Paypal has once again blocked us

Koby

Stupid suggestion: Would using someone elses Paypal account work? I.e. If you are able to (somehow) to set up another Paypal account, could you get users to donate to say my Paypal account (for arguments sake), and then I would transfer those funds through to yours and you can pay the fees?? Obviously a major factor would be trust...

If I remember correctly, when I was looking into Skrill, it's not really friendly towards users outside the US, as there is a high transfer/conversion fee, as well as fees for you to withdraw the funds...  

Stupid suggestion: Would using someone elses Paypal account work? I.e. If you are able to (somehow) to set up another Paypal account, could you get users to donate to say my Paypal account (for arguments sake), and then I would transfer those funds through to yours and you can pay the fees?? Obviously a major factor would be trust...

If I remember correctly, when I was looking into Skrill, it's not really friendly towards users outside the US, as there is a high transfer/conversion fee, as well as fees for you to withdraw the funds...  

That paypal transfer idea would most likley end like all the other paypal accounts. Plus Koby isn't able to make another account. The result of that idea though if he could may end up in both accounts getting shut down. I would be willing to try it though my paypal account is my paying life line to the internet and I can't really afford to lose it.

I'm curious to know what grounds or reasons they have to decide to ban your account and then take your money?

Isn't there a valid argument on your part to contest it with?

They use to let you refute suspensions. FUNimation, etc.. tried 3 or 4 times in the past to get out Paypal shutdown by lying and saying we were "forcing" people to "pay" for downloads as well as "using money earned to buy their products to release".

1. We've never had any fund raiser to buy shit from FUNimation for distribution. People distribute VOBs/m2ts/ISOs elsewhere for free.

2. We've never forced people to 'donate', and funds that were donated were never used to purchase anime (except the one Zatch Bell fundraiser I had).

Now though Paypal just suspends without warning and doesn't tell you why and they say you're not able to refute the claim either.

One thing you've got to understand about lawyer types is they are paid to twist words and definitions. I would not put it past them to use this line I got from one of the bots on IRC

"Do you enjoy download BLu-ray Like Encodes at uncapped speeds, then plz donate to keep the server alive."

and paint that as 'forcing' people to pay for 'downloads'. They'd twist it by saying that this sentence means that minus donations, you would shut down the bot and thus restrict downloads. If this ever came to trial (not outside the realm of possibility), I wouldn't be surprised if this argument swayed a jury member or two.

Would a private checking account at a bank just for your Kametsu needs and giving the account number to send the funds to, work?

Then people could send money directly to the bank account.

...but this means I'd have to get off my lazy arse and actually, you know...walk into the bank and give instructions!

One thing you've got to understand about lawyer types is they are paid to twist words and definitions. I would not put it past them to use this line I got from one of the bots on IRC

"Do you enjoy download BLu-ray Like Encodes at uncapped speeds, then plz donate to keep the server alive."

and paint that as 'forcing' people to pay for 'downloads'. They'd twist it by saying that this sentence means that minus donations, you would shut down the bot and thus restrict downloads. If this ever came to trial (not outside the realm of possibility), I wouldn't be surprised if this argument swayed a jury member or two.

Then I'd simply point out that the particular bot in question was not mine and I had no control over it to begin with. =p

None of my bots say that; nor would I type with such poor grammar. Sounds more like shaq's bot.

• Like 1

After hearing some other user thought and looking around at similar sites and what they utilize, seems I'll be working on adding PaymentWall to the list of our donation possibilities. Sites such as TehParadox have used it without ramifications thus far and they're much bigger and into the warez scene. So if it works for them, we shouldn't have much issue I'd think.

The donation tracker developer also said he had a beta gateway coded for use with PaymentWall that he'd be willing to give me although he hadn't intended to release it till IPBv4. So if he does, it would make the donations available via the tracker again as well.

PaymentWall even offers the ability to donate via Visa, MasterCard, Google Wallet, paysafe, and even bank transfer. So it should be fairly easy for donators to be able to send money through.

• Like 1

After hearing some other user thought and looking around at similar sites and what they utilize, seems I'll be working on adding PaymentWall to the list of our donation possibilities. Sites such as TehParadox have used it without ramifications thus far and they're much bigger and into the warez scene. So if it works for them, we shouldn't have much issue I'd think.

