending)??  

My final suggestion (and I think it has been touched on a bit here already) is that members part of the Uploaders and Donors groups could get specific privileges? I havent thought of any for the Donor group, but if Uploaders could possibly get some Admin controls, such as editing titles from the section page (rather than having to go to the OP and use the full editor), editing tags in the same way, maybe having the ability to remove posts from their threads (but I can see this being abused so maybe certain conditions could be put in place in order to get this privilege) and locking their own threads would be a couple of suggestions. 

P.s Thanks for deciding to increase the avi size, that will help a lot :) 120KB??

Having a tutorial section would be nice but it still wouldn't stop the questions. We've had a FAQ, Rules, and several tutorials lying around for years but very few bother to read them and instead ask the same questions that's been asked dozens of times before them because on top of not reading any of that, they also didn't bother to use the search to see if their question had been answered.

The problem is people are freaking lazy. So lazy that a button click on a mouse or reading a few words is just too unbearable to them. They'd rather skip looking and make others do the work for them. A dedicated tutorial section will not fix this.

I wouldn't mind the live-action downloads coming back but the issue was that if they did they would be hidden to anyone who isn't at least a Donator or Crusader+ for certain reasons.

As for avatars, I'll increase the size when I have the chance if I remember.

I'm not going to add a board for advertising/plugging other sites. Maybe some pinned "helpful websites" thread could be done though... But I'll leave that up to someone else to maintain and start.

@Xegoog; Obvious idea in theory, but this rarely seems to do anything. All users are free and able to spread the word about Kametsu at their own leisure though and I'm willing to add worthwhile sites/communities to our affiliates/friends list.

Unfortunately you are right about this people on the internet are extremely lazy I was just merely contributing a suggestion thanks for the consideration/explanation anyway Koby.

• 2 weeks later...

@Koby

I post a lot of rare-ish stuff that doesn't really fit into an anime downloads category
I've also been doing informational lists that are helpful when browsing/watching anime

Can i put these in an index? Just so they're easier to find.

Examples:

Bobobo English Scripts [PDF]

Incomplete Dubs FAQ

G Gundam Textless OP/ED Collection

1. I know I'm being greedy, but perhaps avatar increased to 200kb?

2. I support Live-Action idea; support general concept of exclusive/hidden content.

I support the idea of Light-novels, but only the highest quality and only novels they can't be officially bought in English.

Feature so you can choose to notify someone that they've been mentioned by name-- not saying every time you type their name it will happen - it's a choice--, and they'll get a PM or something; like the Facebook feature. It'd potentially help with get users more involved, especially if their input is specifically requested.

I know this may just be me, but some form of restriction or requirement to make Requests? I know it's our choice to help them, but it does irk me seeing people (leechers) registering on here, just to have us find them what they want and then they pop off.

Again, this is just me, but maybe an auto-deletion of inactive accounts under a specifc post count, with a one-week email notification warning to log back in?

Edited by The Question
  • Like 1

Request: Change all white shades to something else for the Kametsu skin.

Nothing is white (#FFFFFF) except for the wrapper. So even white text in posts is readable. If you're really having that much of an issue then your brightness/contrast needs adjustment on your monitor/tv.

My display is calibrated. My brightness does not need adjusting. The problem is the text and the light background.

There is no problem. White text is readable just fine as the background is more than dark enough.

http://www.color-hex.com/color/e7e7e7

Again, if you're having issues, you are not correctly calibrated.

Nothing is even remotely close to white except for the wrapper in that skin; so the very fact you believe it needs adjusting is evidence to the fact that your calibration is fucked.

My display is calibrated. My brightness does not need adjusting. The problem is the text and the light background.

There is no problem. White text is readable just fine as the background is more than dark enough.

http://www.color-hex.com/color/e7e7e7

Again, if you're having issues, you are not correctly calibrated.

This is what I see...

323f570995.png

That example you posted also has a shadow correct? That does make it a bit easier to read... 

Edited by Moodkiller

This is what I see...

323f570995.png

On my screen that is clear as day readable.

