NOPE.jpg

Koby

I wonder if your gunna buy one server and divi it up. Thats the only way i can think of making some profit and be cheaper than retailers. If that is the case can seedbox size/price be negotiable. Cuz i need atleast 60gb for downloading bluray iso's. I dont how u would divide it up but im sure there is a way since filehost sites do essentially the same thing.

Edited by professa

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I would consider it because if I'm not mistaken you have offshore or out of country server or seedbox that can get around some US hosting laws.

The only thing that bothers me about that offer is, if you ever do anything to get your site taken down, or your site goes down from a random accident or error, wouldn't everyone elses sites that are on the same server go down as well?

I wouldn't feel like I had full control over my site or the hardware if that's the case since its not mine and going through your servers.

Not to mention you would have full access to all the sites data and anything uploaded to your servers from the sounds of it since its going through you and your servers and its not very secure sounding if that's true.

The only thing that bothers me about that offer is, if you ever do anything to get your site taken down, or your site goes down from a random accident or error, wouldn't everyone elses sites that are on the same server go down as well?

I've been running sites since 2001. I've ran hosting sites in the past; while also always hosting a select few friends sites for free (anime-stadium.com, gxsubteam.com, anime-xtreme.kametsu.com, etc..). If you had shared hosting then yeah if the server went offline then so would your site. If you had a dedicated server then no; unless the entire datacenter went offline. FYI; since switching to the server we have now almost a year ago, we've had zero downtime and zero crashes. We've had one Ddos attempt, but our anti-ddos protection rerouted the attack and our server and sites experienced no issues during the time; no one even knew an attack happened until I announced it.

I wouldn't feel like I had full control over my site or the hardware if that's the case since its not mine and going through your servers.

Not to mention you would have full access to all the sites data and anything uploaded to your servers from the sounds of it since its going through you and your servers and its not very secure sounding if that's true.

It's the exact same case with any other hosting provider out there. You're essentially renting space on a server or you're renting a server, or you're renting space in a datacenter somewhere for your own server to go unless you're hosting your server out of your own house off your own home connection (which most ISP's frown on).

You're currently running your own forum off a free host for modified phpbb boards without any real access to modify things. Your hosting provider (forumotion) has full access to everything about your forum, including the forum database. So how would you feel less secure anywhere else?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...