Hiring Encoders and Distro

Koby

Do we get paid? I could sure use a paying job right now.

No lol. 

Don't laugh. I was being serious. How do you even know? Last time I checked you weren't a staff memeber so stop making claims that you know nothing about.

Paid to pirate material? I really hope that doesn't become a thing here..

Uh, no. You seem to have misunderstood. Paid to ENCODE material. Encoding is not pirating.

Edited by Xegoog

Do we get paid? I could sure use a paying job right now.

No lol. 

Don't laugh. I was being serious. How do you even know? Last time I checked you weren't a staff memeber so stop making claims that you know nothing about.

Paid to pirate material? I really hope that doesn't become a thing here..

Uh, no. You seem to have misunderstood. Paid to ENCODE material. Encoding is not pirating.

No need to get hostle, dude. I'm sure DeathTheKid didn't mean any offense. Even if "encoding" content we didn't own and getting paid for it was legal, which it isn't, it still wouldn't be kosher, and seeing as how this site counts on donations to pay for server costs, I highly doubt that Koby would be throwing dollar-dollar bills around for anything.

Edited by Arian
  • Like 1

Too bad people pay for Shitty Filehosters (Rapidgator, ect...) for a premium account to download "Free" Pirated Material :/

lol, I'll be stealing this line. "I think premium accounts for filehosts are bullshit"

I know. Things need to change, badly. Particularly the choices most encoders make with their hosts.

Edited by Arian

There was a thread that Koby put up for banned filehosts or something. Maybe updating it will get the word out.

I personally would prefer MEGA out of all these other filehosts. 1fichier would be second

They should rather have a premium account with these filehosts, than waste time with Rapidgator(that filehost has never worked for me[never!!!])

MEGA is the best currently, but it has technical flaws like running it's downloads with flash, rather than just with the browser.

1fichier is shite. Files get deleted after 60 days with low activity, that's BS. Filecloud is probably the close #2. Mediafire would probably be #3 but they're content Nazis, so disregard them.

Edited by Arian

Stay on topic folks xD

I would like to help out with encodes, but I'm not good with OCRing subtitles (Or I'm just Lazy) If someone were to do the OCRing for me, that would be great, I could send you the Sub files, otherwise..I don't think I can contribute much :(

Stay on topic folks xD

I would like to help out with encodes, but I'm not good with OCRing subtitles (Or I'm just Lazy) If someone were to do the OCRing for me, that would be great, I could send you the Sub files, otherwise..I don't think I can contribute much :(

What do you use to encode with?

Stay on topic folks xD

What do you use to encode with?

I either use Xvid4psp 5.0 or MeGUI since they have High 10-Bit option, I used to use Vidcoder (Fork of Handbrake) but since Baal showed me how to split within chapters I've started to use different Ones.

I also use CRF on Anime and Cartoons mainly because some scenes require High Bitrates, and with the Audio, I usually copy it over unless it's a format I need to convert to FLAC or an Unnecessary option needs to be converted (e.g. DTS 2.0 Sound, ect...)

I already had a folder for you guys on my server. :P But, if it's okay. I would like to do an application for those who want to upload to it. The Naruto Shippuden that me and EyeSeeDarkness encode uses that as the hosting server. I baught a 3Tb external HDD. Right now though I am at mom's helping her pack to move where I live. I miss everyone though. :P

• Nekone locked this topic