I'm not changing the design of our skins just because people one person thinks user selected colors are hard to read on their own setup. The fact of the matter is, no matter what color skin you have, users can select colors that could become unreadable. Changing Kametsu to be ugly to suit the wants of one user would be stupid. Especially since it's not a design flaw at all, it's simply something that only becomes an issue when someone decides to change the color of their text to something similar. The same thing can happen on a darker color.

It's a stupid suggestion.

2. I support Live-Action idea; support general concept of exclusive/hidden content.
  3. I support the idea of Light-novels, but only the highest quality and only novels they can't be officially bought in English.
  4. Feature so you can choose to notify someone that they've been mentioned by name-- not saying every time you type their name it will happen - it's a choice--, and they'll get a PM or something; like the Facebook feature. It'd potentially help with get users more involved, especially if their input is specifically requested.
  5. I know this may just be me, but some form of restriction or requirement to make Requests? I know it's our choice to help them, but it does irk me seeing people (leechers) registering on here, just to have us find them what they want and then they pop off.
  6. Again, this is just me, but maybe an auto-deletion of inactive accounts under a specifc post count, with a one-week email notification warning to log back in?

1. I just increased it from 50kb to 150kb. o.o -> :'(

4. Would be nice to use the @Username for this, but unfortunately this would require more coding knowledge than I have. Would be nice to have some more code devs on the team. Otherwise maybe this will end up a feature in in IPBv4.

5. Use to have a higher postcount needed to make requests. Could possibly reimplement this.

6. Wouldn't this just make people constantly create new accounts and spam the SeeD Hallway every week with their new account?

• Like 1

Hardly a stupid suggestion. The same could be said if I decided to use a dark text. Does it affect you now?

You've only just proved my point as to why it's a stupid suggestion.

Let me once quote myself from above to once again explain why your suggestion is pointless.

The fact of the matter is, no matter what color skin you have, users can select colors that could become unreadable. Changing Kametsu to be ugly to suit the wants of one user would be stupid. Especially since it's not a design flaw at all, it's simply something that only becomes an issue when someone decides to change the color of their text to something similar. The same thing can happen on a darker color.

It's a stupid suggestion.

Troll harder or go home.

I support the idea of Light-novels, but only the highest quality and only novels they can't be officially bought in English.

Feature so you can choose to notify someone that they've been mentioned by name-- not saying every time you type their name it will happen - it's a choice--, and they'll get a PM or something; like the Facebook feature. It'd potentially help with get users more involved, especially if their input is specifically requested.

I know this may just be me, but some form of restriction or requirement to make Requests? I know it's our choice to help them, but it does irk me seeing people (leechers) registering on here, just to have us find them what they want and then they pop off.

Again, this is just me, but maybe an auto-deletion of inactive accounts under a specifc post count, with a one-week email notification warning to log back in?

4. Would be nice to use the @Username for this, but unfortunately this would require more coding knowledge than I have. Would be nice to have some more code devs on the team. Otherwise maybe this will end up a feature in in IPBv4.

5. Use to have a higher postcount needed to make requests. Could possibly reimplement this.

6. Wouldn't this just make people constantly create new accounts and spam the SeeD Hallway every week with their new account?

Firstly, thank you kindly for addressing my point so promptly.

1. I know, I know. I did say I was being greedy, yes?

2. It's time like these I wish I'd learned to code; I will put the idea in my back pocket for now.

I personally think it would be a good idea. Some of their requests take a little bit of effort in research, or time/quota data depending on what they're asking for. I feel such an ability should be a privilege of the valued members; particularly the active members who contribute to the longevity of this forum.

Well, if you deleted their accounts that quickly, of course, but I was more thinking a quarterly clean up? If they haven't logged on in 3 months, their account is deleted, with warning one week prior to log in; excluded from cleanup if account is above X amount of posts. Then, for example, if you're above X (25), but below Y (50), you will be deleted after 6 months; continuing that sort of escalation until you're 100 posts, from you're only get a reminder if you're inactive for an entire year. ; this whole scheme would only apply to a Crusader.

On a side note, if the colour of my font is causing issues. Koby, I'm willing to use the default colour.

Edited by The Question

6. You could always make it like a month or three months.

-Or, if you know how, make it the 'Like this' button instead of posts.

Hell, there's an idea:

HIDE THE LINKS...until someone clicks the 'Llike This' button.

:D

• Nekone locked this topic