The donation tracker developer also said he had a beta gateway coded for use with PaymentWall that he'd be willing to give me although he hadn't intended to release it till IPBv4. So if he does, it would make the donations available via the tracker again as well.

PaymentWall even offers the ability to donate via Visa, MasterCard, Google Wallet, paysafe, and even bank transfer. So it should be fairly easy for donators to be able to send money through.

Sounds very promising. 

Any ideas on what fees are involved? Either with transferring into the account as well as currency conversion costs? 

Then I'd simply point out that the particular bot in question was not mine and I had no control over it to begin with. =p

None of my bots say that; nor would I type with such poor grammar. Sounds more like shaq's bot.

Ahh...but the bot talks on the Kametsu channel on IRC, a channel you set up and operate. Now they can paint this as a conspiracy...shit I shouldn't be doing their work for them

did flattr not work out for you Koby? i don't believe paymentwall supports paypal?

According to Paymentwall's documentation on Spiderpipe, it does support Paypal...

cf0f69c986.png

I am up for anything that supports Paypal, as long as it isn't unsafe info wise and doesn't have any outrageous transfer fees lol.

did flattr not work out for you Koby? i don't believe paymentwall supports paypal?

According to Paymentwall's documentation on Spiderpipe, it does support Paypal...

cf0f69c986.png

From what I understand that just means I can tie an existing Paypal account into it so I can connect/manage all the various paysites under one roof. Unfortunately if I don't actually have a PayPal account; I'm not so sure Paypal users can send money through it.

They banned our second account, this time stealing ~$40. If you remember, earlier this year they stole ~$130.

This time around though it seems they've implemented more stops to prevent users from simply creating a new account. I just attempted to do so and my new account was instantly suspended as well. So looks like Paypal is absolutely out of the picture.

We have Skrill, but our Tracker doesn't properly keep track of it due to not having the API key which they only give out to "business" accounts and I have no way of abiding to their demands of proof to change to the account type needed.

But basically, Skrill will have to do until we can get something else setup. Recommend me some payment gateways. Server is only paid up till end of August, so we gotta do something fairly quickly so I can pay the server bills and keep the site afloat.

UPDATE: We will be adding PaymentWall and Payza as our main source of donations (waiting on account validation). You can still use Skrill though as well.

Bitcoin is used a lot lately, if i where u i would setup a bitcoin address and accept donations through it

Eh, I'm still jumping through all the hoops trying to get them to accept all the documentation they all require before allowing you to accept donations. Seriously these places want a copy of my drivers license, latest bank statement, social security number, any bill I get, tax forms, and a couple other things. It's rather ridiculous.

Eh, I'm still jumping through all the hoops trying to get them to accept all the documentation they all require before allowing you to accept donations. Seriously these places want a copy of my drivers license, latest bank statement, social security number, any bill I get, tax forms, and a couple other things. It's rather ridiculous.

Thats why bitcoin would be the best answer, anonymous, fast and secure

cf0f69c986.png

From what I understand that just means I can tie an existing Paypal account into it so I can connect/manage all the various paysites under one roof. Unfortunately if I don't actually have a PayPal account; I'm not so sure Paypal users can send money through it.

Ah ok I see now... re-reading the documentation then, I think you may be right. Well thats a pitty... though the fact that you can pay directly with your visa card/bank transfer, could be a huge benefit. As J-lord pointed out with the PayPal account, I hope there wont be exorbitant fees to pay.

lol, the hell?? I guess because you are collecting money, they need to make sure you are a legit person for want of a better word and that this wouldnt be your primary source of income maybe?

Definitely let me know when a new donation system gets in place (PM?). Gotta support this great site. And a hell no to Bitcoin. I tried to set up mining before for a couple hours but couldn't get it to work (granted this was on a Mac and my previously shitty Internet connwction).

Definitely let me know when a new donation system gets in place (PM?). Gotta support this great site. And a hell no to Bitcoin. I tried to set up mining before for a couple hours but couldn't get it to work (granted this was on a Mac and my previously shitty Internet connwction).

Skrill still works.

• Nekone locked this topic